Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Assassin's Creed

Game » consists of 27 releases. Released Nov 13, 2007

Assassin's Creed is a stealth action-adventure game developed by Ubisoft Montreal. In the year 2012, Desmond Miles is kidnapped and made to relive his ancestor's memory through a machine called the Animus. As the ancestor, Altaïr, players unveil an assassin conspiracy set in the middle ages.

Does Traveling Get Better in 2/Brotherhood?

Avatar image for everyones_a_critic
    Everyones_A_Critic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

The first AC game has been sitting on my shelf for a while now, and today I finally decided to give it a shot in the hopes of catching up story-wise to AC 2 and Brotherhood. I like the assassinations and viewpoint stuff, and the other side missions seem entirely fine (though I'm not fetching any of those fucking flags). What I can't stand is the traveling from the "main castle" (you know, where the guy gives you back your shit in increments) to the other cities. I hate sitting on my horse at negative six miles per hour just so I don't piss off those fucking guards. Usually I just storm past them and hope that I eventually lose them but it is irritating nonetheless. Does this get better in future installments or am I just not the AC "type"?

Avatar image for theseductivemoose
    TheSeductiveMoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By TheSeductiveMoose

There isn't any travel really.

FancySoapsMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#3  Edited By FancySoapsMan

there's no horse

cstrang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By cstrang

Traveling gets much less tedious in the other two games.  It gets progressively better as you go forward in the series.

Sambambo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#5  Edited By Sambambo

In brotherhood there is a fast travel system. I have completly forgotten about travel in 2, sorry.

tsolless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By tsolless

There are entrances to an underground sewer syste scattered throughout the city. You can quick travel between these entrances.

Avatar image for bulletproofmonk
    BulletproofMonk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By BulletproofMonk
    @SuperSambo said:
    " In brotherhood there is a fast travel system. I have completly forgotten about travel in 2, sorry. "
    2 also has a fast travel system.
    ESREVER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#8  Edited By ESREVER

While there is still horseback riding, there's rarely any traveling from city to city on horseback except a few missions that has you do it to unlock the next area. 
    After you unlock an area, you're free to use any of the Fast-Travel stations to get from city to city. 

That was in Assassin's Creed 2. Couldn't tell you anything about Brotherhood yet.

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
    deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I know exactly what you mean.  

I can't speak about Brotherhood, but Assassin's Creed II did away with that massive hub-world the original game had. Instead, you only have to worry about a series of increasingly large cities, which have a bit of open landscape around them (if you're dying to ride a horse around), but you're not going to be riding around some barren wasteland looking for the right way to get to the next township.  

Also, Assassin's Creed II introduced a fast travel system. You have to discover the fast-travel locations by finding those tower viewpoints, but once you locate one you're able to warp to any other fast-travel location you've found in the game, which is way handy for jumping from, say, Florence to Venice (which would otherwise take a while, through load screens and separate cities).  

And the castle thing you refer to isn't totally gone from Assassin's Creed II, but I think it's definitely less irritating. Instead of a several-story castle on top of a mountain, itself ridged with a number of terraces, you're just dealing with a easily-navigable villa in a relatively small settlement. 

Avatar image for everyones_a_critic
    Everyones_A_Critic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Alright, thanks. I have to say the game is starting to grow on me a bit now. Glad to hear the series gets that much better.

Cincaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By Cincaid
    @Everyones_A_Critic: 
    Just finished the first game yesterday myself, so we're both late to the party! Just started on ACII, and so far it has only been really great improvements all around. The sidequests in the first game gets a bit repetitive though, and it was freaking annoying sometimes how easily guards got pissed at you and suddenly you were fighting 20 of them just for accidently running into one of them.

And yes, I collected all the flags and killed all the templars. Definatly not advicing anyone to do that unless they really want the achievements.
    Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
    deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@CrazyChris: Yeah, fuck trying to find all the flags in that game. But I quite enjoyed hunting the Templars down. Mostly because they'd just attack you if you got close enough. 
    Cincaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#13  Edited By Cincaid
    @Sir_Ragnarok: 
    The templars were alright, especially since I did them along with the flags after completing the game. Definatly more fun to stab someone rather than searching for an item. :P
    pekoe212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By pekoe212

Later on in the first game, there is a bit of fast travel: once you hop on your horse and ride through the first area outside the city you are leaving, a menu will pop up and ask you where you want to go and you can be instantly transported there. I don't know what triggers this, if it's the memory you're on or just having visited all the cities in the game.

rawrz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#15  Edited By rawrz

Ive been playing 1 lately and it had fast travel once I reached memory block 4. Not sure if it stays like that since im yet to complete block 4 but id imagine it does.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.