Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Assassin's Creed

Game » consists of 27 releases. Released Nov 13, 2007

Assassin's Creed is a stealth action-adventure game developed by Ubisoft Montreal. In the year 2012, Desmond Miles is kidnapped and made to relive his ancestor's memory through a machine called the Animus. As the ancestor, Altaïr, players unveil an assassin conspiracy set in the middle ages.

Help needed with the first Assassin's Creed

KillyDarko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 43

Edited By KillyDarko

Hi,
    I recently finally started playing Assassin's Creed, but I'm either really bad at it, or I'm doing something wrong.
    You know how to pickpocket, right? Well, apparently I don't-- the tutorial bit where you have to pickpocket the merchant took me almost 30min to complete, and I never understood why. I slowly get behind the dude and he doesn't notice I'm there, but AS SOON as I press the pickpocket button the guy immediately turns around, pushes me away and calls the guards. Finally, after those nearly 30min and a lot of despair, it finally worked, but I didn't notice me doing anything any different from before.
    Anyway, I was just kinda relieved that was over and hoped there wouldn't be much more pickpocketing throughout the game; but of course I was wrong. In Damascus (first city you go to after the first memory block) I've to pickpocket a guard-- and a guard that's up against a wall. Now, no matter how slowly I get close to him (even using the "blend" feature), the guy is always facing AND looking at me. I can't do it no matter what, so yeah... I think I'm doing something wrong.

Is there anything I should be doing that I'm not?
    Help? :)

As for some additional info, I'm playing the PC version, but I keep getting the same (lack of) result with both the keyboard and the controller... :(

Thanks in advance, guys!

KillyDarko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By KillyDarko

Hi,
    I recently finally started playing Assassin's Creed, but I'm either really bad at it, or I'm doing something wrong.
    You know how to pickpocket, right? Well, apparently I don't-- the tutorial bit where you have to pickpocket the merchant took me almost 30min to complete, and I never understood why. I slowly get behind the dude and he doesn't notice I'm there, but AS SOON as I press the pickpocket button the guy immediately turns around, pushes me away and calls the guards. Finally, after those nearly 30min and a lot of despair, it finally worked, but I didn't notice me doing anything any different from before.
    Anyway, I was just kinda relieved that was over and hoped there wouldn't be much more pickpocketing throughout the game; but of course I was wrong. In Damascus (first city you go to after the first memory block) I've to pickpocket a guard-- and a guard that's up against a wall. Now, no matter how slowly I get close to him (even using the "blend" feature), the guy is always facing AND looking at me. I can't do it no matter what, so yeah... I think I'm doing something wrong.

Is there anything I should be doing that I'm not?
    Help? :)

As for some additional info, I'm playing the PC version, but I keep getting the same (lack of) result with both the keyboard and the controller... :(

Thanks in advance, guys!

Avatar image for video_game_king
    Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#2  Edited By Video_Game_King

You may want to distract the guard, somehow. Maybe kill a civilian, lead him away, and then lose him in a bale of hay? Then, when he's leaving, pickpocket his ass and repeat the sequence.

KillyDarko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By KillyDarko
    @Video_Game_King said:
    " You may want to distract the guard, somehow. Maybe kill a civilian, lead him away, and then lose him in a bale of hay? Then, when he's leaving, pickpocket his ass and repeat the sequence. "
    Yeah, I thought of that, but my real problem is that I don't want to spend another half-hour trying to pickpocket some guy like I did with "the merchant with 360 degrees spatial awareness" in the tutorial, lol.
    I'm gonna try doing something like punching him or so to get him on my trail, but if I can't pickpocket the guard in the first 2 or 3 attempts after that, I think it's bye bye Assassin's Creed..... :(
    JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#4  Edited By JJWeatherman

Watch a YouTube video or something. It would be a shame if you gave up due to such a dumb little mechanic. 

Did you already figure it out?

KillyDarko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By KillyDarko
    @JJWeatherman said:
    " Watch a YouTube video or something. It would be a shame if you gave up due to such a dumb little mechanic.  Did you already figure it out? "
    Haven't tried it again, to be honest. Been pretty busy lately.... : /
    But yeah, the game looks alright so far, not really willing to give it up just yet ;)

But my question was more related to the fact that as soon as I start pressing the pickpocket key/button, the completely-unware-of-my-presence-until-that-very-moment-guy immediately turns around and calls the guards. I just find that weird, is all.
    Oh well, I'm quite the patient guy. Usually, anyway ^^
    Tuggah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

#6  Edited By Tuggah

This is weird, most pickpockets I could beat by holding in the pick pocket button and charging at them.

Slaker117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#7  Edited By Slaker117

Maybe this is an early mission that you have to do, but just fyi, you can totally just not do anymore pickpocket missions. I think you only need to do two of the side missions per city to advance.

Avatar image for awesomeusername
    awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By awesomeusername
    @KillyDarko: As soon as you pickpocket them, you turn around and walk away. They start checking their pockets when you pickpocket them. Don't run, walk. They shouldn't even have time to see you because they're busy checking their pockets. One major flaw about that game too is that whenever you see a guard, they automatically suspect you of something so they watch you. I do't know how far you're into the game so start here and keep going through the videos until you find what you're up to. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ui1CIPeBB9k&feature=related   
    KillyDarko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By KillyDarko
    @Slaker117:  That's good to know! I'll try doing the other stuff first and see what happens. Thanks, man ;)
    Raikoh_oni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By Raikoh_oni

I never had any problem with pick poketing  so I can't help you there but for the rest of the especially the end My advice is master countering not practice but master. Do that and the game is a cake walk but mastering it is essential because the end sequence you fight 100 guys pretty much all of them hand to hand. Also using the one shot daggers works well when you are in a pinch.
    Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#11  Edited By Claude
    @Raikoh_oni said:
    " I never had any problem with pick poketing  so I can't help you there but for the rest of the especially the end My advice is master countering not practice but master. Do that and the game is a cake walk but mastering it is essential because the end sequence you fight 100 guys pretty much all of them hand to hand. Also using the one shot daggers works well when you are in a pinch. "
    I remember running around in circles at the end of Assassin's Creed until my health regenerated and then dove back in. It was the only way I could survive the gauntlet.
    onarum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#12  Edited By onarum

I don't remember having any problems with that, like awesomeusername said, as soon as you pick pocket  just turn around and walk away, don't run.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.