Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Assassin's Creed

Game » consists of 27 releases. Released Nov 13, 2007

Assassin's Creed is a stealth action-adventure game developed by Ubisoft Montreal. In the year 2012, Desmond Miles is kidnapped and made to relive his ancestor's memory through a machine called the Animus. As the ancestor, Altaïr, players unveil an assassin conspiracy set in the middle ages.

Lucy's finger?

AURON570

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By AURON570

The part close to the end, it might have been the end... when Desmond is pissed and doesn't see a way out, Lucy says "have Faith." and she puts her hand to her chest. I don't know if I saw it wrong or not, but she either made a sign with her hand, or her ring finger was missing. Then Desmond sort of does a verbal double take "huh?" So I'm wondering if there's some sort of connection I'm supposed to make, or if I just saw it wrong.

Red12b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By Red12b

what do the assassins have to lose to become assassins? 

DoctorTran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By DoctorTran

I'm not sure which AC we're talking about. I'll assume AC1 and say the missing finger is due to the fact that, in the first AC, Altaire must have a finger removed for the blade on his gauntlet. This would thus be an implication she is an assassin.

Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 17

#4  Edited By Sooperspy
    @Red12b: Uhhhhh....Their ring fingers?
    PillClinton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By PillClinton

yeeeeah....dude this should be really obvious....

Soap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 29

#6  Edited By Soap

It should be obvious, except in AC2 they backtracked on that by having da vinci rework the design so that you don't have to lose a finger, and suddenly, Lucy has all her fingers again! :D 

AURON570

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By AURON570
    @DoctorTran: ah okay thanks dude. I don't remember that part, but it sounds familiar.
    JoeyRavn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By JoeyRavn
    @Soap said:
    " It should be obvious, except in AC2 they backtracked on that by having da vinci rework the design so that you don't have to lose a finger, and suddenly, Lucy has all her fingers again! :D  "
    In fact, Lucy never loses her finger. It's just a gesture she makes with her hand, like the metal horns or a Buddhist mudra, but the actual finger is there.
    DoctorTran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By DoctorTran
    @AURON570
    @DoctorTran: ah okay thanks dude. I don't remember that part, but it sounds familiar.
    No problem. It's been a -very- long time since I played AC1 but I seem to recall a
    Scene early on where Altaire gets his finger cut off for the fitting of the blade. Still... Kind of weird they backtracked on that in AC2. But it also makes the ultimate sense. How would anyone be able to gain access to absteego
    DoctorTran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By DoctorTran

Fucking iPhone. Anyway.

How would an assassin be able to effectively infiltrate Abstergo if they're missing a finger? Wouldn't that be a dead ringer? I suppose you could claim to be a double agent.

Soap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 29

#12  Edited By Soap
    @JoeyRavn said:
    " @Soap said:
    " It should be obvious, except in AC2 they backtracked on that by having da vinci rework the design so that you don't have to lose a finger, and suddenly, Lucy has all her fingers again! :D  "
    In fact, Lucy never loses her finger. It's just a gesture she makes with her hand, like the metal horns or a Buddhist mudra, but the actual finger is there. "
    Ahh kk, it's been a few years since I played that so I wasn't sure, plus it was a pretty quick shot and I wasn't ever 100% clear on it. Makes more sense that way I guess. 
    Azteck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By Azteck
    @Soap said:
    And they STILL chop off their fingers in Brotherhood. I was really confused about that.
    PillClinton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#14  Edited By PillClinton
    @Azteck said:
    " @Soap said:
    And they STILL chop off their fingers in Brotherhood. I was really confused about that. "
    yeah, what was with all that finger-burning-off stuff if they apparently had a workaround?
    Avatar image for deactivated-5b531a34b946c
    deactivated-5b531a34b946c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@100_Hertz said:

" @Azteck said:

" @Soap said:
    And they STILL chop off their fingers in Brotherhood. I was really confused about that. "
    yeah, what was with all that finger-burning-off stuff if they apparently had a workaround? "

It's to simulate the pain of having your finger removed without actually doing it. The Hidden Blade from the first game required the missing finger, but as technology progressed it wasn't necessary. Not to mention it's a dead giveaway for an Assassin to be missing a particular finger. Ezio manages to skip the induction ceremony in AC2 (but does he take it? I'm drawing a blank,) since he's on his own through most of the game. But the ceremony shows up constantly in Brotherhood, and I imagine they replaced the finger-chopping with finger-branding and left the rest of the ceremony in tact.

I dunno, I gobble stuff like this up. :) Your Assassins in Brotherhood still have their fingers. The burning clamps are just part of the induction, but not as permanent as Altair's lost finger.

Edit: I completely forgot about Leonardo's involvement with Ezio's Hidden Blade. It would still make sense for Ezio to continue the traditions of the Assassins as closely as possible, but substitute the sacrificing of a finger for a minor branding. 

l4wd0g

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#16  Edited By l4wd0g
    @100_Hertz said:
    " @Azteck said:
    " @Soap said:
    yeah, what was with all that finger-burning-off stuff if they apparently had a workaround? "
    I just thought they were being marked in someway. not losing the finger.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.