Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Asterix

Franchise »

Asterix is a popular french comic strip series which has many game tie-ins.

Ubisoft Acquire Asterix License

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Linkyshinks

No Caption Provided

Ubisoft announced that it will develop a video game based on the adventures of the legendary Asterix. This new title will be based on the original storyline of the famous series of comic strips, “The Adventures of Asterix.”

Gamers will be able to relive the adventures of Asterix and his band of invincible Gauls, taking the role of one of their favorite characters in 20 mini-games. Four different locations will be available: the village, the forest, the Roman camp, and the seaside, each counting five mini-games where players will need to protect their village from the Romans.
    Asterix will include a two player mode and is sure to be a hit with every fan of the beloved comic book hero.
    - Ubisoft PR

Created specifically for the NDS, the game will be released across EMEA territories in October 2009. Some fans like me will be disappointed that no 360 and PS3 games have been announced.

cdfishman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By cdfishman

ugh, another asterix mini game thing.

I love asterix, I just hoped someone could do it justice.
    Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3  Edited By Linkyshinks

This potentially great franchise has been **** on consistently, Ubisoft are the right people to take it on, but with a mini game based DS game first :/  It's pretty fucking lame, way too conservative, and a very bad idea given the fact the franchise has been in a terrible rut for so long. It really needs something excitingly fresh in design.

I want a action adventure on 360, not a crap test the water mini game, that very few fans will actually buy.  Most of the fanbase are adults, most kids today couldn't care less about this.

cdfishman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4  Edited By cdfishman

totally, i remember the best asterix game I played was on GBC, it was a simple side scroller where you collect things and beat up romans.... 

THATS ALL YOU NEED!

give it some decent graphics, make it open-worldy in gaul with plenty of fighting, and you have a winner

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.