Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Asteroids

Game » consists of 23 releases. Released November 1979

Atari's bestselling game of all time, Asteroids was one of the most influential releases of the Golden Age of Arcade Games. One of the first space shooters, it was the inspiration for many of the dual stick shooter games of the modern era, Geometry Wars chief among them.

Asteroids Movie Details

• 105 results
    buzz_clik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

#101  Edited By buzz_clik

The pitch sounds like Sunshine meets Zathura.

Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#102  Edited By Arkthemaniac

Hey, did you guys realize that asteroid is just steroid with an A in front, which usually implies "non"?

So asteroids are not steroids. There's a lesson there.
    swamplord666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#103  Edited By swamplord666

next, tetris the movie: the rise of the L block. this will be the struggle of freedom of the blocks against the reign of the L block. the square block, haunted by the deletion of the S block, will rise to the challenge against all odds and overthrow the L block.
    I can has movie now?

PositivelyGreg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#105  Edited By PositivelyGreg

I imagine this being the tale of two post-traumatic veterans of the Asteroid Battles, rehabilitating themselves in a shantytown colony and leaping out of their seat to blast apart anything that moves nearby, twitching furiously, spinning in one place, terrified to hit the thrusters in fear that they'll be unable to stop, peering suspiciously out the door wondering if they'll come back into the room from the other side.

"They say an asteroid man has three lives.  I'd give it all right now just to have one without the pain."

Then the government tells them they're needed again for one last suicide mission. To save Earth.

fynne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By fynne

Ummmm.....that's the most generic description of a new movie that I've ever heard.  If you remove all of the "space" words, it could be a TV family sitcom idea.

jim_dandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By jim_dandy

I'll pay to watch this move if they don't have sound in the vacuum of space. Otherwise, I'll acquire it through "non-traditional means".

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.