jb4gdi's Astro Boy: Omega Factor (Game Boy Advance) review

Avatar image for jb4gdi
  • jb4gdi wrote this review on .

Fantastic

While the sprites are gigantic and often lead to the game feeling extremely crowded and small, the gameplay is phenomenal and it retains the Treasure spirit. The shmup sections are a standout, and the brawling sections are quick and fun in their own right. It's also the first time I've ever seen the stage select screen matter, since the story is impacted by the order you play the levels.

Other reviews for Astro Boy: Omega Factor (Game Boy Advance)

A GBA Gem and a Treasure Chest for Tezuka fans. 0

Astro Boy for the GBA is a title I wish I'd had the sense to pick up when it had first come out. It would be nearly a decade before I'd gotten my hands on it, sitting in a bargain bin at an electronics store. In true lost toy fashion, I took it home curious and excited, I proceeded to open it.The game itself plays like a polished 2D action game. It switches from typical side-scrolling, platforming adventure to side-scrolling shooter. The game's smoothness of play is thanks to its development ped...