Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Asura's Wrath

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Feb 21, 2012

Asura's Wrath is an interactive anime action title that tells the tale of violent demigod Asura on a quest for vengeance against the cabal of gods that betrayed him.

Comparisons to TTGL

Darkstar614

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By Darkstar614

Forgive my ignorance and lack of effort to research, but what is with the alarming similarities in presentation to TTGL? From the bumpers to the "to be continued..." screen and all the over-the-top action it seems almost like the studio who made TTGL decided to make a game instead. Considering I don't really like anime these days, with a few exceptions, TTGL is one of the few I've watched in the past 5 or so years, this REALLY stood out to me.

Is there a link between these 2 things that I am missing? anyone got any info on that?

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By MikkaQ

Those are traits that apply to a lot of anime in general. Titles before and after commercial breaks and "to be continued" title cards are something I see in almost every anime. Over the top action is also in an overwhelmingly large amount of anime. In fact I don't think I've ever seen one that takes a subdued approach to action.

I also have no idea what TTGL is.

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By BabyChooChoo

Asura's Wrath is a 'tribute,' more or less, to over-the-top anime and TTGL happens to fit into that category. I highly doubt they have anything directly in common. The only reason I think people make this connection is because TTGL happened to gain quite the following in the West even though it's, by no means, the only batshit crazy anime to have come out in a while. Don't get me wrong, great show, I love it, etc etc, but there's no connection here.

dethfish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

#4  Edited By dethfish

I'd say their main similarity is their super over the top action. Their art style also seems a little similar but maybe that's a stretch. The box art for Asura's Wrath really reminds of TTGL though. The font looks similar and Asura looks like he might at any moment start screaming about how his fist is the fist that will pierce the heavens. I don't know of any actual connections though, other than they both come from Japan.

Nottle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Nottle

I'd say it is probably closest to DBZ, One Piece, Naruto, or Hakuto No Ken, series where the main characters get super powerful when they are angry and then use insane martial arts to defeat people. Gurren Lagann they use mechs powered by emotions. WAY different.

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @Nottle said:

I'd say it is probably closest to DBZ, One Piece, Naruto, or Hakuto No Ken, series where the main characters get super powerful when they are angry and then use insane martial arts to defeat people. Gurren Lagann they use mechs powered by emotions. WAY different.

Not DBZ. Cause Asura does not take 20 episodes to power up for a only 5 min battle. 
    Nottle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Nottle

@The_Laughing_Man said:

@Nottle said:

Not DBZ. Cause Asura does not take 20 episodes to power up for a only 5 min battle.

Dragon Ball Kai or just Dragon Ball then.

cannonballbam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By cannonballbam

@Darkstar614: When I saw this caption, I honestly thought you were speaking to the overall plot as they do share some similarities after you finish the DLC. To be honest, everything nowadays feels like some direct tribute to another piece of fiction. Where would we be if Sergio Leone or George Lucas hadn't been introduced to Akira Kurosawa? It honestly is when someone takes a bunch of ideas and creates a hybrid that we find something new and fun. All popular media takes from some other form of entertainment or shares some direct influence. The end of ACT 4; Chapter 4, has a major transparency to the conclusion of TTGL, Good eyes :)

Darkstar614

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

#9  Edited By Darkstar614

@cannonballBAM: Yeah I was going to mention that, but I didn't want to go throwing out spoilers. But it is definitely a weird tribute.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.