Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Asura's Wrath

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Feb 21, 2012

Asura's Wrath is an interactive anime action title that tells the tale of violent demigod Asura on a quest for vengeance against the cabal of gods that betrayed him.

I'm still not sure about this...

vigorousjammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 41

#1  Edited By vigorousjammer

it looks really cool, but if the game really is entirely QTE, wouldn't I rather just watch a movie?

Heavy Rain was cool, cause it had some stuff to break up the QTE gameplay, and it had different choices.
    Dragon's Lair was cool because it had multiple paths, and different levels.

but the director of Asura's Wrath has gone on to say that his game doesn't have the freedom of other games nowadays, and everything that happens is simply for the progression of the story.

I dunno, if there's only one path through the game, and you're just pressing buttons on top of this big movie sequence, then I'd rather it just be a movie.

daftdethmonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By daftdethmonkey

There hasn't really been that much info put out about it just yet so it's probably too early to judge.
    That said, from what we've seen the game just looks too overly dramatic and self-serious for me.

Zippedbinders

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

#3  Edited By Zippedbinders

http://www.gamespot.com/events/captivate11/story.html?sid=6308314&tag=picks;story;9&pid=605974

"Once the trailer finished up, Tsuchiya and company dove into showing off what the game looks like in motion via a short gameplay clip and an actual live demo. The clip showed a mix of more conventional third-person action gameplay that highlighted the game’s mix of science fiction and mythology more clearly. Tech-looking airships and troop pods were on display, along with assorted enemies. Asura stomped his enemies with his bare hands and used whatever was lying around. We also caught that besides beating foes with his bare hands, air jumps, and grabs, Asura was also able to use ranged gunfirelike shots from one of his arms to shoot enemies from a distance."

Much as I love Jeff, he didn't seem to do a terribly good job at talking about this game, maybe he missed this whole part of the demonstration?

ImmortalSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

#4  Edited By ImmortalSaiyan

It could be good. I just hope the QTE stuff is kept to a minumum.
    Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @Vigorousjammer said:
    " it looks really cool, but if the game really is entirely QTE, wouldn't I rather just watch a movie?Heavy Rain was cool, cause it had some stuff to break up the QTE gameplay, and it had different choices.Dragon's Lair was cool because it had multiple paths, and different levels.but the director of Asura's Wrath has gone on to say that his game doesn't have the freedom of other games nowadays, and everything that happens is simply for the progression of the story.I dunno, if there's only one path through the game, and you're just pressing buttons on top of this big movie sequence, then I'd rather it just be a movie. "
    From what you said it does not sound like it will be just a movie. Maybe he just means there is no super open world. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.