Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Asura's Wrath

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Feb 21, 2012

Asura's Wrath is an interactive anime action title that tells the tale of violent demigod Asura on a quest for vengeance against the cabal of gods that betrayed him.

Just finished Asura's Wrath (Spoilers)

Pierre42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

So I had a free morning and figured I would finish this game from long in my backlog while my little brother watched. Had the DLC from a long while and went to play the Street Fighter stuff but never actually went on to finish the game.

Replayed the final non-DLC episode to refresh myself then went on an amazing intense ride through one of the best ending sequences I've seen. There's few games I remember that make me actively very sad to have finished them entirely but the end game of Asura's Wrath leaves me sorely wanting more.

The Yasha stuff in the finale is just heartbreakingly wonderful, even if he only got to fight some mooks, the follow up fight to end the rivalry was just amazing.

They also did some amazingly tricky things with the UI at the end. When Chakravartin offers you the chance to rule at the end and you get the option to "extend arm" I was actively holding back. I wanted to see if anything could happen, I didn't want to make peace. Sure enough the outcome of extending my hand was as satisfying as I could have hoped.

I was a little disappointed I never got to see the full extent of the cutscenes in battle. The attack where the Creator stops time and goes to combo the crap out of you I always kept dropping at one point of it which had it's own reward in a way as he would quite hilariously teleport beside me and laugh but that's my own weakness I guess.

One criticism I guess I'd have is a lot of the end seemed to be hopping around just building power before going unlimited and unleashing a string of Strong attacks on the boss. It always felt like i was doing it a bit wrong in the end but eh it was great anyway.

The little post-credit scene where everyone was reincarnated was a nice touch as well. It's such a shame it wraps up so neatly I doubt we'll ever see another one again. Best I think we can hope for is Asura for an Marvel VS Capcom game or something similar.

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

I beat it in two back to back sittings. And goddamn this game is an awesome ride. It is really amazingly paced for how insanely it ramps up as well. On the absurdity rollercoaster scale it is only rivaled by the time I watched all of TTGL in one day. A real gem for sure.

hermes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Yes, the way it (truly) ends and the fact it didn't set the world on fire (saleswise) makes it hard that it would be a new game on the series.

At least it make me pay more attention to CyberConnect 2, which ended up biting me when Jojo turned up to be a huuuuuuge disappointment.

Still, Asura's Wrath is awesome and more people should play it. Given its format its really easy to compartmentalize the sessions.

Ravelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Ravelle

I'm still hoping for a PS4 complete enhanced edition of some sort.

As for CC2's JoJo game, they should have kept to the Naruto formula. All Flash with a pretty basic yet deep enough fighting system that kept it fun. It was neither a good JoJo game nor a good Fighting game, sadly. The new one looks to be more in the right direction though.

Getz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

What a fantastic spectacle this game was. Kinda cheesey the way they put the ending behind a paywall though.

vikingdeath1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reading your post makes me want to go play that game again. I remember LOVING the ending, and the stuff where you play as that other guy (I guess his name is "Yasha" as you said? Oh jeez I can't remember) I remember being pretty satisfying as well.

Shit man, Is this game on Playstation Now? It'll give me a reason to try out that service.

Hope I don't break any controllers by mashing buttons too hard this time though...

Pierre42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vikingdeath1:

Yeah Yasha was an absolutely amazing character. While he played functionally the same as Asura, the style applied to his character and the spectacle of a full-blown anime rival just made him super appealing

Plus dat theme:

Loading Video...

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

I'm pretty sure they announced Asura's Wrath 2 at some point...

And yeah, that game is fucking incredible. Part 12 is still one of the highlights of all video games in my book, just so fucking epic and cool.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.