Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Asura's Wrath

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Feb 21, 2012

Asura's Wrath is an interactive anime action title that tells the tale of violent demigod Asura on a quest for vengeance against the cabal of gods that betrayed him.

Youtube it.

Questionable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Questionable

Youtube it.This was the first thought that crossed my mind after the quicklook

Every time something awesome happens you get a frozen frame interlude shoved down your throat and when you could have been well into the next story segment you are instead being shown a "preview" of the next 5 minutes. The constant cliffhanger style interludes are especially agravating

What the quicklook shows of teh combat is nothing compared to the later levels. the combat is very limited and repetitive and for 90% of the sequences the enemies have either infinite HP or infinite respawns. This only serves to artificially lengthen the game while you are quite literally "grinding" out the burst meter.

The surprising thing is this game actually appears too feature too few button prompts. Big moves that could have easily been expanded into a QTE sequence are simplified into "press square" adding insult to injury the timers are huge taking any feeling of accomplishment out of the gameplay. Indigo prophecy in contrast had QTE's that were in sync with the on-screen action and was challenging enough to add the feeling of having survived a challenge (every button press actually meant a hit, a blow or a jump).

If i was James Gallagher i would:

• Change to more involved QTE's, the movies contain a TON of action so why am i only participating once every 4-7 seconds?!?
    • The combat is obviously the weak point so dont make it the main 2nd most used gameplay element!, Add in more minigames.
    • Make the Burst a reward instead of a requirement. Infinite health\respawn enemies are a crime against gaming. give the player incentive to perform well rather than forcing them to grind to the next cut scene

It is a shame, i was willing to give Asura's wrath allot of slack for daring to be different. but to see so many downright bad gameplay design choices stacked on-top of each other within such a limited format is just painful.

Enigma777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By Enigma777

What?

Catarrhal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Catarrhal

@Questionable said:

If i was James Gallagher i would…

Pardon my ignorance, but who the @#$% is James Gallagher?

Avatar image for spilledmilkfactory
    spilledmilkfactory

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 75

User Lists: 23

Pummeling enemies to build the burst meter up is no different than pummeling enemies to grind their health bar down, in my book.

CaptainCody

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By CaptainCody

@spilledmilkfactory said:

Pummeling enemies to build the burst meter up is no different than pummeling enemies to grind their health bar down, in my book.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By xyzygy

Nah. The game looks amazing and I'd rather experience it firsthand. God I cannot wait to play this.

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
    MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By MariachiMacabre

Or, you know, I could get it from Gamefly. Decide firsthand whether it's fun.

@spilledmilkfactory said:

And this is true.

TentPole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By TentPole

This is a great game.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#9  Edited By Hailinel

@xyzygy said:

Nah. The game looks amazing and I'd rather experience it firsthand. God I cannot wait to play this.

Bought it, played up through chapter seven in one night, love the hell out of it. A beautiful, brilliant mixture of action, quick-time events and cinematics with great characters and an unbelievable amount of heart. This game is amazing.

ahgunsillyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#10  Edited By ahgunsillyo

No.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#11  Edited By StarvingGamer

@Catarrhal said:

@Questionable said:

If i was James Gallagher i would…

Pardon my ignorance, but who the @#$% is James Gallagher?

He's one of the swim teams' head coaches where I work....?

bunnymud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By bunnymud

fun game makes me mad

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.