Atari 50: The Anniversary Celebration is a classic game compilation developed by Digital Eclipse and published by Atari for the PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch, Atari VCS, and PC on November 11, 2022.
Created to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the original Atari game company, Atari 50 contains emulation of 25 of Atari's arcade games, as well as emulation of 70 of their games from across six of their game consoles (Atari 2600, Atari 5200, Atari 7800, Atari Lynx, Atari 800, and Atari Jaguar), a digitized recreation of the 1979 handheld game Touch Me, an A800 homebrew game, and six new games developed by Digital Eclipse.
It also features an interactive timeline that details the history of Atari and their products, with bonus content and exclusive video features.
When choosing a game using the various sorting options, players have the choice to learn more information about each game, with some information about the game itself, behind the scenes info, videos, and more.
Each of these games were developed by Digital Eclipse themselves.
- Haunted Houses - A 3D third-person survivor-horror game based on Haunted House.
- Neo Breakout - A tribute to the Breakout series. Along with the stage-based "Breakout" mode, it also includes a head-to-head mode, known as "Battle Breakout".
- Quadratank - A four-player re-imagining of the 1974 arcade game Tank (as well as the "Tank" part of Combat), with a variety of game modes, terrain, and weapon power-ups.
- Swordquest: AirWorld - The lost fourth game in the Swordquest quadrilogy, based on design concepts from series creator Tod Frye and done in the style of the original games.
- Yars' Revenge Enhanced - A high-definition version of Yars' Revenge with modern visuals and soundtrack, which can be toggled on-the-fly.
- Bounty Bob Strikes Back! (1984)
- Caverns of Mars (1981)
- Food Fight (1989)
- Miner 2049er (1982)
- Yoomp! (2007, homebrew)
|PC Minimum||PC Recommended|
- Operating System: Windows 10 (64-bit Required)
- Processor: Intel i3 @ 3.0GHz or AMD equivalent.
- Memory: 8 GB RAM
- Graphics: ATI Radeon HD 4800 Series, Nvidia GeForce 8800GT or greater
- Storage: 8 GB available space