Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Atari

Company »

Atari, Inc. was a video game and home computer company founded in 1972 by Ted Dabney and Nolan Bushnell. It is considered by most to be responsible for the birth of the video games industry as a whole, introducing video games in the home and arcades.

What's the deal with recent Atari published downloadable games?

louiedog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By louiedog
    Ghostbusters: Sanctum of Slime
    Yar's Revenge
    Star Raiders
    Dungeons & Dragons: Daggerdale

Atari has published those four games on XBLA, PC, and PSN (well, they were supposed to) in the last two months. Despite being developed by four different studios, every one has been extremely underwhelming. I haven't had a chance to play around with Yar's Revenge yet, although a friend assures me it's not very good, but the other three have all felt half-realized, poorly executed, and rushed.

Those are four existing IPs that had real potential and it was squandered. It can't be coincidence that Atari published all four. Either they pushed for the games to be released before they were ready or just didn't care about publishing good games. If I see that Atari is publishing a game on a download service, I probably won't even bother with the demo anymore. Am I alone in thinking this, or does anyone else feel the same way?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.