Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Atom Zombie Smasher

Game » consists of 2 releases. Released Jan 23, 2011

A strategy game with tower defense elements that tasks players with saving a country from a zombie apocalypse.

Holy christ is this game addictive

Driadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

#1  Edited By Driadon

So, I'm cruising around on the Steam store. Just minding my own business, when all of a sudden a ZOMBIE DEMO ATTACKS! (The demo being about zombies, not a ressurected dem...oh nevermind) 
    Anyway, if you've ever tried out Blendo's other great recent title you'll know what you're in store for: Strategy with crazy saturday-morning-for-adults style. The game itself plays as if someone took the zombie infection simulator and mashed it with a mix of tower defense and, well, uniqueness. It's very hard to really describe it unless you've at least played the demo for yourself. 

So, GET GOING! 

Edit: after playing the full version I can now say that this is very much in the vein of Flotilla; you have randomized conditions, cities, mercs acquired, resulting consequences, ect.  It's kinda crazy.

KnifeySpoony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By KnifeySpoony

Oh it's by Mr. Flotilla, well then. 

I think I should just play more flotilla.

Skald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By Skald

Might get this at some point. Certainly seems interesting.

teh_destroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By teh_destroyer

Its on sale right now, wish the duders would do a ql on it or something.

MikeLemmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By MikeLemmer
    @KnifeySpoony said:
    " Oh it's by Mr. Flotilla, well then.  I think I should just play more flotilla. "
    The gameplay styles are very different. While Flotilla was a methodical game of maneuvering, this is a tense game of holding out "just long enough" where a single mistake can unravel all your preparation. Luckily that preparation only takes a few minutes, but it still provides bite-sized nail-biting. Atom Zombie Smasher hooks me in a way Flotilla didn't; the improved sense of absurd humor doesn't hurt, either.
    KnifeySpoony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By KnifeySpoony
    @MikeLemmer said:
    " @KnifeySpoony said:
    " Oh it's by Mr. Flotilla, well then.  I think I should just play more flotilla. "
    The gameplay styles are very different. While Flotilla was a methodical game of maneuvering, this is a tense game of holding out "just long enough" where a single mistake can unravel all your preparation. Luckily that preparation only takes a few minutes, but it still provides bite-sized nail-biting. Atom Zombie Smasher hooks me in a way Flotilla didn't; the improved sense of absurd humor doesn't hurt, either. "
    Indeed it certainly is much different from the looks/sound of it. It was just a joking way to my pal Driadon of saying I didn't have the money for it at the time. Though I did mean to download the demo and try it, so thanks for reminding me!
    JakeLogan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By JakeLogan

I second that motion. 

I've gotten more satisfaction form this game than a fair chunk of "fully fledged" games.  Each map feels like a devillish puzzle, where the solution boils down to "How badly can I fuck those Zed up?" 

The best ones are when you pull a gimp hand with the mercs and go in over your head (Barricade, mines, snipers, bait......really?) 

One of the few games where, after finishing one campaign, I was immediately ready for Round 2. 

This game rocks hard and doesn't stop :)
    ahab88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By ahab88

You should all probably do yourself a favor and go to the Blendo Games site and download Gravity Bone. It's a free download and will probably take about 20 minutes to play. Amazing stuff.

and333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#9  Edited By and333

I so hope the giantbomb crew does a quick look lets unit and tell them about this great game. I mean they did do flotilla.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.