Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Audiosurf 2

Game » consists of 1 releases. Released 2013

The sequel to Audiosurf, formerly known as Audiosurf Air.

Audiosurf 2 Early Access starts Oct 2nd on Steam!

Forcen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 31

The first game was one of the first game's i bought on Steam and played lots of it. I hear it has Soundcloud support this time around.

Are you gonna buy it or wait? What is the proper price?

Here is a trailer of it:

Here is Alex and Jeff's impressions of it from Pax. http://youtu.be/v7tVONHF6WA?t=11m56s

chiablo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Ugh, this looks terrible. Lets fill the screen with so many blinding effects that the player can't see what is coming up in the lane. Don't forget to add huge stunts where the player is doing absolutely nothing for seconds at a time.

I would have preferred if they just made Audio Surf again, but with more systems that let you feel like the notes you were hitting were more in-tune with the music. This trailer seems to imply they've done this, the notes are intelligently placed instead of randomly like the last audio surf.

Codeacious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Codeacious

I haven't bought any Early Access games yet, but I'm buying the SHIT out of this.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Awww yeah

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@chiablo said:

Ugh, this looks terrible. Lets fill the screen with so many blinding effects that the player can't see what is coming up in the lane. Don't forget to add huge stunts where the player is doing absolutely nothing for seconds at a time.

I would have preferred if they just made Audio Surf again, but with more systems that let you feel like the notes you were hitting were more in-tune with the music. This trailer seems to imply they've done this, the notes are intelligently placed instead of randomly like the last audio surf.

I'm willing to bet you whatever the price for early access is gonna be that all those "blinding" effects can be turned down.
    Kinda like how they could be turned on in the first one.

Hell, I'll even bet you my house and car

SMTDante89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

I logged in over 140 hours in Audiosurf, so yeah I'm pretty excited for Audiosurf 2.

Hamst3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 2

Early Access has begun!

Loading Video...

EarlessShrimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Why does it have to happen on one of my busiest days?!

Immunity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@chiablo said:

Don't forget to add huge stunts where the player is doing absolutely nothing for seconds at a time.

In the video it looks like the player is doing some kind of combo while in the air. It certainly doesn't look like the player is doing nothing. If that were the case then yeah that would be really dumb, but it doesn't look that way to me.

Ben_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Oh snap Mac and Linux support. Will buy this solely because of that. I currently run the original Audiosurf in a VM on my Mac when I want to play it.

Yet another nail in the coffin for Windows for me. Only a few games left that make me want to keep a Windows install. The sooner I can move my desktop over to only having Linux, the better.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By csl316

Turns out I just want to play mono mode forever in these games.

But I like the fact that as soon as I launched the game I see:

"He’s surfing and jumps up and he does sick f—-ing tricks and you’re listening to your music and it’s bwooowww bwah bwah bwah bwooww!"

- Jeff Gerstmann, GiantBomb.com

gike987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@csl316 said:

My laptop doesn't have a mouse wheel. Guess I'm stuck in training forever. Well, this is a buzzkill.

But I like the fact that as soon as I launched the game I see:

"He’s surfing and jumps up and he does sick f—-ing tricks and you’re listening to your music and it’s bwooowww bwah bwah bwah bwooww!"

- Jeff Gerstmann, GiantBomb.com

3 is backflip. (1 to 4 are trick if you don't want to use the mouse).

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gike987: Indeed, I just got that tooltip when I restarted the song.

Anyway, early impressions are that I'm not immediately enjoying it as much as the first. Mainly because the interface is still a work in progress and the aesthetic is different (yeah, it's a dumb reason). But we'll see what happens.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.