Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Audiosurf

Game » consists of 2 releases. Released Feb 15, 2008

Audiosurf is a block-matching game that generates levels based on the rhythm and tempo of songs that the player loads from their hard drive.

Not exactly innovative, but fun nonetheless

dillonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By dillonator

The major draw of placing your own tunes into a game and have it become a generated track is quite sweet though.  I was surprised just how easy this was to play when I downloaded it.     

jinxman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By jinxman

how is it not innovative?  Have you ever played a game quite like this?  Cause I haven't, and I love every minute of this game.

Terra1909

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Terra1909

Wasn't there some rabbit game for the PlayStation that had levels generated from your own music CDs? I don't think it got a North American release.

This game is still innovative though.

spacetrucking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By spacetrucking

There have been rhythm games which utilize your own music before but the unique thing about Audiosurf is the puzzle element. Its not just a rhythm game, its also a really challenging puzzle game which is something most people don't realize. Trying to match all those blocks together at high speed is as much as fun as Tetris. I know its a bold statement but I really do think Audiosurf is an outstanding puzzle game. Too bad most reviewers or players don't take up on this point.

Zaerus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Zaerus

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.