Follow

Axiom Verge

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Mar 31, 2015

A sidescrolling action-adventure that takes inspiration from Super Metroid and other "Metroidvania" games. The player controls Trace, a scientist who finds himself in a strange and hostile world.

Boss Battle Woes {Spoilers within}

Some-human

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Some-human

I've really been enjoying this game, it has everything I like in terms of hidden areas, collectables and stuff but I've just reached the point where I have to take on Ukhu and I'm finding it so hard. I've had around 25 attempts at it in total over the day. It's really taking my enjoyment out of the game. I usually like a challenge and look forward to the feeling of satisfaction when I finally beat it (such as other sections in this game or other games like Dark Souls). I've just gotta know, Is this boss hard for everyone else, am I doing something wrong or do I just suck at this game?

I'm using the green spread lazer on it and then when it spawns the minions i'm switching to the blue homing laser to take those out.

JohnnyAutoFire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

The boss difficulty ramps up a little bit around this point of the game. I had the best luck with the Lightning Gun, since it takes care of those little bees it shoots out pretty quickly. Just as long as you remember to dodge his thrust attack, this weapon makes it pretty easy. Good luck!

kid_gloves

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Yeah I died on him like 5 times in a row getting nowhere, then utterly destroyed him on my last try. I was using the same weapon as you but then just fully switched to the lightning gun and just kept jumping at him which caused him to retreat a lot more.

Shaneman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

If you hit the little wasp things with the Address Disruptor, it makes them explode when you kill them. They'll slowly float up, and when the Big Bad opens it's mouth, shoot them. They explode, doing a ton of damage.

Otherwise, I used the Voranj (The green laser spready gun) for most part.

Some-human

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

This is how the last few attempts have gone. I'm about ready to give up and move on to something else. I was loving this game up until this point.

Avatar image for fear_the_booboo
    Fear_the_Booboo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By Fear_the_Booboo

@shaneman: Holy shit I always forget to use the adress disruptor... I should do that.

My tip is to maybe go near him as it makes him back up, and then get a safe distance from his trust attacks. It's hard to explain, but you kinda have to do a back and fort with so you're never stuck in a corner. All his other attacks are easy to dodge. I had a hard time killing him too, but when I got him I had more than half of my health left.

Some-human

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Some-human

Finally done it! Thanks for the tips duders

Rush_shirt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spam Shards at both the boss and the adds. You might take some hits from the adds, but the health they drop will make up for it.

You should be firing in the air as he spits his goop at you. Then, back up so that his follow-up sting doesn't hit you. Push forward so that you don't end up cornered

roars5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By roars5000

@lanerobertlane: Don't feel bad about this at all. I had been rolling along just fine until I got to the Ukhu variant and, man, did that boss battle suck. I spent several attempts over the past two days trying to beat it before I claimed victory this morning. I would guess the multiple attempts probably added an additional hour or so to my play time. I used a combination of the default blaster, the crazy green lightning gun, and the short electroblast shotgun thing, along with the address bombs to deal with the tiny purple insects he sends out. That guy was a bear.

CapnThrash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By CapnThrash

this was the hardest boss in the game for me. but its worth it.
    If you're still struggling, take time to explore the map and get some health/weapon upgrades

EvoHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@shaneman: Ho-lee shit. I used your tip with the disruptor bombs and lured him into it and it only took three exploding bugs and a few hits from the Voranj to take him out. He went from barely angered in his color scheme to dead. Thank you so, so much.

Sdoots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 7

#12  Edited By Sdoots

Going forward, remember to disrupt ALL the addresses.

Also, If you're playing on a controller, you can map two weapons to the sticks. I like to have Voranj on L3 and...ugh, it's been too long, I can't remember what my R3 was. Point is, it drastically cut down on my time in menus and allowed me to use strategies in combat I otherwise wouldn't have even attempted.

Preemptive tip for the final fight: NEVER STOP DASHING.

NeverGameOver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#13  Edited By NeverGameOver

@lanerobertlane: Yes, I had a ton of trouble with him as well. I don't think I died more than once on any other boss in the game, but he took me something like 10-15 tries.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.