Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Back to the Future: The Game - Episode 2: Get Tannen!

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Feb 16, 2011

The second episode of Telltale's new Back to the Future series. After hastily rescuing Doc Brown from 1931 and finding himself fading from history, Marty McFly must correct the timeline and preserve his own future.

Just Finished Ep II. (Spoilers Present)

alkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By alkie

Just shot through Ep II this morning. 

I was hoping that there would be more to explore, but instead we were pidgeon holed into the same town square, same time period, etc.

That said, it looks like Ep III goes into an alternate future so that will hopefully satisify that desired setting change.

I quite enjoyed it, its a bit TOO simple - but ive taken the viewpoint that its more of an interactive story than a "game" as such, which is allowing me to get more out of it than I otherwise would I think.

zidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 24

#2  Edited By zidd

Have you ever seen a back to the future movie before? ALL THREE of them take place in the town square.

Davvyk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 19

#3  Edited By Davvyk

I kinda agree i was a bit disappointed by it all being set in the same area as ep 1 but episode 3 looks brilliant! Really really messed up alternative reality. Loving this series so far and would honestly say its up there with Telltales best.

linkster7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By linkster7

This is out?!

Runs over to steam

Too bad about the same area though, kinda wished for somewhere or sometime else.

zagzagovich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By zagzagovich

Yeah. I was a bit bummed at first but they did a really good job of making a tight space for the story. I never got stuck or had to use hints so the momentum never stopped. New stuff looks crazy though.

Avatar image for bjorntheunicorn
    BjornTheUnicorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By BjornTheUnicorn

Episode 3: Jesus Christ! 
    I though episode 2 was much better, and I felt smart when I did the puzzles as opposed to  "I clicked things in the right order"

ds8k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By ds8k

I haven't been too impressed by the game, but I absolutely enjoy the atmosphere. The game just gives off this great feeling of nostalgia and truly brings me back to being a kid and watching the movies for the first time. The guy playing Marty is amazing. I'm beyond happy that they found him. 

Can't wait for Episode 3. Hopefully the puzzles will get a bit more challenging.

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#8  Edited By JJWeatherman

Yeah, it focused on the same time period for the majority of the game, but it still worked. I'm really looking forward to sinister future Doc.

Avatar image for deactivated-987696
    deactivated-987696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Looking fwd to next episode, they're too short... A quality vs quantity thing I guess...

jeanluc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 13

#10  Edited By jeanluc  Staff

yeah I'm looking forward to crazy messed up future, but you that Marty is going to have to go back to 1930 to fix it since thats where it starts.

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#11  Edited By MrKlorox

You mean crazy messed up present, right? Doesn't it take place in 1985? The future tech is supposed to be because Emmett got into full on science earlier than he originally had.

And yeah of course you gotta go back to 1930s and make him go see Frankenstein or something like that and dump that puritan Edna.

I would have rather done some more paradox avoiding with the other Marty, but they're probably saving that for OUTATIME.

randiolo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#12  Edited By randiolo

yea going through the same era again was a bit tedious and the Einstein mechanic for sniffing out people is getting played out already. Still looking forward to the next episode, looks totally different to what we have ever seen for back to the future.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.