Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Baja: Edge of Control

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Sep 22, 2008

For the first time, THQ and 2XL Games bring you the agressive, down and dirty racing in Baja: Edge of Control to your living room.

Where's the Easy difficulty?

Avatar image for vibratingdonkey
    vibratingdonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By vibratingdonkey

Seresly, the "Easy" difficulty is a lie. The choice is more like Very Hard and Really Hard. You're getting your ass handed to you from the get go here. The learning curve is about as steep as a wall.  I'm at the first class, after ~7 races, placing around 6th on average., and I'm about to call quits on Career Mode. Repeating the same tracks whilst consistantly placing amongst the final four and getting no reward is not my idea of fun. Figure I'll just put in the cheat codes and mess around in free ride etc. instead.

I sort of like the physics system of the game, it feels solid and rather detailed, but the erratic nature of it makes it nearly impossible to keep the vehicle on the track, so you'll be going off it quite a bit. I would've been fine with this sense of unpredictability, it kind of makes the game feel different, but it just doesn't jive with the AI leaving you in the dust.

Would it have been so difficult to offer a third, actual, easy difficulty? I have no idea why a developer would want to keep people from enjoying their game.

Also, do these vehicles really have such shitty traction on asphalt? Feels like I'm controlling an elephant on rollerskates.

Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#2  Edited By Vinchenzo

Why are you playing Baja anyway.

Avatar image for vibratingdonkey
    vibratingdonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#3  Edited By vibratingdonkey

Because I like the physics and the open environments. These same people helped develop Motocross Madness, it's sort of like that. You drive around like a maniac, look for jumps and then drive off of them. Motocross Madness had way more awesome level borders though. Here there's just plain invisible walls, which is ridiculous in this day and age, and also stupid and annoying. In MM you were launched hundreds of feet into the air, but in this game everything has to be "realistic" and boring.

schizogony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By schizogony

Some tips for making the AI less mean is to upgrade EVERYTHING on your vehicles EXCEPT engine stuff. What this (supposedly) does is keep the AI leveled to your engine level but you have better suspension, tires, exhaust, etc. 

I tried this and it kinda did seem to work. The only problem was I really wanted to upgrade my engine. The problem with that is that the AI's engine will level up as well, and they beat me.

My advice: practice and get better. The later stages require absolutely perfection from the player.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.