Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Sep 21, 2000

Take hold of your destiny as you journey across mysterious lands, encounter many magical creatures and meet many memorable characters in a large fantasy world.

Baldur's Gate 2: EE Multiplayer Extravaganza Invitation

Avatar image for do_the_manta_ray
    Do_The_Manta_Ray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Do_The_Manta_Ray

Have you played Baldur's Gate 2? If you haven't, you're scum. I don't care what excuses you make, you're dirty low-riding scum! Alright, maybe I'm being unfair here.. Maybe you're just young, or didn't get into games until you reached a certain age, or you didn't own a PC, or maybe someone lead you astray. What we can all agree on is that I should cool down.

What I'm getting at here is that Baldur's Gate 2 is a hell of a game. I'd go as far as to say that it might be the single, best game ever made. Certainly the best RPG, with "Planescape: Torment" edging into a close second.

A while back, Beamdog industries re-released the game, with some additional content slapped on, modernized the UI to a degree and referred to it as an "Enhanced Edition" of the original game. It turns out that this version of the game was pretty damn great, and served to propell me to sink even more hours into replaying it yet again.

I even went as far as to create a multiplayer scenario with a couple of friends, each playing their own hero. It was a ton of fun, discussing tactics, equipment, riddles, moral decisions and so on as we went on. But unfortunately, we weren't able to continue regularly as real-life concerns interceded.

Recently, I've developed the urge to replay the game in the same fashion, with a couple of duders, each controlling their own hero. A bunch of folks discussing and working together to get through this incredibly intricate world.

What I mean to do is run a campaign on hard difficulty, with one person controlling each party member (except for maybe Minsc, because come on.) Folks would create their own character, preferably in accordance with what the party overall needs, and we'd convene on times we'd all agree on to play. The EE allows us to continue playing without everyone present, so it'd by no means be obligatory to attend. Would just be fun.

As such, if anyone is interesting in joining up, write a little something in this here thread, say what kind of character you'd be interested in playing, and when you reckon you'd be able to play. Timezones would go a long way to simplifying management for me. Depending on how many folks are interested, I might just invite a bunch to join my main party, or delegate to ensure multiple ones take place.

I also have an interest in streaming these sessions over twitch, etc, as I think that could be a lot of fun to experiment with. I frankly doubt this'll get a lot of attention, but if it does, that could a really cool thing to share with the community.

-----------------------------------

So, what I'm ultimately getting at here is; who'd like to join me and friends in a multiplayer session where we replay Baldur's Gate 2?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.