Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Baldur's Gate

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Dec 21, 1998

Bioware's first RPG, you must assemble a party of adventurers and investigate the mystery of the iron crisis and a darker threat that looms in the city of Baldur's Gate.

Can't identify items despite having the spell?

therealnelsk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By therealnelsk

Hi folks,

So I'm playing through Baldur's Gate for the first time now that the Enhanced Edition is out (I know some old school fans are pissed off at this edition, I'm willing to pay to just have it ready for me in the best way possible). Anyways, I just recruited Neera in Beregost, and she definitely has the identify spell. I've memorized it, rested, but still can't identify my items. What am I doing wrong here? The identify by spell option is greyed out.

ThePencil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By ThePencil

I'll throw out a couple of suggestions (Haven't played the EE yet: But I've been a playing BG2 SOA&TOB for the last 8 years)

-Remove the npc's armor: Most casters cant use their spells in armor:only robes

-Make sure you are right clicking on the item in your inventory screen and selecting identify there: not from the quickslot/spell tab on the main combat screen

therealnelsk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By therealnelsk

@ThePencil said:

I'll throw out a couple of suggestions (Haven't played the EE yet: But I've been a playing BG2 SOA&TOB for the last 8 years)

-Remove the npc's armor: Most casters cant use their spells in armor:only robes

-Make sure you are right clicking on the item in your inventory screen and selecting identify there: not from the quickslot/spell tab on the main combat screen

Haven't touched her armor, she's in the robes she came with (4/4 hp too...crazy fragile). I'm also trying to identify from the inventory screen. No such luck, I've just stashed everything I've gotten until I can figure this out.

ThePencil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By ThePencil

@M3RPHY: Thats...kinda crazy weird. I had a brief look over at http://forum.baldursgate.com/categories about it (like i said, I dont have the EE yet) but I've no idea if this is a bug (Neera's one of the new NPC's yeah?) or some updated feature/rule/limitation. Might go buy it just now to have a look into it a wee bit further

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.