Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Baldur's Gate

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Dec 21, 1998

Bioware's first RPG, you must assemble a party of adventurers and investigate the mystery of the iron crisis and a darker threat that looms in the city of Baldur's Gate.

I have no goddamn clue what any of this means.

bwheeeler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By bwheeeler

There are beginner's posts for Baldur's Gate on the board already, but the advice there seems to assume some level of familiarity with D&D, saying things like "Well, if you want to be a tank, spec out your DEX, because it buffs your THAC0."

I have no fucking clue what those words are.

I played Boogerman growing up because nothing seemed cooler than a video game called Boogerman and my friends agreed. I'm older now, and I just want to play Baldur's Gate.

I know the Enhanced Edition is coming out, but I have the GoG version sitting on my hard drive, waiting for me to play it RIGHT THE HELL NOW. Is there a guide out there for people who are absolute beginners, going step-by-step through the most basic of concepts? I want to get into these old-ass RPGs, I really do, but they all feel so impenetrable.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#2  Edited By ArbitraryWater

Yes. There is, in fact, a great guide on GameFAQs that gives a fairly comprehensive introduction to 2nd Edition Dungeons and Dragons rules.

My basic primer: Having a low THAC0 and Armor Class is good.

bwheeeler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By bwheeeler

Awesome. Thanks so much.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.