Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Nov 11, 2008

Nuts & Bolts takes the platformer series in a wild new direction, as Banjo and Kazooie return to battle Gruntilda using unique, player-customized vehicles.

The patch is up, so stop complaining.

RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By RHCPfan24
    1up reports that the Banjo Kazooie:  Nuts & Bolts patch is up, fixing the tiny text for SD-TV owners. So, if you haven't bought Banjo yet worrying about not being able to read the objectives and such, no you have no excuses not to. It is an awesome game.
    Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Arkthemaniac

I can complain all I want.

Gameboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Gameboi

Now this is more like it. If only every developer would include this from the start...

RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By RHCPfan24
    Arkthemaniac said:
    "I can complain all I want."
    Only you Ark.
    Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Arkthemaniac

OMG A TAKKING BEAR WITH SOME DUM BIRD AND WTF TEH VEHICEL CREATION OMG PHAAAAAIILOOOOOOOOOOO!

Thrawn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Thrawn1

Yeah the patch is up, I got it last night. However, the words are slightly too big now. Instead of an entire sentence being displayed within the box, because of how big the font is the sentence overflows, only part of the sentences can be displayed at once meaning the text will have to scroll up. This wouldn't be a problem, except that it takes way too long for the text to scroll, and there's no button (that i've found) to scroll manually. Also, once it scrolls, only one or two words are revealed.

It's still better than how it was before, so +1 to Rare for fixing it, but it seems like they spent too little time fixing the problem.

Regardless of all of this, IT'S A GREAT GAME. I played for hours even before they released the patch, and I'm still playing it.

RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By RHCPfan24
    Thrawn said:
    "

Yeah the patch is up, I got it last night. However, the words are slightly too big now. Instead of an entire sentance being displayed within the box, because of how big the font is the sentence overflows, so the text will have to scroll up. This wouldn't be a problem, except that it takes way too long for the text to scroll, and there's no button (that i've found) to scroll manually. Also, once it scrolls, only one or two words are revealed.

It's still better than how it was before, so +1 to Rare for fixing it, but it seems like they spent too little time fixing the problem.

Regardless of all of this, IT'S A GREAT GAME. I played for hours even before they released the patch, and I'm still playing it.

"
    Hmm....interesting...well at least it works i guess.
    Thrawn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Thrawn1
    RHCPfan24 said:
    "Thrawn said:
    "

Yeah the patch is up, I got it last night. However, the words are slightly too big now. Instead of an entire sentance being displayed within the box, because of how big the font is the sentence overflows, so the text will have to scroll up. This wouldn't be a problem, except that it takes way too long for the text to scroll, and there's no button (that i've found) to scroll manually. Also, once it scrolls, only one or two words are revealed.

"
    Hmm....interesting...well at least it works i guess."
    wow, i should have proof read that last post. fixed.
    RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By RHCPfan24
    Thrawn said:
    "RHCPfan24 said:
    "Thrawn said:
    "

"
    Hmm....interesting...well at least it works i guess."
    wow, i should have proof read that last post. fixed."
    Well, I wasn't really commenting on any grammar problems, I just was saying how you said the patch wasn't perfect. 
    But, yeah, I saw a few things. Don't worry, it happens all the time lol.
    TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By TheGreatGuero

Excellent. They solved that issue pretty quickly.

weltal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By weltal

Good to know when I get my copy on Christmas I'll be able to play without an issue. Thanks for the update.

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#12  Edited By Jayge_

And so the magic of Banjo Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts will be spread to all with abandon.

Enjoy it, SD people. It's amazing.

bwooduhs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#13  Edited By bwooduhs

Yay i can actually read it now. It's kind of a little late for me though i allready beat it.

PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By PureRok

It doesn't change the fact that it's a bad game.

RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By RHCPfan24
    PureRok said:
    "It doesn't change the fact that it's a bad game."
    Oh no you didn't!
    TheGTAvaccine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#16  Edited By TheGTAvaccine

Man, the big text looks like balls. Good thing you can change it back to the good text.

dsplayer1010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

User Lists: 6

#17  Edited By dsplayer1010

Alright then, now if only I had my 360 back.

Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#18  Edited By Karmum

I doubt this was *the* reason that people wouldn't buy it for. This was something that should have been in the original game, but isn't *the* reason people don't want it, perhaps instead it doesn't interest them? This surely doesn't convince me to buy it (even for $40), and I have a HDTV. However, good for the SDTV users that play the game.

dsplayer1010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

User Lists: 6

#19  Edited By dsplayer1010
    Karmum said:
    "I doubt this was *the* reason that people wouldn't buy it for. This was something that should have been in the original game, but isn't *the* reason people don't want it, perhaps instead it doesn't interest them? This surely doesn't convince me to buy it (even for $40), and I have a HDTV. However, good for the SDTV users that play the game."
    Don't be so sure. A friend of mine, huge Banjo-Kazooie fan, has the game but will not play it because he can't read the text.
    elko84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#20  Edited By elko84

The text shows up and vanishes before you can read everything it says anyways so what's the point whether you can read it or not?  Now maybe if they changed it so you can hit the A button after you've read what is there then maybe.  That's the one thing I don't like about this game.

Thrawn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Thrawn1
    elko84 said:
    "The text shows up and vanishes before you can read everything it says anyways so what's the point whether you can read it or not?  Now maybe if they changed it so you can hit the A button after you've read what is there then maybe.  That's the one thing I don't like about this game."

read faster. but yes, it would be nice to have such a button.
    elko84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#22  Edited By elko84
    Thrawn said:
    "elko84 said:
    "The text shows up and vanishes before you can read everything it says anyways so what's the point whether you can read it or not?  Now maybe if they changed it so you can hit the A button after you've read what is there then maybe.  That's the one thing I don't like about this game."

read faster. but yes, it would be nice to have such a button."
    There's just not enough time to read that quickly AND watch what's going on with the characters in the scene.
    TEAMHOLT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#23  Edited By TEAMHOLT
    TheGTAvaccine said:
    "Man, the big text looks like balls. Good thing you can change it back to the good text."
    Can you? I didn't see an option for it and was worried that they fixed the game for SDTV owners, and broke the game for HDTV owners who now have to stare at huge-ass text.

I agree with elko84, too. Not everyone reads at the same speed or splits their attention between the cutscenes and text the same way. I'm glad I can now easily read the dialog, but kind of irritated that I have to sit there and wait for it to scroll.
    uglybob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By uglybob

prefered the old text because it was bigger for me, but then thats hd tv

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.