Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Bastion

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released Jul 20, 2011

Bastion is a story about a Kid, his hammer, and a world gone all kinds of wrong.

Bastion on Stan-Def T.V.

• 143 results
    AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#101  Edited By AlexW00d

@FluxWaveZ: My god you're a dumb fuck.

READ THE FUCKING WORDS.

Clearly you think videogames are the greatest thing to happen to the world therefore every bit of money you have should be spent on them, but trust me kid, you'll grow up one day and have to look after yourself, and when that day comes you will most definitely have more important things to spend money on; you know, a mortgage, food, utilities. That is what I am saying. If you cannot afford to buy a $200 tv, you probably struggle to keep yourself afloat, and therefore you should spend your money more wisely, not on videogames.

@FluxWaveZsaid:

@AlexW00d said:

And tbh, when I was growing up, I saved money I was given at birthdays and Christmas and as reward/whatever you call it for doing well in school so I could buy things like this. Were we a rich family? Were we fuck. Was I smart and saved my money so I could have the things I wanted? Yes, and if I can, anyone can.

I don't even understand your point anymore. From you agreeing with DoctorChimp, what you're now saying is a contradiction to your argument becuase you were still playing video games even if you couldn't afford a $200 monitor yourself so... what?

What I typed there clearly shows I could afford a $200 monitor myself, because I saved my money. That is the exact point made, how could you not understand that?

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#102  Edited By FluxWaveZ
    @AlexW00d said: 

What I typed there clearly shows I could afford a $200 monitor myself, because I saved my money. That is the exact point made, how could you not understand that?

So you only started playing video games from the moment you could afford a $200 monitor? 

Dude, I think you're the one who should read more carefully, because I have absolutely no idea what you're going on about at this point.
    AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103  Edited By AlexW00d

@FluxWaveZsaid:

@AlexW00d said:

So you only started playing video games from the moment you could afford a $200 monitor?

Dude, I think you're the one who should read more carefully, because I have absolutely no idea what you're going on about at this point.

No because when I started playing games HD wasn't even a fucking thing.

And that last statement isn't logically sound. You don't know what I'm going on about so I should read more carefully? Nope.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By FluxWaveZ
    @AlexW00d said: 

And that last statement isn't logically sound. You don't know what I'm going on about so I should read more carefully? Nope.

I think I should re-ask the question that this whole discussion is based on, because it doesn't seem clear to you: 

Do you agree that only people, regardless of their age or gender, who can afford a $200 HD display of any kind should play video games? Yes or no?
    AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By AlexW00d

@FluxWaveZ said:

@AlexW00d said:

I think I should re-ask the question that this whole discussion is based on, because it doesn't seem clear to you: Do you agree that only people, regardless of their age or gender, who can afford a $200 HD display of any kind should play video games? Yes or no?

I have already answered this and posted my reasoning. I am sorry that you missed it.

I do indeed agree that if someone cannot afford a $200 tv then they shouldn't be playing games. There are many reasons for this, a lot of which already been posted multiple times. Go and read all the previous comments you have merely skimmed, because hell if I am repeating myself again.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By FluxWaveZ
    @AlexW00d said: 

I do indeed agree that if someone cannot afford a $200 tv then they shouldn't be playing games. There are many reasons for this, a lot of which already been posted multiple times. Go and read all the previous comments you have merely skimmed, because hell if I am repeating myself again.

Haha, what? This was your response to the 6 year old example: " The 6 year old analogy shows you didn't even read my comment." Now please, by all means, explain why the 6 year old shouldn't be playing Nintendogs on his Nintendo DS since he can't afford a $200 HD monitor or TV.
    Yanngc33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#107  Edited By Yanngc33
    @leebmx Thanks for the info man, looks like this will join mass effect 2 and Heavy Rain in the pool of games that don't give a damn about us SDs :p
    Doctorchimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#108  Edited By Doctorchimp
    @FluxWaveZ said:
    @AlexW00d said: 

Haha, what? This was your response to the 6 year old example: " The 6 year old analogy shows you didn't even read my comment." Now please, by all means, explain why the 6 year old shouldn't be playing Nintendogs on his Nintendo DS since he can't afford a $200 HD monitor or TV.
    It was very clear that we are talking about people who use gaming as a hobby....

Those that have current systems and keep up with the latest trends...that would need an HDTV to really take advantage of the games they were buying.

Not the little kid playing with a DS.
    Juicebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#109  Edited By Juicebox

I don't get why people are getting mad at this guy... it's his own damn choice not to get an hd tv . I'm shure he has his reason. You people jumping on him for not having an hd set are pathetic.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By FluxWaveZ
    @Doctorchimp said: 

It was very clear that we are talking about people who use gaming as a hobby...  

How was it very clear, especially with @AlexW00d denying that very example with the 6 year old the way he did?
    phonics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By phonics

You can get a 20" LCD monitor for fucking 100 bucks these days. That also doubles as a monitor for your computer.  

People who claim they use SDTV's in 2011 because 'I have more important things to spend money on' are fucking liars. Grow up, turn 18, get money get paid, afford a decent monitor / tv. And if at the point you are earning your own money you claim that you have more important things to spend it on fair enough. But when you are straight living with no income and gaming in your room while your parents watch The Biggest Loser in the next room on their 52 inch television you have no say in anything.  

Get out

Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 17

#112  Edited By Sooperspy
    @AlexW00d: What if you're playing games on a Wii? 
    Or any other platform other than an Xbox 360 or a PS3.
    Then you don't even need an HD tv, so why get one.
    FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By FluxWaveZ
    @Redbullet685 said:
    @AlexW00d: What if you're playing games on a Wii?  Or any other platform other than an Xbox 360 or a PS3. Then you don't even need an HD tv, so why get one.
    Nah man, they shouldn't be playing video games at all. Only those with HD displays should be playing video games. 

This is totally not an elitist mindset, though, so don't tell me I'm an elitist. I'm a realist.
    sarge1445

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By sarge1445

@FluxWaveZ said:

@AlexW00d said:

@FluxWaveZ said:

The fact that they don't have the money doesn't mean that they shouldn't be playing video games. If you actually think that, you're an elitist.

No it does not make you a fucking elitist. It makes you a realist. You shouldn't have your parents shower money on you, it is bullshit and breads terrible habits. Once people reach the age that let's them get a job, they should buy their own shit, simple. That is how life works, you earn your way. If you don't think that, you're a spoiled, obnoxious shit.

@sarge1445 said:

I think that I didn't get video games unless I got amazing grades or it was christmas or my birthday. Otherwise I had to save money at 15 If I asked my dad for more then 15 dollars in week he'd give me the fine advice to get a job. If you can't find a job there are other ways to make money during my sophomore year of high school I charged kids to do there math homework 15 dollars an assignment. As a teen you can get a summer job and save up for a tv.

I'm not saying parents should buy all the games that the kids want. I'm not saying that at all. He literally said that people who can't afford a $200 TV shouldn't be playing video games. And you guys agree? One can get video games from their parents occasionally as gifts, from other relatives or borrow games from their friends. Still, they literally shouldn't be playing video games at all just because they can't afford a TV? I still fail to see how that's not an elitist sentiment. It means: "only those with money can play video games". So a 6 year old who plays Nintendogs on a Nintendo DS the kid's parent bought him shouldn't be playing the game because he can't buy a $200 TV? How does that make sense?

First off we are referring to adults and teens once you hit 13 you can find ways to make money at least 200 dollars. Also if you are of legal working age and can't save up for a 200 dollar tv you probably should not be playing games. Also once again video games privilege not a right if you or if your to young your parents can't afford it to bad so sad. There is a very large difference between a kid on his DS and a 17 year old on his xbox those are two totally different people and yes the 17 year old should not be playing video games if he can't afford it.

ShadowSkill11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By ShadowSkill11

@leebmx said:

I am playing Bastion on a normal TV, I am saving up for an HD but my hours have just been cut so might be a while. Anyway, sometimes it is hard to read the writing etc on HD games but Bastion is truly the worst. Anyone else finding this? It is making it almost impossible to play because a great deal of the text is not legible. I am going to have to stop playing until I get a new TV - I've played scores of HD games on this TV with no problems - I wonder why Bastion's so bad?

HDTV's are normal TV's. You just insist on using legacy electronics. You are doing the equivalent of trying to use a 486 running Windows 3.1 or jogging with a walkman tape deck. Bastion looks great to me but then again I'm running it on a 46" 3DTV.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By FluxWaveZ

@sarge1445 said: 

First off we are referring to adults and teens once you hit 13 you can find ways to make money at least 200 dollars. Also if you are of legal working age and can't save up for a 200 dollar tv you probably should not be playing games. Also once again video games privilege not a right if you or if your to young your parents can't afford it to bad so sad. There is a very large difference between a kid on his DS and a 17 year old on his xbox those are two totally different people and yes the 17 year old should not be playing video games if he can't afford it.

Once age specifications are set then sure, I can find agreement with some points you guys present. Yeah, anyone above the age of 13 can find ways to gather the money for a $200 HD display if the teen really wants one. I don't really agree with your argument relating to legal working age, as there are teenagers who don't want to get a job and can't afford a $200 TV but still get games as gifts and they should be able to play those games all they want, but I can agree with that point if the teenager's living on his own. 

And I seriously don't know why this point keeps on being directed towards me: 

"Also once again video games privilege not a right if you or if your to young your parents can't afford it to bad so sad." 

I never, ever, said the opposite. Yeah, if you or your parents can't afford video games that's too bad. So...? 

And, again, I disagree with your final point. Of course there's a difference between a 6 year old and a 17 year old, but there can also be the fact that none of them have a job and that their parents buy games for them. Once again, why shouldn't the 17 year old be playing games if he's getting them from relatives, friends and parents if he can't afford a $200 TV?
    Rolyatkcinmai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By Rolyatkcinmai

Developers should not have to cater to standard definition TVs in 2011.

Come on, you've had over five years. I'm on my fourth HDTV.

sarge1445

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By sarge1445

@FluxWaveZ said:

@sarge1445 said:

Once age specifications are set then sure, I can find agreement with some points you guys present. Yeah, anyone above the age of 13 can find ways to gather the money for a $200 HD display if the teen really wants one. I don't really agree with your argument relating to legal working age, as there are teenagers who don't want to get a job and can't afford a $200 TV but still get games as gifts and they should be able to play those games all they want, but I can agree with that point if the teenager's living on his own.

And I seriously don't know why this point keeps on being directed towards me:

"Also once again video games privilege not a right if you or if your to young your parents can't afford it to bad so sad."

I never, ever, said the opposite. Yeah, if you or your parents can't afford video games that's too bad. So...? And, again, I disagree with your final point. Of course there's a difference between a 6 year old and a 17 year old, but there can also be the fact that none of them have a job and that their parents buy games for them. Once again, why shouldn't the 17 year old be playing games if he's getting them from relatives, friends and parents if he can't afford a $200 TV?

But at 17 they can get a job and buy that monitor to take advantage of there console that is an HD system. Also thats to bad if they don't want to get a job and they may get games thats great how about you ask for christmas birthday etc. . . for money instead so they can save up for a monitor. I was 18 when I got my HDTV did roofing and landscaping for a couple months got a nice big 50 inch set. Could that 900 dollars gone to other things? yea probably but I wanted an nice HDTV to take advantage of my PS3 and 360. This ohh they can't afford stuff, is crap if there over the age of 13 now if it is not a priority for you great then just deal with small text and games that don't look as good or enjoy portables, retro games, and the Wii.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By FluxWaveZ
    @sarge1445 said: 

But at 17 they can get a job and buy that monitor to take advantage of there console that is an HD system. Also thats to bad if they don't want to get a job and they may get games thats great how about you ask for christmas birthday etc. . . for money instead so they can save up for a monitor. I was 18 when I got my HDTV did roofing and landscaping for a couple months got a nice big 50 inch set. Could that 900 dollars gone to other things? yea probably but I wanted an nice HDTV to take advantage of my PS3 and 360. This ohh they can't afford stuff, is crap if there over the age of 13 now if it is not a priority for you great then just deal with small text and games that don't look as good or enjoy portables, retro games, and the Wii.

Good for you if you worked a bunch when you were 18 so you could afford an HDTV because you really wanted one. But guess what? Not every teenager aspires to have an HD display so they can take full advantage of their HD console. And yes, they'll have to deal with games that don't look as good as they could and small text, but they'll still be able to play the games they want to. Saying that they shouldn't play games, period, just because they can't afford an HDTV is asinine and, like I said before, elitist.
    sarge1445

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By sarge1445

@FluxWaveZ said:

@sarge1445 said:

Good for you if you worked a bunch when you were 18 so you could afford an HDTV because you really wanted one. But guess what? Not every teenager aspires to have an HD display so they can take full advantage of their HD console. And yes, they'll have to deal with games that don't look as good as they could and small text, but they'll still be able to play the games they want to. Saying that they shouldn't play games, period, just because they can't afford an HDTV is asinine and, like I said before, elitist.

Well then they shouldnt complain that devs didnt think about old SDTVs then. It is not elitist to think that man they bought a system that markets itself as a HD machine for that person who bought it to have an HDTV.

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By AlexW00d

@Redbullet685 said:

@AlexW00d: What if you're playing games on a Wii? Or any other platform other than an Xbox 360 or a PS3. Then you don't even need an HD tv, so why get one.

Clearly that isn't even what we're talking about. This thread is about playing modern games being played on non-modern TVs.

@FluxWaveZ said:

@sarge1445 said:

Good for you if you worked a bunch when you were 18 so you could afford an HDTV because you really wanted one. But guess what? Not every teenager aspires to have an HD display so they can take full advantage of their HD console. And yes, they'll have to deal with games that don't look as good as they could and small text, but they'll still be able to play the games they want to. Saying that they shouldn't play games, period, just because they can't afford an HDTV is asinine and, like I said before, elitist.

I swear you're an idiot. If they don't want to play their games on a HD TV then they don't need to worry and this thread is of no concern to them. You're just trying to make points out of nowhere now.

phonics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By phonics

You guys just don't 'get' it. Developers should take me and the 2 other people on earth who are still using SD-monitors into consideration when they are developing their games.

sarge1445

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By sarge1445

@Phonics said:

You guys just don't 'get' it. Developers should take me and the 2 other people on earth who are still using SD-monitors into consideration when they are developing their games.

ohh totally and I am Batman

Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 17

#124  Edited By Sooperspy
    @AlexW00d said:

@Redbullet685 said:

@AlexW00d: What if you're playing games on a Wii? Or any other platform other than an Xbox 360 or a PS3. Then you don't even need an HD tv, so why get one.

Clearly that isn't even what we're talking about. This thread is about playing modern games being played on non-modern TVs.

So the Wii isn't a modern console with modern games?  
    Also, yes, using an HD tv makes the graphics (and maybe you're overall experience) on HD consoles better, but they aren't essential.
    leebmx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#125  Edited By leebmx
    @ShadowSkill11 said:

@leebmx said:

I am playing Bastion on a normal TV, I am saving up for an HD but my hours have just been cut so might be a while. Anyway, sometimes it is hard to read the writing etc on HD games but Bastion is truly the worst. Anyone else finding this? It is making it almost impossible to play because a great deal of the text is not legible. I am going to have to stop playing until I get a new TV - I've played scores of HD games on this TV with no problems - I wonder why Bastion's so bad?

HDTV's are normal TV's. You just insist on using legacy electronics. You are doing the equivalent of trying to use a 486 running Windows 3.1 or jogging with a walkman tape deck. Bastion looks great to me but then again I'm running it on a 46" 3DTV.

Christ.....I understand why it looks bad, and I am not complaining either......I was just making the point the Bastion is the only game where it is so bad it is unplayable, and was wondering if others felt the same. It really is amazing the amount of people on this thread who seem to think I am either demanding that developers develop for old tech or don't understand why an HD game doesn't look good on a SD TV.
    FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By FluxWaveZ
    @AlexW00d said: 

I swear you're an idiot. If they don't want to play their games on a HD TV then they don't need to worry and this thread is of no concern to them. You're just trying to make points out of nowhere now.

First off, stop calling me an idiot. Continue and I'll contact the mods, because insulting other users in such a way goes against the forum rules. Even if you think your arguments are the better ones, at least I'm not one to lower myself to petty name calling like you are. 

And, secondly, I'm the one who is making points out of nowhere? YOU ARE THE ONE WHO REPLIED TO ME WITH A COMMENT THAT MADE NO SENSE IN THE FIRST PLACE. DO YOU EVEN REALIZE THAT? You are the one who made a senseless, out-of-nowhere reply to me in the fucking first place. So how am I the one who is making points out of nowhere when you're the one who started the argument because you didn't even know what I was talking about? You essentially butted in to a reply I made to another user with a comment that made absolutely no sense regarding the comment I was replying to. Here it is: 

No it does not make you a fucking elitist. It makes you a realist. You shouldn't have your parents shower money on you, it is bullshit and breads terrible habits. Once people reach the age that let's them get a job, they should buy their own shit, simple. That is how life works, you earn your way. If you don't think that, you're a spoiled, obnoxious shit.

That was your confusing reply to this: 

The fact that they don't have the money doesn't mean that they shouldn't be playing video games. If you actually think that, you're an elitist.

And, AMAZINGLY, you have still managed, time and time again, to not disprove what I was saying. Even still, you managed to avoid a response to my "6 year old kid example". Where are all of your awesome points made earlier in the thread that you mentioned and that I somehow managed to miss? I mean, you referred to them here: 

There are many reasons for this, a lot of which already been posted multiple times. Go and read all the previous comments you have merely skimmed, because hell if I am repeating myself again. 

Oh wait, there are none. I've read every single comment in this thread and if you had as well, you would have realised your original comment made no sense in relation to what I was replying to. Once again, and I hope for the last time, I have no idea what you're talking about.
    FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By FluxWaveZ
    @sarge1445 said: 

Well then they shouldnt complain that devs didnt think about old SDTVs then. It is not elitist to think that man they bought a system that markets itself as a HD machine for that person who bought it to have an HDTV.

I agree with this. Actually, I think we agree with everything regarding this topic. I think I just misinterpreted this comment you posted: 

video games are a privilage not a right and if there parents don't want to buy them and they don't have a job yes

Which also misinterpreted the comment I posted:   

@FluxWaveZ said:

@Doctorchimp said:
    People playing games that can't afford 200 dollars for a new tv....shouldn't be playing games...
    So then teenagers without jobs shouldn't be playing video games?

In this reply I was referring to "People" as "Everybody" and not just those who are complaining about devs not modifying their games for SD sets, like you seem to have thought I meant.  I thought you were saying that even if teenagers have video games, they shouldn't be able to play them if they can't get an HDTV, just like AlexW00d was saying, but I realize that wasn't your position on this matter. 

DP, I know, but it's better formatted this way.
    sarge1445

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By sarge1445

Anyway it is shocking to find people without atleast 1 HD set in the house in this day in age

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By AlexW00d

@FluxWaveZ: Aww is baby getting offended? Look if you stop posting idiotic things I shall cease calling you an idiot. Simple.

And if you think you and Sarge agree on everything then why are you arguing with me? Me and that dude have had the same stance this entire damn thread.

This entire argument spawned from you failing to understand that I, and many others, don't agree with you on your silly elitism point.

The whole point of this has been; if you want to play videogames in HD yet you cannot afford a HD TV then you shouldn't be playing, or at least buying (which is how you should get them goddamnit, gifts should be practical) videogames as you clearly need to think otherwise about your spending habits. This has been my point from the beginning. Hopefully you now understand; otherwise I shall probably have to call you an idiot again.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By FluxWaveZ
    @AlexW00d: Look, I'm done. This has gone on for too long.
    CosmicQueso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#131  Edited By CosmicQueso

You guys are funny.

FateOfNever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By FateOfNever

How the fuck did this go on for seven pages?  It looks like every post is someone repeating themselves with no one bothering to try to understand what the other person is trying to say because they'd rather just be angry that the other person isn't saying what they're saying. 

Avatar image for pescado_auf_deutsch
    pescado_auf_deutsch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

You should really make an effort to play this on a HDTV. It looks gorgeous. I do feel you though, I played Mass Effect 2 on a SDTV and all the text was unreadable. Even more so than Bastion's (I tried out the trial on a SDTV).

Edit: Also wanted to add how I love that Bastion is pretty much the opposite of a next-gen brown shooter. The color palette of this game is fuckin rich.

monetarydread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By monetarydread
    @FluxWaveZ said:
    . It just makes me think whether this problem could easily be averted if just one person during development asked him/herself: "what about those without an HD set?" Would it really be that hard to accommodate those with SD sets, even if we're in a transitional period like you mentioned? Some recent games like Vanquish still have SDTV options, so it's not impossible.
    Actually it is more than just ONE person during development asking something.  After that one person found something, a manager has to find out how long it will take to fix (and then how much money), then you have to tell an artist to redesign all his work to fix the probelm, then you have to get programmers to reprogram parts of the engine to handle all the new redesigned  artwork, then you have to get multiple testers to try and find out how broken this new feature is, then the programmers have to spend time fixing all those newly broken pieces of code. 
    It's not just some simple task anymore, and when a company has what? six employees?  That is a lot of effort for again, someone who won't spend the hundred dollars for an HD set? 
    DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135  Edited By DystopiaX

Yeah I got an HDTV like a year ago, but before that tons of games' texts were awful- ME, Dead Rising, etc. I definitely feel for you. I think it's more acceptable for Bastion given the small team- can't really test everything, but more unexcuseable for the large teams that could definitely afford to have at least one dude go and see how terrible it is in standard definition...either way it sucks that you can't keep playing it.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By FluxWaveZ
    @MonetaryDread: That's why I said during development and not after development.
    DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137  Edited By DystopiaX

@sarge1445 said:

@FluxWaveZ said:

@sarge1445 said:

Dude tons of people still use HDTVs, even if you don't know any. Awhile ago a survey came out and some significant portion, like 10%, said that their current gen consoles are hooked up to SDTVs, so don't think that devs don't know that alot of people still use SDTVs, and a significant enough portion of the market that they should still look for that shit.

monetarydread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138  Edited By monetarydread
    @FluxWaveZ said:
    @MonetaryDread: That's why I said during development and not after development.
    It doesn't matter if it is done before or afterwards.  Its still the same process and obviously it isn't much of a priority anymore.  If this was 06' then maybe the complaint would be considered, but SD is ancient tech and not a priority anymore to developers.  
    This is like when PC games started to prevent people with Dial-up from playing online.  Sure, not everyone had access to high-speed internet, but you are screwing yourself out of the intended experience to the point where it really isn't worth it anymore.  This is no different.  I went on Newegg and saw a monitor for $75 that runs in HD.  If you can't afford that then you need to find a job, if you are too lazy to find a job then your bitching is falling upon deaf ears because the world shouldn't be designed to make things easier for lazy people.
    FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By FluxWaveZ
    @MonetaryDread: Agreed. I specified during development, because your example stating "artists redesigning" and "testing" no longer applies to the development process.
    Deusoma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#140  Edited By Deusoma
    @FateOfNever said:
    How the fuck did this go on for seven pages?  It looks like every post is someone repeating themselves with no one bothering to try to understand what the other person is trying to say because they'd rather just be angry that the other person isn't saying what they're saying. 
    Friend Fate, you have just accurately described the whole of the Internet in a single sentence, and I applaud your accuracy.
    ghostchant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141  Edited By ghostchant

this game was the last straw for me. I'm getting an hdtv this week

Slaegar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142  Edited By Slaegar

After struggling to play many of today's games on an old TV I finally searched for a solution. I found it behind my computer monitor. It has an HDMI port despite being a couple years old and audio out. Now my poor old CRT is almost never on. 

Check to see if your computer monitor can support hdmi in and sound out (for speakers) and you are golden. 

If not you can start looking for something like this:

http://www.meritline.com/component-video-to-vga-converter-for-dvd-xbox360-and-wii---p-64276.aspx

Though I have no experience using that thingy or anything similar so it may cause screen lag.

Avatar image for mordeaniischaos
    MordeaniisChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#143  Edited By MordeaniisChaos

You can get a 40" for about $350 That's pretty cheap. If you are having issues with games, maybe it's time to have a garage sale, save up a bit, or something, and get a decent sized HD TV. And in my experience, most SDTVs aren't very big, so you could probably get away with a 30 inch if your really strapped.

@Slaegar: There is a straight to VGA cable you can get for the 360, so no need to get that.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.