Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Bastion

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released Jul 20, 2011

Bastion is a story about a Kid, his hammer, and a world gone all kinds of wrong.

How to force the game to save.

phrali

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By phrali

after losing much progress, several times, i found this on another forum.

there is no manual save option (srsly WHY THE F NOT?). you must rely on the autosave. 

the game does NOT save when you exit to the menu (WHWHHYYYYY)

the game autosaves when you enter a mission or a proving ground. but it does NOT autosave when you enter the Bastion (SRSLY WHHHYYYYY). so if you do some stuff, return to the bastion, then exit to the menu, do NOT expect the game to save.

if you do some stuff and want to quit, here's 2 reliable options.

1. enter the next mission or some unfinished proving ground, wait until the little autosave gear animation in the lower left of your screen stops, then power off. when you restart, you will be in the bastion, and your progress will be saved but it will be like you never went into that last mission.

2. enter the aettings menu, screw around with audio settings or something. then exit. the game will save your settings and your progress. 

IF YOU DO NOT SEE THE LITTLE SPINNY GEAR IN THE LOWER LEFT OF YOUR SCREEN, DO NOT EXPECT THE GAME TO HAVE SAVED YOUR PROGRESS

cinemandrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By cinemandrew

@phrali: It always saved when I returned to the Bastion.

Mr_Skeleton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#3  Edited By Mr_Skeleton

I think it saves every time you go out of an area, never had problems with the saving system.

Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By Dany

It saves when you leave and enter an area. If you return to the bastion and did some work on the forge, arsenal, changed shrines, looked at vigil, bought crap that would be lost if you turn off the console. (happened to me)

One way to 'fix it' is to start a who knows where mission/next bastion mission or a proving ground mission and quit once that is loaded up. You would return back to the bastion when you start again.

Avatar image for the_hiro_abides
    the_hiro_abides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#5  Edited By the_hiro_abides

Yeah, it made me real paranoid. So I just always loaded up a new area before quitting.

phrali

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By phrali
    @cinemandrew: really? never did for me. i lost lots of progress thinking it did until i noticed that there was no spinning gear when i re-entered the bastion
    BBQBram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By BBQBram

@Dany said:

One way to 'fix it' is to start a who knows where mission/next bastion mission or a proving ground mission and quit once that is loaded up. You would return back to the bastion when you start again.

Exactly what I did.

BerserkingGuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By BerserkingGuts

I already assumed this well in advance. So thankfully I haven't lost anything... yet.

YoungFrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By YoungFrey

One thing that I tried several times and never worked is loading a new area and quitting to The Bastion. 

phrali

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By phrali

bump because people are apparently still having problems with the horribly implemented autosave system

triola

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By triola

I played through the intro, got to the bastion, then went on to the next area and then quit. When I opened my game up the next day, there was not continue option. I'm very frustrated to have to play through the intro for a 3rd time! (once was the demo).

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.