Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Batman: Arkham Asylum

Game » consists of 28 releases. Released Aug 25, 2009

Batman: Arkham Asylum puts you behind the cowl of the iconic Dark Knight, fighting his way through Arkham Asylum to stop the Joker from enacting a sinister plot that would have grave consequences for Gotham City.

2-in-1 Question Thread: "Fear Mechanic"/"Joker DLC"

mark2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By mark2000

1. Exactly how do you make the thugs terrified during the Stealth Gameplay? 

2. How do you play the Joker Challenge Maps? I've already installed the DLC but I can't find it anywhere in the game menu.

lukeissxc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By lukeissxc

You can make the thugs terrified by doing an inverted takedown on one of them and then swinging to a different gargoyle statue and wait for the other thugs to come over. When they reach him throw your batarang at the rope he's hanging on and it will make the other thugs shit themselves. 

Not sure about the Joker stuff though.
    mark2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By mark2000
    @lukeissxc: I tried that once but even though they reacted to it with surprise and possibly fear, it didn't really switch them from "nervous" to "terrified" when observed with Detective Mode.
    JukeboxJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By JukeboxJoe

Just taking them out makes them more scared. When you get down to the last guy he'll be terrified, or he is for me
    grrsnort

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By grrsnort

Yeah, to get that last medal in the Predatory Challenge room where you have to "Appear from nowhere to suprise a terrified henchman", I had to take out all but the last to do that.  After that, I just hid out on a ledge and dropped down in front of him, scaring him backwards off some stairs.  Saved me the work of taking him out.
    mark2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By mark2000

Huh. Ok. I always thought it was something more than just taking out guys. Thanks for the replies.

NinjaHunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By NinjaHunter

The joker challenge maps are in the same place the regular challenge maps are just pick joker.

mark2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By mark2000
    @NinjaHunter said:
    " The joker challenge maps are in the same place the regular challenge maps are just pick joker. "

That's the problem. I can't find it anywhere. 

Hopefully, this will help:

After I installed the DLC, I noticed that the Game Data folder in my XMB had another Arkham Asylum icon with the same file size as the DLC, only this file's image had a different version of the Arkham Asylum logo.

I'm using a Region 2 version of the game, if that even has any connection to the problem at all.
    hughesie27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By hughesie27

I can't find the Joker stuff either despite downloading it as soon as I put the game in.

NinjaHunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By NinjaHunter
    @mark2000 said:
    " @NinjaHunter said:
    " The joker challenge maps are in the same place the regular challenge maps are just pick joker. "
     That's the problem. I can't find it anywhere.   Hopefully, this will help:  After I installed the DLC, I noticed that the Game Data folder in my XMB had another Arkham Asylum icon with the same file size as the DLC, only this file's image had a different version of the Arkham Asylum logo.  I'm using a Region 2 version of the game, if that even has any connection to the problem at all. "
    Hm, that's weird. Did you download it from the US PSN store? 
    mark2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By mark2000
    @NinjaHunter said:
    " @mark2000 said:
    " @NinjaHunter said:
     That's the problem. I can't find it anywhere.   Hopefully, this will help:  After I installed the DLC, I noticed that the Game Data folder in my XMB had another Arkham Asylum icon with the same file size as the DLC, only this file's image had a different version of the Arkham Asylum logo.  I'm using a Region 2 version of the game, if that even has any connection to the problem at all. "
    Hm, that's weird. Did you download it from the US PSN store?  "
    Yeah. My account is for the US PSN.
    NinjaHunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By NinjaHunter

That would probably be why then because the US is region 1.  What is region 2? Europe? You should try there if they have it at that version of the store. 

dbz1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13  Edited By dbz1995
    @mark2000 said:
    " @NinjaHunter said:
    " @mark2000 said:
    " @NinjaHunter said:
    Hm, that's weird. Did you download it from the US PSN store?  "
    Yeah. My account is for the US PSN. "
    Did you get it pre-owned or new?
    mark2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By mark2000
    @NinjaHunter said:
    "   That would probably be why then because the US is region 1.  What is region 2? Europe? You should try there if they have it at that version of the store.  "
    Yeah. It's the European version. Oddly enough, International release of this version was earlier than the local release by two days.

Anyway, this is the first time I tried downloading DLC for a game with a different region code. I guess it really isn't a surprise that the files are different.

@dbz1995: It's new. I bought it as soon as the store got copies.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.