Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Batman: Arkham Asylum

Game » consists of 28 releases. Released Aug 25, 2009

Batman: Arkham Asylum puts you behind the cowl of the iconic Dark Knight, fighting his way through Arkham Asylum to stop the Joker from enacting a sinister plot that would have grave consequences for Gotham City.

Batman Arkhum Asylum Exclusive DLC...not fair to 360.

• 79 results
    ch13696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

#1  Edited By ch13696

I'm glad that PS3 is finally getting an exclusive DLC deal. But I thought this whole exclusive DLC deal would stop at GTA IV. I'm not bashing the PS3. I'm bashing exclusive DLC. What do you guys think?

Suicrat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Suicrat

If the platform holder is willing to pay more than everyone else on the other platform combined, then the publisher is not wrong to take the superior offer.

Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By Pie

Exclusive DLC is wrong but the 360 does get a lot of exclusive DLC so whatever.

azteris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By azteris
    @ch13696 said:
    " I'm glad that PS3 is finally getting an exclusive DLC deal. But I thought this whole exclusive DLC deal would stop at GTA IV. I'm not bashing the PS3. I'm bashing exclusive DLC. What do you guys think? "
    I think the point is moot.

See: GTAIV
    shadows_kill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By shadows_kill

no i don't think its right to have exclusive dlc but it is about time the ps3 gets some (seeing as the 360 got gta4, fallout (coming to the ps3 sometime tho), and next modern warfare 2 (they said it will come on 360 first..)

dsplayer1010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By dsplayer1010

Is it just the Joker, or are they getting more than that?

shadows_kill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By shadows_kill
    @dsplayer1010 said:
    " Is it just the Joker, or are they getting more than that? "
    its the joker+ a couple joker only levels.
    Mooshu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Mooshu
    @sidescroller:

The PS3 is getting the DLC too now.
    Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#9  Edited By Arkthemaniac
    @sidescroller said:
    " Also see Fallout 3.The 360 always gets stuff. "
    This. In the words of AAAAAAAHNULD,

"Stop whining!"
    shadows_kill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By shadows_kill
    @Mooshu:

other than batman. what other games are getting dlc on only ps3? cause thats really the only one i have heard of...
    Akeldama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By Akeldama
    @ch13696 said:
    " I'm glad that PS3 is finally getting an exclusive DLC deal. But I thought this whole exclusive DLC deal would stop at GTA IV. I'm not bashing the PS3. I'm bashing exclusive DLC. What do you guys think? "
    this is not fair but neither was that bullshit MS pulled with GTA 4 and fallout 3. Im gald to see that Sony needs to throw money at these things as MS has for all these games. 
    fugie7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By fugie7
    @shadows_kill:  well killzone 2 had a dlc of new maps.
    Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13  Edited By Karmum
    @fugie7 said:
    " @shadows_kill:  well killzone 2 had a dlc of new maps. "
    Killzone is a PS3 exclusive, Arkham Asylum is multiplatform. Hence why the OP feels it is "unfair."
    regularassmilk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By regularassmilk

Sure its stupid, but it likely wont end.

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By TheGreatGuero

Well, I'm glad you mentioned GTAIV so I don't have to. Yeah. Exclusive stuff can suck, but it's what brings in the big bucks.

ch13696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By ch13696

Trust me. If they just stop doing exclusivity then they will still make money. I guess companies just want big bucks now and not wait for the long run.

Avatar image for sathingtonwaltz
    SathingtonWaltz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By SathingtonWaltz

As a PS3 owner, I really feel that were getting the shaft with DLC. Personally exclusive DLC pisses me off, but it makes me happy that were finally getting some.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By LiquidPrince

I think it's fine. Timed exclusives are always better though for one company or the other.

agentboolen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By agentboolen

The Batman games is definitely cruel for 360 owners.  The PS3 people get that stuff right off the bat.  Far as I'm concerned I don't care how good that game is in the end Im not buying it (which it will probably suck anyway).  The way they did it it feels like half the game is being left off the disc for 360 users.  For GTA we didn't get that content free we had to pay for it!!!  I hate Exclusive content, no matter the direction it always hurts the fans.

asurastrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#20  Edited By asurastrike

Exclusive DLC is nothing but giving the shaft to a part of your audience. Bethesda and Rockstar can fuck off.

killdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By killdave

£10 that its not exclusive for long.
    By long I mean half the time that its taken content from GTA and Fallout to reach the PS3

I think you're right we have seen the end of exclusive content. Although I'm now in the mood to go play some GTA4 DLC 'my brother'

mracoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#22  Edited By mracoon

All exclusive DLC does is anger people who bought the game on another system. I think it's stupid but when there's money involved people do stupid things.

killdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By killdave
    @ch13696 said:
    Ok I've been playing GTA4 DLC for 5 mins now and something hit me ,,, this is a whole new story with new voices characters songs weapons cars bikes etc
    Then I thought about Fallout 3 ... with its 5 add ons giving new story levels guns places to go voices characters etc.

So by the rule of Karma, its only fair the PS3 finally gets its own DLC, sadly it will just be a lame skin on the same game with same levels story etc :(
    shadows_kill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By shadows_kill
    @killdave said:
    " @ch13696 said:
    Ok I've been playing GTA4 DLC for 5 mins now and something hit me ,,, this is a whole new story with new voices characters songs weapons cars bikes etcThen I thought about Fallout 3 ... with its 5 add ons giving new story levels guns places to go voices characters etc.So by the rule of Karma, its only fair the PS3 finally gets its own DLC, sadly it will just be a lame skin on the same game with same levels story etc :( "

but for the gta4 part i think sony actualy did good because at the time microsoft said they got dlc for gta4 sony announced they got a exclusive deal for a new game which turned out to be Agent.
    Metric_Outlaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 8

#25  Edited By Metric_Outlaw

I think us 360 owners are just spoiled. The PS3 didn't get Fallout DLC yet, the Orange Box came out late, and Bioshock took forever too.

killdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By killdave
    @shadows_kill said:
    " @killdave said:
    " @ch13696 said:
    Ok I've been playing GTA4 DLC for 5 mins now and something hit me ,,, this is a whole new story with new voices characters songs weapons cars bikes etcThen I thought about Fallout 3 ... with its 5 add ons giving new story levels guns places to go voices characters etc.So by the rule of Karma, its only fair the PS3 finally gets its own DLC, sadly it will just be a lame skin on the same game with same levels story etc :( "
    but for the gta4 part i think sony actualy did good because at the time microsoft said they got dlc for gta4 sony announced they got a exclusive deal for a new game which turned out to be Agent. "
    Sweet, "Agent" ... what can you tell me about this game?
    Giant Bomb says *Agent is an espionage action game exclusive for the PlayStation 3*
    Sounds very much like *Splinter Cell Conviction
    is an espionage action game exclusive for the Xbox 360* right ?

jeffgoldblum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By jeffgoldblum
    @fugie7 said:
    " @shadows_kill:  well killzone 2 had a dlc of new maps. "
    No I think those came to the 360...
    kmdrkul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By kmdrkul

After all the 360 has gotten, the PS3 deserves this.

Cube

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Cube

Awww, it's "unfair" to the 360. I guess if you completely forget the onslaught of exclusive DLC the 360 has gotten over time, then I'd see what you mean. I guess it was fair that PS3 gamers missed out on GTA DLC! But now that Arkham Asylum goes PS3's way, it's suddenly unfair.

Bigandtasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#30  Edited By Bigandtasty

Exclusivity is annoying but that's just how it is.

ThomasP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By ThomasP

It would be nice if life was fair, but...

shadows_kill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By shadows_kill
    @killdave said:
    " @shadows_kill said:
    " @killdave said:
    " @ch13696 said:
    but for the gta4 part i think sony actualy did good because at the time microsoft said they got dlc for gta4 sony announced they got a exclusive deal for a new game which turned out to be Agent. "
    Giant Bomb says *Agent is an espionage action game exclusive for the PlayStation 3*

"
    lets see... a espionage action game made by rockstar or a espionage action game made by ubisoft...   i think i will pick agent

EDIT: also agent takes place in the 70's while conviction takes place in modern day. even if they are alike (which i doubt they will honestly) they will have a very different setting, feel, and gameplay elements. (conviction being stealthy and agent being more run and gun..)
    PercyChuggs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By PercyChuggs

Then just get it on PS3. If you're a real gamer, you own one.

Cyst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Cyst

Is this a serious issue? OMG, Microsoft has patented the exclusive DLC. They have exclusive demos, release dates, JRPGs, and map packs.

Look at the good its done to them. This is not going to stop, anytime soon. Complaining on a message board is futile.

Unless of course this is a joke OP, in which case I apologize for taking you seriously.

KamasamaK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#35  Edited By KamasamaK

So this brings it to a total of three games? BioShock and Mirror's Edge are the only other ones that come to mind, but I don't know if those stayed exclusive. Xbox 360 is way ahead, especially when considering timed exclusives. It would be nice if they stopped this exclusive DLC thing, but I guess Sony is trying to stay competitive which is reasonable I suppose. It is pretty anti-consumer, though, since you're basically buying the right to withhold content from people who bought it on a different platform.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By CL60
    @Cube said:
    " Awww, it's "unfair" to the 360. I guess if you completely forget the onslaught of exclusive DLC the 360 has gotten over time, then I'd see what you mean. I guess it was fair that PS3 gamers missed out on GTA DLC! But now that Arkham Asylum goes PS3's way, it's suddenly unfair. "
    This guy didn't read the topic. Only the title.
    Death_Unicorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#37  Edited By Death_Unicorn

It's not that big of a DLC, isn't just being able to access the Joker in challenge mode? I mean it's a cool add-on but not a deal breaker. I too, hate exclusive DLC, I have a 360, but knowing that some people won't be able to experience some game content, makes me cringe as a gamer.

PercyChuggs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By PercyChuggs

Remember when there used to be completely different versions of the same game on the Genesis and SNES, and most of the time, the SNES version was way better? Were people bitching about it being "not fair" for Genesis owners back then? No. So get on with life.

FCKSNAP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By FCKSNAP
    @Death_Unicorn said:
    " It's not that big of a DLC, isn't just being able to access the Joker in challenge mode? I mean it's a cool add-on but not a deal breaker. I too, hate exclusive DLC, I have a 360, but knowing that some people won't be able to experience some game content, makes me cringe as a gamer. "
    I hate that too!

So far nothing really shitty has happened through exclusivity, though. I mean, no one's bought a game five weeks after release and not be able to see the final chapter or locked out of the multiplayer mode of their purchase because they didn't get their pre-order bonus code from Gamestop.
    EvilTwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By EvilTwin

It's not fair or unfair.  It's just business.

zander1123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By zander1123

Guys, you know Sony did not pay for this DLC, this is just Warner Brothers giving sony something extra so that Sony pictures will work with Warner Brothers on more projects or whatever. It is the same way with Assassins Creed 2 and their exclusive wepons. They are pimping their PSP game and are putting some exclusive content for the main game so that people would by their side story.

As an owner of both systems I know this sucks, but looking at it objectively, Sony still hasnt paided for any exclusive content. Except for maybe Agent and other third party games on their system.

zitosilva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By zitosilva

I guess it could be worse. At leas now, most of the time things are just timed exclusives.

Still, if it's a way of doing business, it sucks. We can understand when something is exlusive because the developers have a very good relationship with the 1st parties, of if the 1st parties are the publishers and such. But in the specific case of DLC, it's just bad for whoever doesn't own the console. Aside from the (probably) money that was involved, there's no feasible reason that the Joker can't be in the 360 version, just like there's no reason the Lost and Damned can't be on the ps3.

papercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#43  Edited By papercut

give it time...it will come

Cube

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Cube
    @CL60 said:
    " @Cube said:
    " Awww, it's "unfair" to the 360. I guess if you completely forget the onslaught of exclusive DLC the 360 has gotten over time, then I'd see what you mean. I guess it was fair that PS3 gamers missed out on GTA DLC! But now that Arkham Asylum goes PS3's way, it's suddenly unfair. "
    This guy didn't read the topic. Only the title. "
    Actually I did. My point is that he should have objected long ago. Only when it does not benefit the 360 does he speak. If exclusive DLC is as unfair as he says it is, he would have raised question at the first sighting of it. You know, on the Xbox 360?

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By mordukai
    @Cube said:
    I think you misread his post. He was actually glad the PS3 is getting some exclusive DLC. He didn't have a problem with the 360 not getting this exclusive DLC but he has an issue with exclusive DLC in general. I think he just chose the wrong title for his thread. 
    Cube

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Cube
    @Mordukai said:
    " @Cube said:
    I think you misread his post. He was actually glad the PS3 is getting some exclusive DLC. He didn't have a problem with the 360 not getting this exclusive DLC but he has an issue with exclusive DLC in general. I think he just chose the wrong title for his thread. 
    "
    Read above this.
    jonnyboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#47  Edited By jonnyboy

Exclusivity deals exist  to sell systems to those that don't own one. If you already own one they exist to persuade you to buy another. That's all.

What they are used mostly for however, is a means of bragging rights used by Fanboys and Morons.

ch13696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By ch13696
    @killdave said:
    " @shadows_kill said:
    " @killdave said:
    " @ch13696 said:

"
    Hang on dude. No need to start a flame post. We're gonna get all the 360 and PS3 fanboys in this forum now and start complaining. I don't want that.
    ch13696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By ch13696
    @Cube said:
    I didn't say that it was unfair that the 360 isn't getting anything. I said that exclusive deals need to stop. I'm for the community. Not a single platform.
    Avatar image for justanotheruser
    JustAnotherUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By JustAnotherUser
    Wow, there's alot of misinformation here.
    First off, Sony didn't pay for the exclusive DLC. They have a contract with DC and Warner Bros.

Second, Joker isn't just a skin he plays like an entirely new character 

This DLC is part of buisness. They know that they will get more sales on the 360 because it has a larger install base so giving out free exclusive DLC to the PS3 will entice PS3 owners to buy the game because of it, thus making a large profit off the PS3 as well.

I don't like exclusive DLC either but that's how it is. Both people paid the same price for the game so why not give both the same product?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.