Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Batman: Arkham Asylum

Game » consists of 28 releases. Released Aug 25, 2009

Batman: Arkham Asylum puts you behind the cowl of the iconic Dark Knight, fighting his way through Arkham Asylum to stop the Joker from enacting a sinister plot that would have grave consequences for Gotham City.

I just earned 'Perfect Knight'

flaminghobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 13

Edited By flaminghobo

This achievement is awarded to those who complete Batman: Arkham Asylum 100%. I feel pretty proud, as I only used a Riddler Guide to find 5 trophies. I did leave one thing unfinished though, the 'Party Pooper' achievement. I honestly don't mind going back to complete the game again just for that one achievement, it'll be a blast to go through it once more.

flaminghobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By flaminghobo

This achievement is awarded to those who complete Batman: Arkham Asylum 100%. I feel pretty proud, as I only used a Riddler Guide to find 5 trophies. I did leave one thing unfinished though, the 'Party Pooper' achievement. I honestly don't mind going back to complete the game again just for that one achievement, it'll be a blast to go through it once more.

eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By eroticfishcake

Cool. Well done. I should really pick up a copy of this when I have the chance.

wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By wefwefasdf

100%? That is awesome. I really want to get this game... I just don't have the money to spend on a solely singleplayer game.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#4  Edited By jakob187
    @SpikeSpiegel: Then you are missing out. 

Congrats on the achievement, sir.  Unfortunately, the rarity of the Batman AA achievements is just going down down down down down because everyone is getting them.  That's a good thing, though, as it means people are playing an awesome game! 

I've got Batman S-ranked, and it made me all warm inside when that happened.
    wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#5  Edited By wefwefasdf
    @jakob187: I know I am. I am just gonna wait till Christmas where I splurge a little bit more than usual. How hard are the achievements?
    choffy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By choffy21

Want to get me Freeflow Combo 40 and Freeflow Perfection?

No, seriously.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By LiquidPrince

I just need the Freeflow Silver and Gold trophies to get my platinum now.

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
    deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

@SpikeSpiegel said:
    " @jakob187: I know I am. I am just gonna wait till Christmas where I splurge a little bit more than usual. How hard are the achievements? "
    Not hard. Easy to medium, I'd say. All just a matter of figuring out the way the game operates. Hard difficulty, for instance, is actually pretty easy. If you know the attack patterns of the enemies, then you basically have the game beat before even starting.
    flaminghobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By flaminghobo
    @SpikeSpiegel said:
    " @jakob187: I know I am. I am just gonna wait till Christmas where I splurge a little bit more than usual. How hard are the achievements? "
    They're not too tricky, though earning the challenge achievements took some stratergy and many restarts. :-)

@choffy21 said:
    " Want to get me Freeflow Combo 40 and Freeflow Perfection?  No, seriously. "
    Just keep practicing dude, you'll get them eventually!

@LiquidPrince said:
    " I just need the Freeflow Silver and Gold trophies to get my platinum now. "
    Yeah the last Freeflow challenege I needed to complete was 'Rumble in the Jungle (Extreme).' That drew me to the brink of madness! Hell, I should be locked up with the rest of the inmates!
    laticsfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By laticsfan

Well done sir! I tip my hat to you.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By jakob187
    @choffy21 said:
    Practice.  You can get both of them on Intensive Treatment (Extreme).  It's the easiest one to do it.  You'll have a lot of restarts just trying to get a grip on the combat system and the movements for enemy attacks (how to predetermine what they'll be throwing so you can make your next move).  Eventually, though, it all becomes very much a part of the game.  You don't even have to think about it.  As for the Perfection part, it's not nearly as hard as it sounds.  You just have to make sure you have all the moves unlocked in the single player.
    flaminghobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By flaminghobo
    @jakob187 said:
    " @choffy21 said:
    Practice.  You can get both of them on Intensive Treatment (Extreme).  It's the easiest one to do it.  You'll have a lot of restarts just trying to get a grip on the combat system and the movements for enemy attacks (how to predetermine what they'll be throwing so you can make your next move).  Eventually, though, it all becomes very much a part of the game.  You don't even have to think about it.  As for the Perfection part, it's not nearly as hard as it sounds.  You just have to make sure you have all the moves unlocked in the single player. "
    Wise man speaks wise words.
    jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By jakob187
    @FlamingHobo: I yelled like Christian Bale at a crew member doing the Extreme challenges...so I know how frustrating it can be without some words of calm to guide someone.  lol
    Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
    deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jakob187 said:
    " @FlamingHobo: I yelled like Christian Bale at a crew member doing the Extreme challenges...so I know how frustrating it can be without some words of calm to guide someone.  lol "
    Dude, seriously. Shock and Awe (Extreme) was infuriating. Nearly threw the controller every time I ran out of time in that fourth round.
    Avatar image for addictedtopinescent
    addictedtopinescent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Congrats dude

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By jakob187
    @Sir_Ragnarok said:
    " @jakob187 said:
    " @FlamingHobo: I yelled like Christian Bale at a crew member doing the Extreme challenges...so I know how frustrating it can be without some words of calm to guide someone.  lol "
    Dude, seriously. Shock and Awe (Extreme) was infuriating. Nearly threw the controller every time I ran out of time in that fourth round. "
    Man, that's timid compared to me.  I feared for the life of the TV a few times, the life of the wall it was hanging on, and even the life of my car while I was outside smoking half a pack before I went back to the game. 

I'm amazed I survived Shock and Awe (Extreme)!!!
    zkilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By zkilla

Congratulations wish I could be playing it now :(
    Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#18  Edited By Claude

When I finally get the game, I doubt I'll ever achieve that prominence. We'll see, haven't played it yet. Congrats.

Decimator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#19  Edited By Decimator

Really well done, nice achievement! But hey, can we expect an in-depth review about the game anytime soon? :D I'm thinking about buying it and a lot of people are telling me to do so, but I'm not convinced yet.. ;)

flaminghobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By flaminghobo
    @Decimator said:
    " Really well done, nice achievement! But hey, can we expect an in-depth review about the game anytime soon? :D I'm thinking about buying it and a lot of people are telling me to do so, but I'm not convinced yet.. ;) "
    I posted a fairly short review that you can find on my profile. Also there's the Giant Bomb review.
    Avatar image for killer_meatballs
    killer_meatballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By killer_meatballs

Congrats. Loved this game. I don't think I'll be able to do the same.  I'm actually missing some of the Joker Teeth.  Have no idea how I missed them.  But  they are not showing up on the map.  I know what location they should be in, but can't find them.
    Very awesome game nonetheless .

flaminghobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By flaminghobo
    @killer_meatballs said:
    " Congrats. Loved this game. I don't think I'll be able to do the same.  I'm actually missing some of the Joker Teeth.  Have no idea how I missed them.  But  they are not showing up on the map.  I know what location they should be in, but can't find them. Very awesome game nonetheless . "
    Did you miss the ones in Warden Sharp's office? They're on the second floor of it, those were the last ones I needed to complete the Riddler Challenges.
    Decimator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Decimator
    @FlamingHobo said:
    " @Decimator said:
    " Really well done, nice achievement! But hey, can we expect an in-depth review about the game anytime soon? :D I'm thinking about buying it and a lot of people are telling me to do so, but I'm not convinced yet.. ;) "
    I posted a fairly short review that you can find on my profile. Also there's the Giant Bomb review. "
    True, I will check it out tomorrow. As for the GiantBomb review, I usually only watch the User reviews to get a better view of the game in total. For example: If you buy a new mouse, will you buy it because a website claims it's good? Or will you buy it because hundreds of user reviews point out the mouse is a superb product? ;-)
    flaminghobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By flaminghobo
    @Decimator said:
    " @FlamingHobo said:
    " @Decimator said:
    I posted a fairly short review that you can find on my profile. Also there's the Giant Bomb review. "
    True, I will check it out tomorrow. As for the GiantBomb review, I usually only watch the User reviews to get a better view of the game in total. For example: If you buy a new mouse, will you buy it because a website claims it's good? Or will you buy it because hundreds of user reviews point out the mouse is a superb product? ;-) "
    Fair enough dude. You do have a fair point.
    Decimator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Decimator
    @FlamingHobo said:
    " @Decimator said:
    " @FlamingHobo said:
    " @Decimator said:
    True, I will check it out tomorrow. As for the GiantBomb review, I usually only watch the User reviews to get a better view of the game in total. For example: If you buy a new mouse, will you buy it because a website claims it's good? Or will you buy it because hundreds of user reviews point out the mouse is a superb product? ;-) "
    Fair enough dude. You do have a fair point. "
    Thought so! ;-) Still thanks and I will watch your review tomorrow. Going to take a nap now, cheers and good night. ;-)
    EvangelBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#26  Edited By EvangelBlue

Congrats!

I just got the platinum trophy yesterday. I was quite proud, especially since i spent days on Shock and Awe extreme and Rumble in the Jungle extreme. Then suddenly one day I managed to knock them both out in less than half an hour. Good stuff.

Also, for the people trying to do those challenge rooms or getting 40x freelow combo, slow down and don't button mash. I used to and it drove me insane. Hit the strike button only after you finished hitting one henchmen, and hit it only once and make sure to push in the direction you want to go in. This enables you to pick up on counters more quickly, and it also allows you to check who is about to attack you, so that you don't end up in the process of hitting one guy when another is about to hit you, cause then he'll hit you and you lose your combo. It may sound like some obvious advice, but it really does help. By doing this you should get a critical strike almost every time you hit someone, which builds your combo up like mad and gets you lots of points.

I followed this advice and was able to do those challenge rooms which I once thought were impossible. I replayed the game on hard to get that achievement/trophy, and I frequently got +40 combo by using the same method.

Avatar image for killer_meatballs
    killer_meatballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By killer_meatballs
    @FlamingHobo said:
    " @killer_meatballs said:
    " Congrats. Loved this game. I don't think I'll be able to do the same.  I'm actually missing some of the Joker Teeth.  Have no idea how I missed them.  But  they are not showing up on the map.  I know what location they should be in, but can't find them. Very awesome game nonetheless . "
    Did you miss the ones in Warden Sharp's office? They're on the second floor of it, those were the last ones I needed to complete the Riddler Challenges. "
    I'll try there again.  Thanks.
    Monoxide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#28  Edited By Monoxide

I got 1000/1000 on my first play through and I STILL want to play it again.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.