Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Batman: Arkham Asylum

Game » consists of 28 releases. Released Aug 25, 2009

Batman: Arkham Asylum puts you behind the cowl of the iconic Dark Knight, fighting his way through Arkham Asylum to stop the Joker from enacting a sinister plot that would have grave consequences for Gotham City.

I'm not going to get this when it's first out BUT.......

trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By trophyhunter

Mark  Hammils  joker is the best thing ever. 
    I could listen to it all day. Its nostalgic of my youth and the only way I can even imagine the joker sounding.

spacedogg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By spacedogg

word
    CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By CL60

I also like Kevin Conroys batman. I also like that for pretty much everybody in this game they got the voice actor from the cartoon. Mark Hammils Joker is indeed awesome though.

trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4  Edited By trophyhunter
    @CL60 said:
    "  I also like Kevin Conroys batman. I also like that for pretty much everybody in this game they got the voice actor from the cartoon. Mark Hammils Joker is indeed awesome though. "
    yeah a not so gravel voiced batman is much better.
    ArcBorealis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By ArcBorealis

Agreed. The voices are just great. Don't forget Arleen Sorkin as Harley Quinn.

Rockanomics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Rockanomics

Yes, so glad they got all those people. Although they're missing the old Commissioner Gordon, and he stood out big time to me, sounded like some meathead out of Gears or something.

MistaSparkle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#7  Edited By MistaSparkle

I haven't played the demo yet but does anyone know who plays Batman??
    c1337us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By c1337us
    @MistaSparkle: Kevin Conroy its already been mentioned.

Mark Hamill does make for a good Joker, I'll give him that.
    SpiderX20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By SpiderX20

Kevin Conroy AND Mark Hamill = WIN FOR THE FUCKIN WIN - must buy.

And Arleen Sorkin (Harley Quinn) is an extra bonus that is more WIN.

AngeTheDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By AngeTheDude

I still enjoy Jack Nicholson as himself as The Joker, since I grew up watching Batman '89.

Airconditioner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Airconditioner
    @Rockanomics said:
    " Yes, so glad they got all those people. Although they're missing the old Commissioner Gordon, and he stood out big time to me, sounded like some meathead out of Gears or something. "
    Commisioner Gordon is the voice of Mister Crabs in Spongebob. 
    Now you will never be able to look at Gordon the same way again.
    RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#12  Edited By RHCPfan24
    @Airconditioner said:
    " @Rockanomics said:
    " Yes, so glad they got all those people. Although they're missing the old Commissioner Gordon, and he stood out big time to me, sounded like some meathead out of Gears or something. "
    Commisioner Gordon is the voice of Mister Crabs in Spongebob.  Now you will never be able to look at Gordon the same way again. "
    ....Wow.....+10000000 respect to Commissioner Gordon. 

And I do agree that Mark Hamill is an awesome Joker. It is sad that that is the only thing he has really done since Star Wars, but at least it is a good role.
    CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By CL60
    @RHCPfan24 said:
    " @Airconditioner said:
    " @Rockanomics said:
    Commisioner Gordon is the voice of Mister Crabs in Spongebob.  Now you will never be able to look at Gordon the same way again. "
    ....Wow.....+10000000 respect to Commissioner Gordon.   And I do agree that Mark Hamill is an awesome Joker. It is sad that that is the only thing he has really done since Star Wars, but at least it is a good role. "
    He has done shit loads of voices since star wars dude.
    RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By RHCPfan24
    @CL60 said:

" @RHCPfan24 said:

" @Airconditioner said:
    " @Rockanomics said:
    ....Wow.....+10000000 respect to Commissioner Gordon.   And I do agree that Mark Hamill is an awesome Joker. It is sad that that is the only thing he has really done since Star Wars, but at least it is a good role. "
    He has done shit loads of voices since star wars dude. "
    Well, yes he has, you're right. But The Joker is about the only notable thing of the bunch. Ask anyone about Mark Hamill and they will say "Luke Skywalker" and, if you are lucky, "The Joker." I am just saying there is nothing else that is near that quality in his resume.
    CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By CL60
    @RHCPfan24 said:
    " @CL60 said:

" @RHCPfan24 said:

" @Airconditioner said:
    " @Rockanomics said:
    He has done shit loads of voices since star wars dude. "
    Well, yes he has, you're right. But The Joker is about the only notable thing of the bunch. Ask anyone about Mark Hamill and they will say "Luke Skywalker" and, if you are lucky, "The Joker." I am just saying there is nothing else that is near that quality in his resume. "
    Yeah, I guess so. Although I myself wouldn't mind being known for only Luke Skywalker and The Joker regardless of what else I may have done :P Those are 2 pretty awesome things to be known for.
    Airconditioner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Airconditioner
    @RHCPfan24: In a sense, yes. Mark Hamill hasn't done anything major after Star WArs, but if you remember the fact that he has done mostly voice work; how many voice actors can you name? How many roles do you remember them for?
    RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By RHCPfan24
    @CL60: Yes, indeed. Those two roles are very prestigious. 

@Airconditioner: I say what you mean, yeah. Voice actors aren't really remembered in the same sense as other actors. However, all I am saying is that, post-car crash, Mark Hamill really didn't do anything notable besides the Joker since Luke. Sure, he has a large quantity of stuff but none of it really has a profound impact when you think about his career today. But, as CL60 said, he did two kick-ass roles at least.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.