Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Batman: Arkham Asylum

Game » consists of 28 releases. Released Aug 25, 2009

Batman: Arkham Asylum puts you behind the cowl of the iconic Dark Knight, fighting his way through Arkham Asylum to stop the Joker from enacting a sinister plot that would have grave consequences for Gotham City.

Just finished Asylum; What I Hope They Fix in City

BionicRadd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By BionicRadd

Not prattle on too long here, but I thought I would get folks thoughts on Asylum and see if anyone else shared my feelings on what was probably the worst part of the game for me; boss fights. Of the boss fights, the only one I genuinely liked was Poison Ivy's. The Scarecrow encounter would have been ok, once, but by the third time, I wanted to stab someone in the face. Bane was ok until you realize that he was basically a training session for fighting the Titan Soldiers. Croc was plain ole tedius the whole way and the final showdown with Joker ended up being another round of fighting the same thugs you'd been fighting the entire time. Ivy was fun, though. Nice mix of mechanics and I love mobile fights that get more complicated as I go.

It really is a shame, because I love everything else about AA. I borrowed it from a friend, but I'll buy it to go around and collect all the interview reels, because they're fascinating. I also love running around trying to work through finding all the hidden items.

My main hope for Arkham City is simply more engaging boss battles. Batman can fight, but he's also quite brilliant, so I'd love to see fights that require just as much thought as brute force. If I end up in a fist fight with Riddler or Two Face in AC, that is going to bum me out, big time.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.