Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Batman: Arkham Asylum

Game » consists of 28 releases. Released Aug 25, 2009

Batman: Arkham Asylum puts you behind the cowl of the iconic Dark Knight, fighting his way through Arkham Asylum to stop the Joker from enacting a sinister plot that would have grave consequences for Gotham City.

Progression Stopping Glitch?

Slaker117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#1  Edited By Slaker117

I'm not sure what to do after the sequence in the mason library with the falling chandelier. I've looked at some walkthoughs and from what I can tell, the second scarecrow scene is supposed to start when walking down the hall in the next room. This doesn't happen. I've wandered all the way outdoors before realizing that I didn't have an objective. Am I missing something or has my game just died? And if this is a known glitch, is there anyway to fix it? Because as much as I loved playing  so far, I really don't want to have to do it all over, especially since I've been on hard. Any information would be great. Thanks.

Slaker117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Slaker117

Just to clarify, I know that the scarecrow sequence is meant to look glitchy. That's not the problem though. The hall that you walk down forever is just the normal hall you walked in through. I can get to any other part of the map even though that scarecrow part is supposed to trigger in that room.

I really like this game and want to beat it, but starting over after putting time in on hard is just heartbreaking. If there is no way to recover my progress I might just return it. Two other games lost progress on me this week, and a third would be too much. Investing time and effort into something and having it fall apart for no good reason really sucks.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By AhmadMetallic

you sound screwed ! 

if the hall doesnt get all trippy which leads to the scarecrow sequence, then yes my good man you're unable to progress.   How to initiate the hall trippiness, is something i dont know 

good luck !

eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By eroticfishcake

I've no idea how to fix this but I'm guessing you're playing the 360 version?

Slaker117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Slaker117

Yeah, 360. Is this something that has happened to others, or is the 360 just more glitch prone in general?

234r2we232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 16

#6  Edited By 234r2we232

I've played through the entire game almost twice (progressing through hard atm) on my 360 and everything has run smooth for me.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By LiquidPrince
    @Slaker117 said:
    " Just to clarify, I know that the scarecrow sequence is meant to look glitchy. That's not the problem though. The hall that you walk down forever is just the normal hall you walked in through. I can get to any other part of the map even though that scarecrow part is supposed to trigger in that room.  I really like this game and want to beat it, but starting over after putting time in on hard is just heartbreaking. If there is no way to recover my progress I might just return it. Two other games lost progress on me this week, and a third would be too much. Investing time and effort into something and having it fall apart for no good reason really sucks. "
    I know the section you are talking about and am 99% sure your not glitched. I just can't remember what to do. But I remeber encountering something similar.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.