Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Batman: Arkham Asylum

Game » consists of 28 releases. Released Aug 25, 2009

Batman: Arkham Asylum puts you behind the cowl of the iconic Dark Knight, fighting his way through Arkham Asylum to stop the Joker from enacting a sinister plot that would have grave consequences for Gotham City.

REVIEW: Batman: Arkham Asylum

PixelResponse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

Edited By PixelResponse

I grew up as a fan of Batman.  There are few memories I remember with such fondness as getting the Bat-mobile on Christmas morning or coming home to watch the original Batman cartoon that my grandmother had recorded for me on VHS while I was stuck at school.  Growing up as a Batman-kid, I have been with the “world’s greatest detective” to “the caped crusader” to “the dark knight” and have loved most of the representations of such for differing reasons, however the Arkham Asylum: A Serious House on Serious Earth graphic novel absolutely blew me away.  Arkham has long been more of a representation of the criminally insane than a fictional building in a fictional universe, and it seems appropriate that a Batman game step back into the dark comic world that Frank Miller (The Dark Knightseries) and Alan Moore (The Killing Joke) helped create rather than follow the new Christopher Nolan trend as of recent.

View whole article here!
    PixelResponse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By PixelResponse

I grew up as a fan of Batman.  There are few memories I remember with such fondness as getting the Bat-mobile on Christmas morning or coming home to watch the original Batman cartoon that my grandmother had recorded for me on VHS while I was stuck at school.  Growing up as a Batman-kid, I have been with the “world’s greatest detective” to “the caped crusader” to “the dark knight” and have loved most of the representations of such for differing reasons, however the Arkham Asylum: A Serious House on Serious Earth graphic novel absolutely blew me away.  Arkham has long been more of a representation of the criminally insane than a fictional building in a fictional universe, and it seems appropriate that a Batman game step back into the dark comic world that Frank Miller (The Dark Knightseries) and Alan Moore (The Killing Joke) helped create rather than follow the new Christopher Nolan trend as of recent.

View whole article here!
    LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By LiquidPrince

Really nice review. Well done, and I totally agree. I loved that they used the voice actors from the animated series, and was delighted to hear that Harley was voiced properly as well.

MAguilera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

#3  Edited By MAguilera

Magnificent review, and I completely agree about detective mode.  I've had to force myself to turn it off so I could actually see the game at some point.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.