Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Batman: Arkham Asylum

Game » consists of 28 releases. Released Aug 25, 2009

Batman: Arkham Asylum puts you behind the cowl of the iconic Dark Knight, fighting his way through Arkham Asylum to stop the Joker from enacting a sinister plot that would have grave consequences for Gotham City.

You don't have to lock me up in Arkham Asylum!

Avatar image for the_philosopher
    The_Philosopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 8

Edited By The_Philosopher

I bought this game on Wednesday. I believe I am now at the last boss. I must say that it's a blast. I'm not a huge Batman fan or anything but I enjoy doing all the Batmaney things this game allows you to do. This game does a great job at covering everything I would expect Bruce Wayne to be doing. Beating dudes senseless, doing some light detective work, sneaking around, throwing batarangs from the shadows, fighting crazy evil villians, saving helpless people, using his high tech gadgets to solve problems, escaping near death situations and above all being ultra badass.  
              I have enjoyed every second of this game... until I got to what I believe is the last boss. So I have come to ask some help.   

*UPDATE* 
    I actually just figured out what I was doing wrong and I beat the last boss. Scroll down for details but beware of spoilers!

******SPOILER ALERT!!!!!********** 

So, I just got to the part where Joker injects himself with his venom formula stuff. My understanding is you have to beat up his henchmen then when he turns his back you must pull him down with the Bat Claw and punch him in the face. Ok so I did that, I actually got him down to the last third of his health, then I died. When I tried again for the life of me I can't seem to pull him down. I don't know why but I mash on that goddamned A button as fast as I can but I can't get him down. Is there anywhere I should stand? Maybe my A button is just busted. Did anyone else have this problem?  

Fucking Batman was only $43.88 but it's going to cost me a new controller, maybe even a TV if I don't figure out what to do soon!  

*UPDATE!*  

I just beat Batman Arkham Asylum. I figured out that I was mashing the A button too fast! In order to pull Joker down I had to pace my pressing along to the button on screen, kind of like getting back up when you're downed in Gears of War. Needless to say I feel very silly.
    The_Philosopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By The_Philosopher

I bought this game on Wednesday. I believe I am now at the last boss. I must say that it's a blast. I'm not a huge Batman fan or anything but I enjoy doing all the Batmaney things this game allows you to do. This game does a great job at covering everything I would expect Bruce Wayne to be doing. Beating dudes senseless, doing some light detective work, sneaking around, throwing batarangs from the shadows, fighting crazy evil villians, saving helpless people, using his high tech gadgets to solve problems, escaping near death situations and above all being ultra badass.  
              I have enjoyed every second of this game... until I got to what I believe is the last boss. So I have come to ask some help.   

*UPDATE* 
    I actually just figured out what I was doing wrong and I beat the last boss. Scroll down for details but beware of spoilers!

******SPOILER ALERT!!!!!********** 

So, I just got to the part where Joker injects himself with his venom formula stuff. My understanding is you have to beat up his henchmen then when he turns his back you must pull him down with the Bat Claw and punch him in the face. Ok so I did that, I actually got him down to the last third of his health, then I died. When I tried again for the life of me I can't seem to pull him down. I don't know why but I mash on that goddamned A button as fast as I can but I can't get him down. Is there anywhere I should stand? Maybe my A button is just busted. Did anyone else have this problem?  

Fucking Batman was only $43.88 but it's going to cost me a new controller, maybe even a TV if I don't figure out what to do soon!  

*UPDATE!*  

I just beat Batman Arkham Asylum. I figured out that I was mashing the A button too fast! In order to pull Joker down I had to pace my pressing along to the button on screen, kind of like getting back up when you're downed in Gears of War. Needless to say I feel very silly.
    mark2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By mark2000

So you're saying that you've already grappled Joker for the 3rd time but can't pull him down during the quick time event?

The_Philosopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By The_Philosopher
    @mark2000:
    I was mashing the button too hard. It's the same when you pull walls down with the bat claw, you have to kind of speed up as batman is pulling further back on screen. It's hard to explain but it seems to me that you just can't mash on the button, there's a little bit of pacing required. After trying for a while my finger just got tried so I slowed down and that's when I realized you had to start slow.
    mark2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By mark2000

I personally never noticed a difference between synchronizing my button pressing with the flashing of the button icon; and machine-gunning the controller. The whole thing seems like just a pointless quick-time event they shoe-horned there for giggles.

gearhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#5  Edited By gearhead

Wow I just glanced at the word injecting and I knew exactly what happens to Joker....
    Not your fault, just my stupid curiosity.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.