Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Batman: Arkham City

Game » consists of 23 releases. Released Oct 18, 2011

When Gotham City's slums have been transformed into a secluded super-prison, it's up to Batman to uncover its conspiracy in the sequel to 2009's Batman: Arkham Asylum.

A Question About Skins

cavemantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By cavemantom

I'm planning on running to the store soon to pick up a NOS energy drink for the Batman Beyond skin code, but I have a couple questions about the alternate Batman skins before I do so.

For anyone who has used either the Beyond or Dark Knight Returns skins: does anything about Batman's animations change?

Without having seen either in motion, it seems like the Dark Knight Returns skin would clip through itself with some of his animations, and the Beyond suit is supposed to function very differently from the standard Batman getup-- does it have rocket feet? Did it grow a cape just to fit the existing mechanics?

Also, does batman's face still animate properly while talking when using alternate skins? When playing Captain America with the alternate costumes, I noticed that he only had mouth animations roughly half the time. Do Batman's alternate costumes measure up?

Bestostero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Bestostero

You can look up how these outfits play on youtube and see for yourself first hand! :)

Andorski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Andorski

I have the Batman Beyond skin. Everything seems the same other than the suit itself. No rocket feet - he still uses the grapple hook.

takahashi69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By takahashi69

What about us poor PC users in that purchased it in Steam. Do we get these skins?

DeF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By DeF

@takahashi69 said:

What about us poor PC users in that purchased it in Steam. Do we get these skins?

they said long ago that all these pre-order things will be available for purchase by everyone later on

takahashi69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By takahashi69

@DeF: Thanks. I must have missed that part.

Djratchet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By Djratchet

Everything seems to animate real nicely. Specifically in the case of the Beyond skin, the wings/cape he uses to glide sprout out when needed, just like they do in the show.

daiphyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By daiphyer

I am more curious to see those skins that were different from the game's art. The animated series skin, and the one that made Batman all beefy looking.

However, since they are being released in December, I went ahead and finished the New Game+.

DarkChris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By DarkChris

I have all the skins (except the Sinestro one) and the animation is the same.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.