Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Batman: Arkham City

Game » consists of 23 releases. Released Oct 18, 2011

When Gotham City's slums have been transformed into a secluded super-prison, it's up to Batman to uncover its conspiracy in the sequel to 2009's Batman: Arkham Asylum.

Combat much harder on PC with max FPS?

Jedted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

I recently installed the GOTY edition to test out my new video card and i'm not sure if it's just cause i'm rusty but i noticed i'm taking a lot of hits in combat. It's been a while since i played on the 360 but i remember i got pretty confident near the end(not so much to do the Extreme challenges but enough to feel badass).

Playing on PC with highest graphics settings i'm noticing how smooth the combat looks and i wonder, does higher FPS actually increase the difficulty?

sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 45

Probably just a mental thing. When I played on PC I didn't really have that issue but maybe its that your eyes and muscle memory were used to the other? Not sure.

Jedted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

@sammo21: You're probably right. As i said, it's been a while since i played on 360 and last time a played the PC version i had a less than recommended GPU.

Quick follow-up question: i turned off V-sync cause i hear that it can cause controller latency in some games. Is that common in the Batman games? Also, are the DX11 features worth it? I tried having on in the benchmark but my FPS to a big hit.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.