Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Batman: Arkham City

Game » consists of 23 releases. Released Oct 18, 2011

When Gotham City's slums have been transformed into a secluded super-prison, it's up to Batman to uncover its conspiracy in the sequel to 2009's Batman: Arkham Asylum.

I want to know about the side missions.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By NTM

OK, so yesterday, I had finally bought this game, and I played it for a good amount of hours until early this morning before I decided to go to sleep. Anyways, I think I have about four or five hours left, I'm not entirely sure, but what I want to know is before I start playing again, will I be able to do all the side missions after I beat the game? At the beginning, the one little thing I disliked (though still like in a way) was that I felt overwhelmed with side activities, 'cause I want to do them all, but there came a time very early on that I had decided to just do them all after the game instead of trying to cram them in with the rest of the main story, will I be able to? Can I even play on, on the same profile after the game's finished like Arkham Asylum (no spoilers required)? Thanks.

buft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By buft

Yeh, you can still do side missions after the story is finished

Twisted_Scot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Twisted_Scot

Once i cleared the main story it seemed like it was done. It started me back as catwoman in the city But since I hated all the catwoman stuff I just left it there so I'd also be curious to know.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By NTM

@buft said:

Alright, thank you. That's all I needed. Time to play.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By ShaggE

If I can make a suggestion, leave it until you've started NG+ if you plan on doing so, because NG+ resets all the side stuff (and honestly, there are a couple of side missions you probably won't want to redo).

RyuHayabusa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By RyuHayabusa

Yes

Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By Dany

@ShaggE said:

If I can make a suggestion, leave it until you've started NG+ if you plan on doing so, because NG+ resets all the side stuff (and honestly, there are a couple of side missions you probably won't want to redo).

Yeah. I'd go with this. Stuff for Bane are marked on the story path but some of them are random and aren't indicated in the world where the next step would be.

ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#8  Edited By ProfessorEss

Like Shag and Dany said, I'd save the extras for later.

The "open world" aspects of Arkham City almost ruined the game for me. When I decided to just focus on the main line I found the game took on a much better much pace.

fox01313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

#9  Edited By fox01313

Some of the extras aren't too hard (like the ones involving Bane or the mysterious figure) as you will be in those areas & they are quick, others like the serial killer/hitman take a bit more time. Glad that once you get done with the game you can just jump between Catwoman & Batman to take care of any loose ends.

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By mordukai

@ProfessorEss said:

Like Shag and Dany said, I'd save the extras for later.

The "open world" aspects of Arkham City almost ruined the game for me. When I decided to just focus on the main line I found the game took on a much better much pace.

Same here. I found the whole "Open World" aspect to have a rather devastating to the pace and the quality of the story. The other thing I didn't like about the open world aspect is that everything looked the same. Arkham Asylum had different areas with a different personality.

That being said. I didn't think the game was bad, but that Arkham Asylum was better.

@NTM said:

@buft said:

Alright, thank you. That's all I needed. Time to play.

They were more daunting then entertaining as they were just a "Lets get on the Batman ride". Side mission were mindless fan service.

ScoreSetter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 24

#11  Edited By ScoreSetter

@Mordukai said:

Side mission were mindless fan service.

I liked em for that. I also don't mind repetitive tasks when the ways of accomplishing the tasks are fun to control though.

Also, do the first four Augmented Reality Training exercises quick. The gadget you get then makes traversal faster and more fun :)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.