Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Batman: Arkham City

Game » consists of 23 releases. Released Oct 18, 2011

When Gotham City's slums have been transformed into a secluded super-prison, it's up to Batman to uncover its conspiracy in the sequel to 2009's Batman: Arkham Asylum.

Trouble with Last Catwoman Mission

Slaker117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#1  Edited By Slaker117

Or at least I assume it's the last, seeing as it comes after the credits.

So, playing on hard, I've hit a wall here. I'm stuck trying to take down Two-Face and his men. Everything I try results in a quick failure, and there isn't much to try because Catwoman really lacks effective predator abilities. The hint the game keeps throwing at me is to focus on Two-Face and not his thugs because they respawn, but I can't find much that allows me to attack anyone, let alone the man with a rocket launcher. With Catwoman's more limited and slightly temperamental traversal mechanics, getting to an enemy, beating them up, and returning to somewhere safe is a pretty significant challenge. I can only manage one or two goes before I invariably hit a snag and bite the dust. I've spent way too long on this, it feels much harder than anything I encountered previously. If anyone has tips for how they beat it, I'd love to hear them. I'm about ready to chuck my controller out the window.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By CL60

I don't think they respawn if they never find out you're there. At least they didn't for me. What I did was take out everybody except two face and the guy beside him, nobody respawned, then I did a silent takedown on two face, and quickly turned around and ripped the gun out of the other guys hands and beat him down before two face got back up, then beat down two face pretty easily because his health goes down fast.

Avatar image for sethphotopoulos
    SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By SethPhotopoulos

Sneak up behind someone on a different floor from Two-Face. If Two Face is up top do it to someone on the bottom and Vice-Versa. While using the silent take down use the knock down thing so everyone will want to rush down there to check it out. Sneak away immediately after taking him down the go up to Two-Face. You'll want to sneak up on him but if you get close enough and he turns around just because he's making his rounds mash that punch button. After he's knocked down run away and repeat.

Slaker117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Slaker117

Thanks for the advice, but I'm still not getting anywhere. I can't constantly isolate Two-Face, and I must be missing something, because more often than not what I think is a clean getaway ends with me getting shot swinging to a gargoyle. Getting seen at all is a death sentence, and for some reason the enemies seem to track me better here than at any other point in the game.

SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By SethPhotopoulos
    @Slaker117 said:
    Thanks for the advice, but I'm still not getting anywhere. I can't constantly isolate Two-Face, and I must be missing something, because more often than not what I think is a clean getaway ends with me getting shot swinging to a gargoyle. Getting seen at all is a death sentence, and for some reason the enemies seem to track me better here than at any other point in the game.
    Don't swing to the gargoyle.  What I did was go down after I put some hits on Two-Face.  There is a vent on the bottom floor that's near the grates that leads to an area that the thugs can't get to unless you destroyed the concrete wall as Batman or you broke through the cardboard wall.  If you go deep into that vent they won't see you.  
    Slaker117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Slaker117
    @SethPhotopoulos: Yeah, I know what place you're talking about, but I have trouble getting out of there. It's very safe, but going from there to the upper level, where Two-Face seems to spend  most of his time, is dangerous. It doesn't help that a thug always seems to hang about the boss man no matter how much noise I make elsewhere in the building.

*Sigh* Guess I just have to be keep at it. One of these times things will break my way, right?
    SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By SethPhotopoulos
    @Slaker117 said:
    @SethPhotopoulos: Yeah, I know what place you're talking about, but I have trouble getting out of there. It's very safe, but going from there to the upper level, where Two-Face seems to spend  most of his time, is dangerous. It doesn't help that a thug always seems to hang about the boss man no matter how much noise I make elsewhere in the building.  *Sigh* Guess I just have to be keep at it. One of these times things will break my way, right?
    That vent leads to the back room with 2 other ways out of it.  When everyone rushes down stairs wait a few seconds and go up using the stairs instead of using her whip, always crawling.  Sneak up behind his guard and use the knockout smash then immediately try to punch him until he's knocked down then run away by diving to a lower floor and into that wall again.
    Slaker117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Slaker117
    @SethPhotopoulos: Sound strategy, but with dynamic AI being, well... dynamic, things don't always happen right. Finally beat it using that general approach, but I spent literally 40 minutes waiting in a corner to get a clear path on my victorious run. Thanks though!
    CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By CL60

You guys are really complicating things.. literally all I did was take out everybody in the room, then go beat up Two-Face, nobody respawned.

hbkdx12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By hbkdx12
    I got lucky

I killed the guy on the right that's by himself. Then snuck out onto the bridge where two-face and the other guy was. Did a silent takedown on two-face (why didn't i do it to the guy he was with first, i dunno) then jumped to a gargoyle. Then they saw the guy i originally took out and they all went there and for whatever reason two face went downstairs by himself where i did another silent takedown and just kept punching him till the cutscene rolled
    Slaker117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Slaker117
    @CL60 said:

You guys are really complicating things.. literally all I did was take out everybody in the room, then go beat up Two-Face, nobody respawned.

People were definitely respawning. Even if it was silent and no one saw the body.
    CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By CL60

@Slaker117 said:

@CL60 said:

People were definitely respawning. Even if it was silent and no one saw the body.

Not for me, took everybody out, and they stayed out. I died a few times, because I didn't know what I was doing at first, but every time, they never respawned.

myslead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By myslead

@CL60 said:

@Slaker117 said:

@CL60 said:

Not for me, took everybody out, and they stayed out. I died a few times, because I didn't know what I was doing at first, but every time, they never respawned.

^ this

if you don't alert any guards, they don't respawn.

Slaker117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Slaker117
    @CL60: @myslead: Just curious, were either of you playing on hard?
    CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By CL60

@Slaker117 said:

@CL60: @myslead: Just curious, were either of you playing on hard?

Yes, I was.

lusence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#16  Edited By lusence

throw some caltrops and jump on the guy next to 2 face, then put the beat down on two face making sure you watch out for any badies creeping on you with guns, just take out 2 face asap and throw a few punches or whip graple at the guys coming for you.....

lclay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#17  Edited By lclay

@myslead said:

@CL60 said:

@Slaker117 said:

@CL60 said:

^ this

if you don't alert any guards, they don't respawn.

Have to emphasise that this works. I died about 5 times trying to do it like Batman, i.e. scaring the shit out of them and using the confusion to beat down some dudes, but this doesn't work. If you're stealthy and take the guards out without alerting anyone (and it's not very hard; I did it on my first attempt) then you can just go up to Two-face and the last guy on the bridge, knock down two face, knock out the last guard next to him and then beat the crap out of two face for about 30 seconds.

cavemantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By cavemantom

Easymode: Get up to a gargoyle. Get to the far end of the room. Whip to the bridge while Two-face has his back to you. Ledge takedown when he comes back around. Back up to the gargoyles while he gets back to his feet-- pounce. A combo or two should finish him off, and you should only have to deal with two guards, tops, while Two-face is staggered.

That was the most anticlimactic fight imaginable after I spent a half an hour taking out guards before realizing they respawn. All they would've needed to do is have anyone mention the word "reinforcements" at any point and I would've immediately understood that taking down guards was pointless. As if a multiple personality psychopath screaming for help is supposed to convey that information...

huntad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 13

#19  Edited By huntad

@Slaker117 said:

@CL60 said:

You're correct in saying that they respawn. I've tested this extensively and I can say that if you take everyone out, the second you attack Two Face or he spots you, the enemies start respawning. Best plan is to take everyone out except for Two Face and the thug on the bridge with him. Do not be seen. Then silent kill to a slam on the thug and beat up Two Face before the respawned enemies can get to you. I've tried it on Regular mode and New Game + and it works on both.

Dreamfall31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Dreamfall31

I had trouble with it as well on Normal. Guys DEFINATELY respawned. I took out every single one, made sure with my theif vision. As I was in theif vision more guys appeared out of nowhere, really cheap. It took me a good hour to complete. I like playing as Catwoman so it was fun despite how long it took.

Crash_Happy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#21  Edited By Crash_Happy

@CL60: Yeah exactly. I don't know, sometimes in games things go your way and sometimes they don't. I had no trouble with it at all. Although, I did have a maxxed out Catwoman.

SamStrife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By SamStrife

I had no problem with it. I silent takedowned all the guards with ease and none respawned. Then al I did was hit Harv a couple of times and then it was done. I found it incredibly easy to be honest :/

LiquidSaiyan3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#23  Edited By LiquidSaiyan3

Wow. I didn't even realized that they respawned. Makes sense I guess.

I also played on Hard, but I got this on my second try. After surveying the area for a bit I ended up staying on the bottom floor in the back corner and silently took guys out while hiding either under the floor or on the ceiling or just behind cover. Once I had that floor clear I only had Two-Face and the other goon on the bridge to worry about.

For the last 2 I whipped up to a gargoyle and pounced on Two-Face's cohort when he wasn't looking and then immediately started wailing on Dent. The weird thing was when I put him down someone started shooting me (luckily I was saved by the cutscene). I assumed it was the guy who I pounced on and didn't knock out, but now I'm thinking some reinforcements came in.

Anyway, I took my time in this room (at least 40 minutes) and it seems to me that you need to only use silent takedowns (don't use any knockout smashes as they get unwanted attention). I never noticed anyone respawn in that room.

Avatar image for the_hiro_abides
    the_hiro_abides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#24  Edited By the_hiro_abides

@Slaker117: I beat it on hard with a brute force strategy that relies more on reflexes and maybe luck. So first I crawled my way to the first guard on the right, silent take down, and wait by the corner for Two-Face to face the entrance while his dialogue is running. Sometimes he will randomly spend more time facing the other way, that probably works too. Sneak up on the guard close, another silent take down. Then I just beat up Two-Face while throwing quick bolas at guards from either part of the bridge. Using that strategy, I got it in a few tries.

EuanDewar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#25  Edited By EuanDewar

I basically cheesed it, accidentally at that. I accidentally threw her batarang-equivalent thingy and attracted all the guards to me then in a panic I just rushed over to Two-Face and beat the shit out of him whilst his guards were on the other side of the room.

RJMacReady

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#26  Edited By RJMacReady

I really didn't have a problem with this. Initially two faces henchman where spread out and i was able to neutralize two or three of them but after the third his men started to aggregate and one thing you learn in this game is when enemies aggregate with guns you do not engage them. What i did was take out a henchman in the lower level and his entire crew when down their to respond, but two face remains on the upper level, you simply attack him from teh back with Y and just repeat. Also there is a hole in the floor that leads to the first floor behind some destructible walls, this is a really good way to move between levels.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.