Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Batman: Arkham City

Game » consists of 23 releases. Released Oct 18, 2011

When Gotham City's slums have been transformed into a secluded super-prison, it's up to Batman to uncover its conspiracy in the sequel to 2009's Batman: Arkham Asylum.

What's Up With the GOTY Ed. EU Release?

Cincaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Cincaid

So apparently the GOTY edition is released in EU September 7th. I write apparently, because it seems no retailer is agreeing with that date. Way back in time, all the way back in April, the GOTY edition was released in the US, and EU players were left with the "sorry, it's coming out September 7th in your region lols"-message.

Fast forward 4 months, and a mere week away from the release date, but it seems no retailer knows about it. Amazon.co.uk only lists a NTSC import (and they're usually quick about putting up products for pre-ordering), my usual swedish online retailer don't know what I'm asking for, and my two local physical stores have no idea what I'm babbling about.

So does anyone know what's going on? Google only gives me news stories from April, when the lucky US players got their release. I want this quite badly, or am I stuck with buying the regular version and the DLC seperately?

EDIT 9/20: Apparently it's delayed until November 2nd in EU. :(

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#2  Edited By Hizang

I don't know, but I'm happy with my Tesco Limited Edition Exclusive Joker Case.

Icebuncle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Icebuncle

I've been waiting for news ragarding this too.

Game.co.uk and play.com has the GOTY edition listed for release on November 2.

I usually do my game shopping from Play and they have proved very reliable, so maybe this is a new date?

Cincaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Cincaid

@Icebuncle: Huh, interesting. Well, November 2nd is better than nothing at all. Just curious why no retailer know anything about it, and why the date was put forward...

Icebuncle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Icebuncle

@Cincaid: I have no idea. And the Rocksteady official forums still state that the game will be released on September 7. I also checked some Norwegian game stores online and they don't have the game listed at all. I'm just as confused as you.

Cincaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Cincaid

@Icebuncle: Getting more and more confusing, but a September 7th release seems doubtful at this point. I sent tweets to WB Games (and WB Games UK) asking about it, hopfully they can shed some light on it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.