Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Batman: Arkham Knight

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Jun 23, 2015

Developer Rocksteady's return to the Batman series takes place one year after the events of Arkham City. It expands the open world from the previous game and allows players to finally drive the Batmobile throughout Gotham City's streets.

Arkham Knight is returning to Steam on Oct. 28th

• 59 results
    jsnyder82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By jsnyder82

@wacomole: 16gb.

Plus i have two 780ti's and have tried the game both with SLI enabled and without it. Still a ton of stuttering and slowdown.

brandondryrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Plus i have two 780ti's and have tried the game both with SLI enabled and without it. Still a ton of stuttering and slowdown.

They said they are still working with Nvidia and AMD to get SLI/Crossfire support enabled.

jsnyder82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By jsnyder82

@brandondryrock: Yes, which is why I tried disabling it. And it still sucks. Plus this is 2015 and SLI should have been supported from the beginning.

DarkbeatDK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 22

It fixed my version so that it crashes on bootup... I'm gonna try and uninstall it and reinstall it again to see if that does the trick.

brandondryrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By brandondryrock

@jsnyder82: This has been the craziest game launch I've witnessed. Like you said, it is 2015. I can't believe this was allowed to happen.

Oh, also something really funny about the PC version now. When the splash screen loads up, the speed limit sign now says "60" instead of "30." Someone posted that on reddit and I found it amusing.

jsnyder82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@brandondryrock: The level of incompetence from the people who ported this game is STAG-GER-ING.

Lukeweizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

@lukeweizer said:
    @believer258 said:

Too late. Bought the Xbox One version.

You sure showed them.

I sure did!

To be fair, my brother got Arkham Knight with his graphics card and he actually finished the game on PC a week or two after release. I would have waited for the PC release (and then a Steam sale), but I had a shiny new Xbox One and wanted something to play on it that I couldn't play on PC (and it seems like buying it even now is a risk). Given all of the hullabaloo surrounding the PC release of this game, I probably won't even touch it at all until it goes on sale for $5.00 on Steam.

Oh I don't blame you. I only got it on PC because the price was discounted (not the 40% the weekend before release, few months prior to that). I have a 3 year old card and it ran like shit the first day, but then I downloaded those drivers AMD released and the game was totally playable for me. Occasional dips in frame rate, but nothing really holding me back from playing it. Didn't particularly enjoy the game, but that's a different story.

The whole experience has really made me weary of PC games and pre-ordering. Yes, I know you'll always run this risk when buying a game before it's actually released, but I just like to have the game downloaded and ready to go for 9pm (PST) the night before official release. Really holding out hope that Fallout 4 performs well on the lower end spectrum.

Wacomole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#58  Edited By Wacomole

@justicejanitor said:

@wacomole: 12 GB on my end.

Hmmm...interesting. That's the amount that the devs are now recommending for the game to play smoothly, avoiding the need to page out memory.

...which is surprising as it appeared that most people with 16GB or more were not seeing as many problems. This whole thing is confusing.

I think I'll give it another try over the weekend.

justicejanitor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wacomole: I saw that. Granted, I haven't played all that much since the patch and all I did was some flying and driving around Gotham. I'm getting low framerates (40-ish) but I don't get any gigantic frame drops and stuttering all over the place like I did on release. If I lock it at 30, it doesn't seem to go bellow that.

I'm also using a GTX 770 and a i7 920 OC'ed at 3.2 GHz.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.