Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Batman: Arkham Knight

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Jun 23, 2015

Developer Rocksteady's return to the Batman series takes place one year after the events of Arkham City. It expands the open world from the previous game and allows players to finally drive the Batmobile throughout Gotham City's streets.

Batman: Arkham Knight's New Date Is June 2

• 83 results
    chrollo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

so the game is already out :D....oh wait that June 2nd.

JonnyAshley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm not the automobile this city needs, but the one it deserves.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fc86d541ecee
    deactivated-5fc86d541ecee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@corruptedevil said:
    @vuud said:

@danteveli said:

Really? They are taking a pre-order for a title coming out in almost a year?

Hey man, some people still held on to their Duke Nukem Forever pre-orders for all those years. Depends on how devoted you really are!

They started taking preorders before it was delayed though, in like May.

The game's announcement trailer ended with "Pre-order now to play as Harley Quinn". Hell, pre-orders went up for Uncharted 4 after that teaser from Sony's pre-launch thing last year, probably a good two years before it will come out. It's the sad state of the industry right now.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#54  Edited By Corevi
    @friendlyphoenix said:

Hell, pre-orders went up for Uncharted 4 after that teaser from Sony's pre-launch thing last year, probably a good two years before it will come out. It's the sad state of the industry right now.

That's retailers though, it's not like they put a big AVAILABLE FOR PREORDER NOW at the end of that teaser. All a retailer needs to take preorders is the name of the game.

Faythdream10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bah, now I'll have to wait a bit longer to hear Jeff complain again about how the Batmobile controls.

Fearbeard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#56  Edited By Fearbeard

At least it will give us something to do early next summer.

Though I wouldn't be surprised to see it get pushed back to late August.

PatODay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By PatODay

Right before Wayne Enterprises rolls out the 2016 model Batmobile. How convenient.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#58  Edited By Humanity

His suit in Arkham Asylum was perfect. I don't understand why they keep evolving it into power armor, unless secretly they're working up to the Knightquest saga in which case I'm all for that, Azrael was pretty neat.

Wampa1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanity: I kind of hate it whenever the batsuit ends up basically being Iron Man armor, isn't the point of batman that he's basically just an incredibly well trained guy in a bulletproof/scary costume? I really liked the Origins look though.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

@wampa1: That was my impression which is why I thought the Asylum suit was great. He had those big mechanized gauntlets but other than that it was a suit. In this newest iteration he literally has an Iron Man style chest chassis.

Ghostiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#61  Edited By Ghostiet

@humanity: Apparently, he only gets the enhanced armor halfway through the game once he realizes that he's not properly equipped enough, so at least it's justified.

LoktarOgar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shagge said:

@loktarogar said:

"News" like this doesn't deserve to be on the front page. You don't need more than the title to know everything that's going on. Retweeting it is more than enough.

Oh, you're the guy that sets the content standards for Giant Bomb? Hmm... odd that you'd pass down a memo via the comments, but then I'm not in the position to determine what belongs where on somebody else's website. *puts pointed emphasis on last fourteen words*

It's not an indictment, I'm just pointing out that it's kind of a waste of everyone's time, especially Patricks. Like, I've noticed that it's a slow day and there's been no Bombin in the AM today for some reason, but this is does not make up for that, and nor does it have to.

leebmx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Something seems wrong about playing a Batman game in the height of summer.

Avatar image for goulash_enjoyer
    goulash_enjoyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Another one? I liked the first game well enough but, man, they're running this into the ground.

Cold_Wolven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This comes as no surprise considering that early previews critiqued the game's performance running below acceptance.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@shagge said:

@loktarogar said:

"News" like this doesn't deserve to be on the front page. You don't need more than the title to know everything that's going on. Retweeting it is more than enough.

Oh, you're the guy that sets the content standards for Giant Bomb? Hmm... odd that you'd pass down a memo via the comments, but then I'm not in the position to determine what belongs where on somebody else's website. *puts pointed emphasis on last fourteen words*

It's not an indictment, I'm just pointing out that it's kind of a waste of everyone's time, especially Patricks. Like, I've noticed that it's a slow day and there's been no Bombin in the AM today for some reason, but this is does not make up for that, and nor does it have to.

How is it a waste of time, though? Probably took Patrick maybe two minutes to put this blurb together and upload it (and that's a generous estimate), a few seconds for us to read it, and now we know the game has had a substantial delay, fulfilling the purpose of the blurb. He could have tweeted it, sure, but only reached a tiny fraction of the site's readers.

I don't think this was intended to make up for Bombin', as that would just be bizarre.

development

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By development

Good. Hopefully this is a worthy Arkham game.

cooljammer00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Death to the summer games drought! If only they had realized summer is a great time for games to be released while I was still in school.

infantpipoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 24

So glad that a blockbuster game come out during summer.

Enigma777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

So happy this got pushed back so far! Q4 is so packed!

mbradley1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

After hearing Brad and Jeff both make remarks on separate occasions that press previews of the game were running really poorly technically, I am glad to hear that they are willing to push the date back and let it get worked out. It will hopefully help avoid the Watch Dogs syndrome of "Oh God get the game out ASAP! Cut that frame rate down! We gotta go gold!". If it came out busted or lackluster, I would be more disappointed than I am having to wait 7 more months.

It also means there's a guaranteed AAA summer game to sink into, which will certainly be welcome.

DudeLongcouch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So.... am I to understand that the $200 Batmobile edition does NOT come with the Batman statue that the cheaper limited edition comes with? Cause if so, fuuuuuuuuuuuuuck you.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So.... am I to understand that the $200 Batmobile edition does NOT come with the Batman statue that the cheaper limited edition comes with? Cause if so, fuuuuuuuuuuuuuck you.

maybe the batmobile... changes into batman...

DinosaurCanada

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By DinosaurCanada
    @ripelivejam said:

@dudelongcouch said:

maybe the batmobile... changes into batman...

What if the Batmobile was the Batman all along? What if we've been worshiping the wrong God?

Was this delayed before, or was it always slated for 2014? Can't recall. Should probably check.

EDIT: Was originally delayed in June.

AngeTheDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanity said:

His suit in Arkham Asylum was perfect. I don't understand why they keep evolving it into power armor, unless secretly they're working up to the Knightquest saga in which case I'm all for that, Azrael was pretty neat.

I feel like Bruce is actually aging in this series, which would be pretty rad and make sense.

crithon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

a reasonable date without the pressure of holiday shopping.

GunsAreDrawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aren't you meant to put sources in the article so we can actually read more about it than the little amount you cared to write?

will_m

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aren't you meant to put sources in the article so we can actually read more about it than the little amount you cared to write?

Source: Everything's getting delayed. 2015: Year of the Video Game

ddensel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Blitz_Kill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By Blitz_Kill

Oh boy. Can't wait to use detective vision, stalk people from high above, and use exact timing to counter attacks in combo-like fashion for the first time. Oh wait...................

avantegardener

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

To be quite honest, I'm relieved they are taking there time, give us some time to play the increasing deluge descending in January, hey guys, video games are back..next year.

stackboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 3

I am totally cool with a June release, give them all the time they need for a fantastic game.

Linkachu95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vuud said:

@danteveli said:

Really? They are taking a pre-order for a title coming out in almost a year?

Hey man, some people still held on to their Duke Nukem Forever pre-orders for all those years. Depends on how devoted you really are!

They started taking preorders before it was delayed though, in like May.

If a game is revealed to the public in any capacity you can bet that you will be able to pre-order it somewhere. Seems like everyone is adopting a sort of kickstarter mentality.

profbobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I preordered the batmobile edition like a sucker. Still can't wait for this business.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.