Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Batman: Arkham Knight

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Jun 23, 2015

Developer Rocksteady's return to the Batman series takes place one year after the events of Arkham City. It expands the open world from the previous game and allows players to finally drive the Batmobile throughout Gotham City's streets.

Play Diary: Batman Arkham Knight

JayCowle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By JayCowle

It has been only a short while since my last blog (if you're a Highlander) but incase you disagree I would say: 'time is a flat circle' but honesty the only way I'd comprehend that reference is if the speaker is referring to their wrist watch. So lets move on shall we... Video Games. I've played a few. Here are a few first thoughts, impressions, and gross misjudgements of a game I avoided press on and have only just dipped into. Welcome to my play diary/ spoiler town:

Batman Arkham Knight

I finally opened Batman Arkham Knight for my PS4 this week and am very much enjoying it. Yes the Batmobile does about as much for me as a ‘Batichoke' or ‘Batringue' (actually I’d really like a Bat meringue) but it is shiny.

When I’m not driving the Batmobile like I've been vaping Fear Gas, or tutting at Poision Ivy to put some trousers on I’ve marvelled at the pace of the game. For me this is what distinguishes the Arkham Knight for it’s predecessors. The Jokers in game dialogue, the Batmans ‘Wrist Pad’, and the seamless shifts from gameplay to a cinematic make the game feel more like a Tarantino flick then the ‘lets stop and have a chat’ cut scenes of old.

Scarecrow makes Marilyn Manson look like he shops in Tesco.

The increased size and height of the city is dope.

The Ridder seems like a recently divorced dad who needed someway to justify his loud taste in shirts.

I’ve loved feeling guilty as Batman. After confessing to Gorden I wanted to charge across Gotham and burn (non-lethally) all who stood between me and his daughter. Surely this is what being Batman is.

Robin needs to play his position: Fan Fiction.

---------------------------

I’ve stopped playing BAK after fighting the big dudes in the Station for the first time and being shot by the, quite frankly, jealous x-boyfriend Arkham Knight – Which coincidentally I’m guessing is Bruce Wayne’s combat consciousness gone mad from Apple updates.

I’ll be writing more short form blogs (that I won’t share to the forum – I’m not mad) as part of my play diary over the next few weeks. If you fancy adding your impressions or talking bollocks about the game that would be fun as I’m all alone and we’re all dying. In all seriousness though It would be nice to see other peoples bullet points on the game and be silly here on GB. A place full of friends I don't know.

PS If this format or my spelling/grammar/attitude annoys you I apologise and ask you to just move on with your day. There’s a guy stringing people up to opera music and I need to scan their toes.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.