Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Batman: Arkham Knight

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Jun 23, 2015

Developer Rocksteady's return to the Batman series takes place one year after the events of Arkham City. It expands the open world from the previous game and allows players to finally drive the Batmobile throughout Gotham City's streets.

Warner Bros can now claim that the PC version finally runs at 60

DarkbeatDK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 22

...at least according to the new splash screen that is part of the fix for the PC version, anyway.

No Caption Provided

Here is the old splash screen (and game cover) from the Giant Bomb archives

No Caption Provided

What an upgrade in performance! Thanks Dave Lang!

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By mike

Am I missing something here?

Zelyre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Speed limit sign now says 60?

MezZa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, speed limit sign used to say 30. Now says 60.

brandondryrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@zelyre said:

Speed limit sign now says 60?

Yeah, the old splash screen used to say 30, now it says 60. A nice little joke from the devs that would be funnier if performance was actually better. From many accounts, it hasn't improved since the interim patch in August.

Steadying

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@mike: Yes you are, the sign now says 60. Which would be a lot funnier if the game wasn't still a crap port. So it's just kinda sad.

DarkbeatDK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As far as I'm concerned, the new Speed Limit sign is the only "improvement" in performance. My game still hitches a lot, so I'd see about trying to get a refund, except I bought a code off GMG, who says they won't refund it.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By mike
    DarkbeatDK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks @mike! I had actually written them after the games re-launch but before WBIE issued the refund order, so that was why they said I couldn't get a refund. I've submitted a new ticket to them, which hopefully should get it sorted out.

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#10  Edited By GERALTITUDE

That's actually fucking amazing, in my own opinion.

Too bad about this whole bad port saga though. Batman was a franchise with such a positive legacy, mostly.

Avatar image for deactivated-64bc6edfbd9ee
    deactivated-64bc6edfbd9ee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Positive legacy? Not on pc. Asylum had issues with drm blocking paid customers (and GFWL weirdness), and origins had bugs WB said they weren't going to fix (instead focusing on DLC).

Naoiko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Such a small change...if you hadn't pointed it out I wouldn't have noticed. Very cool though.

paulmako

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That is a a hilarious dick move, but a dick move none the less.

But still hilarious. Wow.

Castiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#14  Edited By Castiel

I love Dave Lang and his contribution to this site as a friend of the giant bomb crew but this has to be the fuck up of the year in regards to video games right? I mean can't remember a big AAA release being this fucked up for so long. It's especially problematic because it runs completely fine on consoles at least.

Granted this is probably not Iron Galaxy's fault alone. WB clearly didn't prioritize the PC version and therefore they might have started working on it way too late.

This must also be hurting Rocksteadys reputation and that's a real shame because they are still a great developer in my opinion but who knows how much they had to say when it came to the PC version. WB might have put a lot of pressure on them to focus on the console version.

This whole situation has been one big mess from the beginning.

brandondryrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By brandondryrock

@castiel: There was a report on Kotaku with quotes from people close to the situation. They mentioned how six months from release, the game was a complete mess, and WB told Rocksteady to focus solely on the console versions.

I don't think we can just point blame at Iron Galaxy. Usually if an outside company is porting the game to PC, they get more than six months to work on it, and they work closely with the developer throughout the process. If you want to blame anyone, blame WB. It is incredibly ignorant to think that nobody told higher ups at WB to delay the PC port. It isn't like Rocksteady was surprised by the terrible performance. They knew, and they would have said something. WB doesn't care about the PC as a platform, so they were just gonna release and go "oops, our bad!" But because Steam refunds were introduced two weeks before the game came out, they had to do something before they lost a ton of money, and that was pull the game from sale.

EDIT: Here is the report, from former GB duder Patrick Klepek.

Castiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

@castiel: There was a report on Kotaku with quotes from people close to the situation. They mentioned how six months from release, the game was a complete mess, and they told Rocksteady to focus solely on the console versions.

Well that explains a lot then.

I also didn't say that the blame was solely on Iron Galaxy or Rocksteady alone but if anyone was to blame it's probably WB so we completely agree on that.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By OurSin_360

Well it gets up to 60fps for me when not gliding or driving

Evilsbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#18  Edited By Evilsbane

You know it is kinda crazy that this is the Only talk about Batman I have seen since release, I don't know what the majority even feel about the game this has dominated any discussion of it.

Would anyone stand up for this as a GOTY contender? (Console Version obviously)

DarkbeatDK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By DarkbeatDK

@evilsbane: I think it's a phenomenal game. I love Batman and this was a fantastic entry to the series. Still, I think Asylum nails it, from a story perspective.

I agree with @castiel that this probably is mostly WB's fault.... but in completely unrelated news, Iron Galaxy's David Asuka Langley is participating in Extra Life (for the kids) and he is asking for suggestions on what he should play. Should the monster suffer under the weight of his own sins? You decide! :D

Joshakazam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@evilsbane: I think it's a phenomenal game. I love Batman and this was a fantastic entry to the series. Still, I think Asylum nails it, from a story perspective.

I agree with @castiel that this probably is mostly WB's fault.... but in completely unrelated news, Iron Galaxy's David Asuka Langley is participating in Extra Life (for the kids) and he is asking for suggestions on what he should play. Should the monster suffer under the weight of his own sins? You decide! :D

It would be pretty stupid to watch Dave Lang play Arkham Knight....

I'm in.

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HA!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.