Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Batman: Arkham Knight

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Jun 23, 2015

Developer Rocksteady's return to the Batman series takes place one year after the events of Arkham City. It expands the open world from the previous game and allows players to finally drive the Batmobile throughout Gotham City's streets.

WARNING: AMD cards are screwed right now

The_Tribunal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I just jumped in for the first 45 minutes of Arkham Knight and everything is fucked for my 7970. AMD users are torching the Steam forums right now so if you're planning on dropping your $60 on this, I'd advise you wait.

The_Tribunal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By The_Tribunal

And this is with the 15.6 beta drivers.

rethla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Yeh when WB went out even before the release and stated they where working on the AMD performance and also increasing system requirements for AMD PCs you knew it was gonna be real bad.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just a favor: can you elaborate on what you mean by "fucked"?

The_Tribunal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Like, you can't turn without the frame rate falling to single digits or straight up giving you a still image. My 7970 can run Attila, Metro LL,GTA V, and Witcher 3 on the highest-to-high settings. Arkham Knight just straight up doesn't run on normal settings.

The_Tribunal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ripelivejam: frame rate. Its incredibly unstable and you can't drive the batmobile without the already crappy (sub-30) frame rate plunging severely. Its not optimized at all.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By ripelivejam

i'll probably hold off then, though there's a vid of someone on an r9 290 (my card) getting 40-70fps.

you tried disabling gameworks?

The_Tribunal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah. I'm probably going to give it a few day for a patch to come along, if not there's always the refund option.

Nardak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By Nardak

There is a 36 page performance thread about Arkham Knight at the moment on Neogaf: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1068628&page=36

Lots of people seem to have problems with the pc version of the game. This is one of those cases which proves that having a refund option available is a good thing. Buying the console version is probably a better choiche at this point.

schlorgan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#10  Edited By schlorgan

Most people seem to be having issues, regardless of video card.

DrBroel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

I have a 7970 (i7 4790k precessor) and stay at the locked 30fps the whole time. I think people need to double check that the 15.6 drivers installed correctly. Amd messed up the download links on their site and gave the 8.1 version to windows 7 users and visa versa.

I suspect that the 30fps lock has to do with the animations as the camera seamlessly floats around the environments, haven't really seen a game do this so impressively before. I wouldn't encourage people to unlock the frame rate in the ini file until more is known.

The game is using nearly all of my 8 Gigs of ram so I do get slowdown if I don't make sure I close things like chrome to free up the ram.

It looks way better than the console versions, at the same frame rate, and it cost fraction of what they are selling for (got my copy for $25).

Mentalocrity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eugh, I just experienced how crapped up it is first hand. It stutters every time it has to load something is what it seems like, and then just dips the framerate whenever you do anything. I didn't have AS BAD a time as some other folks, especially if I ran everything at the lowest settings. I've got an AMD card (R9 280), but it also sounds like a large number of Nvidia users are reporting the same problems, which is not good. I'd imagine that they're going to dump a patch here pretty quick or else they're going to be issuing quite a few refunds.

I'll play Asylum to tide me by. I paid 35 bucks for this on Green Man Gaming, so I'll just have to wait it out.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i'm getting better results this morning with my 7950 in the benchmarks than i did last night, not sure why but still haven't played the real game yet. Still tempted to get a 970 today...

officer_falcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I was able to play for a half hour or so when the game finally finished installing last night. I'm also running a 7950 and installed the newest drivers last night before the game came out in anticipation of things like this. Not sure what's causing the issues for everybody else. Maybe this thing will suddenly tank or something when I try to go farther.

slyspider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, thank god for refunding right?

qrdl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Adam Smith from RPS is reporting identical behaviour on a GTX 970. It definitely seems to be memory-related.

linky

DrBroel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#17  Edited By DrBroel

Im running it well off of a SSD. What kind of hard drive is everyone else using and how is the game running for you?

DocACE911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It is not just AMD. My i7/970 4GB/16GB/SSD (albeit a "slow SSD") runs horribly at 1080p. Low textures seems to help that makes no sense.

Arkham city was a mess also. Should have waited for the GOTY edition when all 12 patches will be out and it will be good.

Took Far Cry 4 on the PC until patient 1.08 until the stuttering was fixed. This may be the same.

Also this is all Dave Lange's fault. IronGalaxy did the port (per Eurogamer). I live in Chicago so that makes me more angry since it makes my town look bad.

hassun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By hassun
    Junkboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nvidia Gameworks, build it broken!

I don't blame Lang much. When you're forced to work with poor software that was known to cause problems in previous titles I can't really put all the blame on the man.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.