Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Batman: Arkham Origins

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released Oct 25, 2013

Two years after beginning his crime-fighting career, Batman faces his toughest challenge ever when the crime lord known as Black Mask hires the eight deadliest assassins in the DC Universe to kill the vigilante who has been interfering in his operations.

This commercial is freaking amazing!

Castiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Castiel

Now I usually don't care much about cgi trailers, but this one is something else. In a mere 30 seconds it manages to convey the death of Bruce's childhood, his anger and frustration better than any of the games, or movies for that matter, has ever done. This is how you make a commercial.

It was Fat Man on Batman that made me aware of this commercial by the way.

Dallas_Raines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

kindgineer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@dallas_raines: Haha, I was thinking the same thing. I have a feeling the time-lapse was overlooked, and he's just happy coming out of the movie theatre with his parents. Maybe they decided to skip ahead and show that he was happy, and then he wasn't.

Great trailer, though. I get why you thought it was fantastic.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

The "Pre-Order now!" really kills it for me.

Avatar image for awesomeusername
    awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

You just saw this?!

MarkWahlberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man, how much better would Bully have been if you were playing as a young Bruce Wayne. There's your freakin' prequel, WB Games.

(that is a nice trailer, somewhat reminiscent of that Dead Island one).

Castiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@castiel: I saw this like 3 weeks ago you former angel. <-- (Hoping you get this and your username isn't a coincidence.)

crithon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#9  Edited By crithon
    Loading Video...

Wonder Woman "Circumstances aside, it was kind of enjoyable to be a kid again"

Batman "I have been a kid since I was 8 years old."

But yeah, it's fascinating how he's a scared little boy, but then has amazing gadgets, vehicles all designed to fit his motif still trapped in a 8 year old mentally. "GRRR, I'm angry, let me make this all black with little bat emblems on it." That new Lego Movie Will Arnett Batman nails it perfectly.

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By TruthTellah

@castiel: I kind of wish the commercial was longer and able to linger a bit more, but yeah, it's a cool transition. I think the move from child to Batman continues to be an underutilized part of the character.

Reminds me a bit of this God of War: Ascension trailer. Game was eh, but the commercial is one of my favorites in a while. I think bathing him with the ashes of his daughter is a really interesting visual as it amps up to the epic battle ahead.

Loading Video...

Castiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Castiel

@awesomeusername said:

@castiel: I saw this like 3 weeks ago you former angel. <-- (Hoping you get this and your username isn't a coincidence.)

No my username is not a coincidence... but since I created my username I have actually lost interest in Supernatural, but I see no point in changing it now. Supernatural was best in the first five years, after that it went downhill unfortunately.

Also I rarely watch any cg trailers, as most of them don't interest me at all, or really tell me anything meaningful about the game. Even the crappiest games can have the flashiest cg trailers but that doesn't change the fact that the game might still be a turd.

Not saying Arkham Origins is a turd by the way, I actually thought it was pretty good despite of some bugs.

The only reason I was made aware of this commercial was because it was mentioned on a podcast and I thought I would check it out. If it hadn't been mentioned there I would probably never have seen it, because of my previously mentioned reasons.

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By probablytuna

That ad version of Batman bugged me because of the fake leathery texture they had for the suit. It looks like a cheap costume you would see at a cosplay convention and doesn't match the one in the game at all.

GnaTSoL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Felt like that dead island trailer to me. Nice trailers but I felt nothing after seeing them.

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@castiel: Reminds me a bit of this God of War: Ascension trailer.

Oh man, first time I've seen that...now I'm even more bummed out by the fact that a new God of War game came out in 2013 and I barely even remember it anymore.

AssInAss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15  Edited By AssInAss

Man, how much better would Bully have been if you were playing as a young Bruce Wayne. There's your freakin' prequel, WB Games.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuck that's a brilliant idea!

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I find it interesting that I had to watch an ad in order to watch this ad.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

All my money.

Castiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Castiel

@assinass said:

@markwahlberg said:

You should really listen to the latest edition of Fat Man on Batman with Kevin Smith and Paul Dini, writer on Batman: The Animated Series and the first two Arkham games, where they talk about creating a tv show based on pretty much that exact idea. It sounds fucking amazing.

I really hope Paul Dini makes that a real thing because it needs to happen.

Here's the podcast(it's probably about 20-25 minutes in): http://smodcast.com/episodes/paul-dini-shadow-of-the-bat/

emfromthesea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

AssInAss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#20  Edited By AssInAss

@castiel said:

@assinass said:

@markwahlberg said:

You should really listen to the latest edition of Fat Man on Batman with Kevin Smith and Paul Dini, writer on Batman: The Animated Series and the first two Arkham games, where they talk about creating a tv show based on pretty much that exact idea. It sounds fucking amazing.

I really hope Paul Dini makes that a real thing because it needs to happen.

Here's the podcast(it's probably about 20-25 minutes in): http://smodcast.com/episodes/paul-dini-shadow-of-the-bat/

Damn, the way how Kevin Smith describes the ad, I feel like I should watch it again. Describing those first 2 seconds as when Bruce Wayne dies is great.

Scotto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gnatsol said:

Felt like that dead island trailer to me. Nice trailers but I felt nothing after seeing them.

The shot of young Bruce's dead eyes at the funeral in the rain, made me feel pretty bad for him.

It's a great commercial, though I wish it was a bit longer.

Scotto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@crithon said:

But yeah, it's fascinating how he's a scared little boy, but then has amazing gadgets, vehicles all designed to fit his motif still trapped in a 8 year old mentally. "GRRR, I'm angry, let me make this all black with little bat emblems on it." That new Lego Movie Will Arnett Batman nails it perfectly.

Bruce's objective with the outfit, and the styling of his toys, is simply to inspire fear in his enemies. If he didn't go this route, he'd essentially just be a ninja, which isn't what he wants - he wants to inspire terror, by seeming like something more than just a dude who is good at beating people up. Arkham Origins does a good job portraying this, by having his enemies not even know for sure if he's a man - some think he's some sort of beast, or not even real.

And of course, there are the somewhat campy holdovers from being a decades-old creation, in an era when he was a more "family friendly" hero, and not the incredibly dark dude he is now (at his best).

awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@castiel said:

@awesomeusername said:

No my username is not a coincidence... but since I created my username I have actually lost interest in Supernatural, but I see no point in changing it now. Supernatural was best in the first five years, after that it went downhill unfortunately.

Also I rarely watch any cg trailers, as most of them don't interest me at all, or really tell me anything meaningful about the game. Even the crappiest games can have the flashiest cg trailers but that doesn't change the fact that the game might still be a turd.

Not saying Arkham Origins is a turd by the way, I actually thought it was pretty good despite of some bugs.

The only reason I was made aware of this commercial was because it was mentioned on a podcast and I thought I would check it out. If it hadn't been mentioned there I would probably never have seen it, because of my previously mentioned reasons.

Definitely. Fist couple seasons were really good. I still like it but man, the current season is really slow. I also watched the entirety of Supernatural earlier this year. I was always aware of it but never kept up with it. I was bad keeping up with shows. I just wonder when this shows going to end.

I know what you mean about CG trailers. As mentioned above, Dead Island. Ugh. But man, CG trailers are always fun to watch and as much as I like rewatching them a ton of times, I don't judge games by them anymore. I wait for some actual gameplay to judge. CG trailers are just eye candy to me.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.