Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Batman: The Telltale Series

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released Aug 02, 2016

Telltale Games brings their trademark adventure game style to the city of Gotham, as the Caped Crusader must hunt down a group of terrorists known as the Children of Arkham while investigating a new conspiracy about his family's legacy.

Here is the voice cast

Chocobodude3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 18

Source

Troy Baker-Batman

Laura Bailey- Catwoman

Travis Willingham-Harvey Dent

Erin Yvette-Viki Vale

Enn Reitel- Alfred

Murphy Guyer-Commissioner Gordon

Richard McGonagle-Carmine Falcone

GabrielCantor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By GabrielCantor

This is only weird because the only other time Troy Baker has played Batman is the Lego games. But him, Laura Bailey, and Travis Willingham are a good group. Funimation alumni representing!

Gotta say I'm actually looking forward to this. I've never been super into Telltale, and I'm kind of over Batman, but this seems like it might be greater than the sum of its parts. Actually detective work! Bruce Wayne stuff!

roc_553

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Didn't he also voice the Joker in Arkham Origins?

Chocobodude3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 18

xanadu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Kind of hard to imagine Baker pulling of that classic deep boom-y voice I've come to expect from animated batman. But he is talented and maybe he could pull it off or maybe it will be a fresh take for the dark knight.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#6  Edited By Yummylee

@roc_553 said:

Yeah, as well as Two-Face and Robin in Arkham City, and the Arkham Knight as well. He was Rhyse in Tales from the Borderlands too, and Laura Bailey voiced Fiona. It's honestly ridiculous how video game developers keep pulling from the same small handful of voice actors. Now, yeah, obviously they have range, but Baker & Bailey's range in particular has been spread pretty thin - it's impossible not to immediately hear them as Baker & Bailey now. Even Nolan North wasn't this overbearingly prominent during his heyday.

Pretty awesome that we have Victor 'Goddamn' Sullivan voicing a crime boss, though!

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By glots

But...but Kevin Conroy.

civid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yummylee said:
    @roc_553 said:

Yeah, as well as Two-Face and Robin in Arkham City, and the Arkham Knight as well. He was Rhyse in Tales from the Borderlands too, and Laura Bailey voiced Fiona. It's honestly ridiculous how video game developers keep pulling from the same small handful of voice actors. Now, yeah, obviously they have range, but Baker & Bailey's range in particular has been spread pretty thin - it's impossible not to immediately hear them as Baker & Bailey now. Even Nolan North wasn't this overbearingly prominent during his heyday.

Pretty awesome that we have Victor 'Goddamn' Sullivan voicing a crime boss, though!

I at least respect them for actually going with voice actors not actors to score cheap points.

ATastySlurpee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is going to be great

devise22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Nolan North better return to voice Penguin again if he appears in game. :P Be interesting to see who voices Joker if they use him as well. But yes this is a good list.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Who will voice Gandalfred though?

Yeah, I agree though, Troy Baker and Laura Bailey are pretty overused. Other voice actors exist, it doesn't have to be a profession where a select ~50 people get a disgusting amount of work across video games, western animation, and anime.

Gaff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bisonhero: @yummylee: I think that until voice acting becomes as glamorous as regular acting, the pool of voice actors is going to stay incredibly small. And let's face it, the promise of becoming a TV or movie star is a lot more attractive than a voice director.

ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So, I can see they're really casting outside the video game voice acting talent pool bubble with this one...

crithon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#14  Edited By crithon

sure, why not, and while we are at it lets bring back the Else World logo.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Does this make Troy Baker the first person to be both The Joker and Batman in official Batman stuff? I don't know.

JRM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bisonhero: It's not a charity man, it's a specialized profession and the folks who have risen to prominence did so by consistently providing excellent work. All the more power to them I say.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jrm: Troy Baker seems fine, but I don't see anything about his performances that should make him the Brad Pitt of voice acting. I'm pretty sure there are other male voice actors out there that can play a leading man.

poobumbutt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#18  Edited By poobumbutt

@epidehl: Man, I remember when Troy, Laura and Travis did anime on the regular. I'm gonna say "I feel old" for the first non-ironic time ever.

I'll admit to laughing out loud when I saw Baker's casting, but I really like him. If him as Joker taught us anything, it's that he has RANGE. It just seems like no voice or casting directors ever seem to utilize it.

I don't blame them for taking work that comes to them - especially since I still don't mind straight-up-Troy-Baker voice yet - I just hate that every director seems cool with Baker/Bailey's everyman/woman voice. Like, I wonder how long it's been since Bailey has needed to break out a voice as "out there" as her Kid Trunks voice? Or Shin-Chan? Or even sweet little Tohru?

Still, I can't argue with Bailey as Catwoman. I don't call her my favorite VA for nothing.

GabrielCantor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By GabrielCantor

@mooseymcman: He was also Superman in the short-lived Infinite Crisis, and Nightwing and Sinestro in Injustice. His DC VO roles run deep, it's kinda nuts.

And yeah, probably.

@poobumbutt : Hell yeah man, I miss them in my anime. Laura Bailey and Troy Baker will always be Shin and Action Bastard to me, dammit!

Avatar image for deactivated-582d227526464
    deactivated-582d227526464

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I wouldn't sleep on Troy Baker, he nailed the voices of Joel and Joker. Heck, he even did a good Two-Face. The guy has enough range that I'd believe he'd do a good batman too.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#21  Edited By Yummylee

@gaff said:

@bisonhero: @yummylee: I think that until voice acting becomes as glamorous as regular acting, the pool of voice actors is going to stay incredibly small. And let's face it, the promise of becoming a TV or movie star is a lot more attractive than a voice director.

Thing is there's of lot voice talent out there, it's just that developers seem intent to keep on playing it safe with the likes of Baker, Bailey, and Willingham because, well, they're hottest of shit. Probably also helps that they're all really close - Laura & Travis are married, and Travis was also Baker's best man for his wedding. Probably some small print on a contract that states if you hire one you hafta hire the other two.

EDIT: Also, here's a silly list of voice actors I made for reference.

The_Nubster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

@poobumbutt: I don't see where all the hate for Troy Baker comes from. Nolan North, except when he's doing Penguin, is literally always just Nolan North. Except when he was angry Nolan North in Spec Ops, that was pretty good.

But between Joker, Pagan Min, Joel, Booker, Delsin and a billiondy zillion other roles, I can honestly say that the only time I've ever actually noticed his voice was in Uncharted 4 and MGS5. The dude is incredibly talented, and moreso than other voice actors, his range gets utilized fantastically well. His pace and cadence is different in every role, so even when he isn't doing a lot with his voice, it still doesn't sound like him. Unless the quality of his work completely nosedives, I can't see myself getting very tired of him.

poobumbutt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_nubster: I had forgotten Pagan Min, that's a good one.

Besides Joker, I could tell it was him in all the other roles, though. Or, I guess that's a weird phrase, since I almost always know the cast of games going in, having an interest in voice acting. So, I suppose I should say I could "notice" that it was him. But as previously stated, that's not a big deal, since as long as he's on his game and his range is getting used, it doesn't bother me.

Oh, and although I mostly agree with you on North, don't forget his role as David in Last of Us. Creepy.

Nodima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

An issue I'll always have with this "notice him" stuff is that I'm not sure that's a huge deal. Morgan Freeman does a ton of documentary work these days, and it's because people want their audiences recognizing that's Morgan Freeman. The Rock is a hot commodity for action and action-comedy franchises because studios want their audiences to recognize that The Rock is in their movie.

The nature of VO work means that they're probably taking two to four big motion capture gigs a year, the same as the big working actors like Denzel Washington or Ryan Gosling or whoever. But they can also take a lot of smaller projects that strictly require their voice, especially if they are so professional about it that it takes significantly less time to get their lines 'right' than it would with more green performers.

That documentary I Know That Voice sheds some really good light on this issue in that there's a very good reason you see the same people doing voce acting over and over again, and it's not always that they have the BEST voice. They can just do in three days what it takes others a week to get right.

Toug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

The character list makes me assume it's gonna play more in the mystery/detective vein, so that's awesome.

ozzdog12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jrm said:

@bisonhero: It's not a charity man, it's a specialized profession and the folks who have risen to prominence did so by consistently providing excellent work. All the more power to them I say.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I love Troy Baker, they only time it breaks for me is when his characters scream or yell, it reverts to the same voice or slight variations of. When Booker Dewitt was yelling, all I could imagine was Kanji screaming get bent.

Again, love Troy Baker, a lot of characters I don't even realise he is voice them, took a long time during The Last of Us to remember he was Joel.

Avatar image for thephantomstranger
    ThePhantomStranger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm sure Baker will do a good job but I kind of feel like Roger Craig Smith already really nailed the detective side of Batman in Origins that they seem to be angling towards here. It's just kind of weird that Roger Craig Smith hasn't been used for Batman stuff post Origins but Baker has been used plenty. Like they had the suicide squad animated movie with Troy Baker Joker but with Kevin Conroy Batman. Obviously Conroy IS Batman but Roger Craig Smith was really good and makes sense as a second choice.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.