Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Batman: The Telltale Series

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released Aug 02, 2016

Telltale Games brings their trademark adventure game style to the city of Gotham, as the Caped Crusader must hunt down a group of terrorists known as the Children of Arkham while investigating a new conspiracy about his family's legacy.

So will we ever see a second season to this? Yes we will!

Castiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Castiel

Edit: Guess it is official then. Telltales Batman will return. I picked the right day to ask. Thanks @briarpack for making me aware of this.

Link to announcement: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXRbi8Elxx0

Video can also be seen further down.

Original post:

Or will this just end like The Wolf Among Us? I would find it weird if we never saw a second season since Batman is infinitely more well known than a game based on Fables and I would think that it would have sold okay at least. But of course I don't know the sales numbers for this game.

First season began august last year and ended in december. So it's almost a year ago it began and 7 months ago it ended and there haven't been any news about a second season. At least I haven't been able to find any official news.

As tired as I am of most Telltale games I liked that they took some chances with the Batman lore and even changed some pretty significant story pieces regarding Batman's backstory. It was nice to see someone take an alternative approach to his backstory.

If we don't see a second season to this I think I'm officially done with the Telltale games. I don't want to support them anymore if they don't follow up on their stories.

Did you enjoy the first season and would you like to see Telltale do a second season? If so which storylines would you like to see?

xanadu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I really liked the first season and how they changed things up. I didn't like the way it ended so much, felt a bit flat to me. If I recall correctly, wolf among us didn't have a post ending teaser scene like Batman. I'm pretty sure it sold much better than wolf as well so we will probably see a season 2.

That said I don't think I'm really salivating for another season. The original walking dead is still the most impacfful game they've done and season 2 of that was a little meh for my tastes.

Avatar image for deactivated-63f899c29358e
    deactivated-63f899c29358e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

I think I saw that Telltale were going to show something at SDCC, and there was a ratings board that mentioned a game called Batman: The Enemy Within. Coincidence?

UlquioKani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By UlquioKani

I felt like this was the weakest of all the telltale games (didn't play game of thrones or walking dead season 3). I'd much rather see Wolf Among Us return as it was my personal favorite but Batman seems the most likely to return. Wolf is unlikely to return as that comic has ended.

Avatar image for deactivated-63c06c6e81315
    deactivated-63c06c6e81315

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Funny you should mention it.

Loading Video...
    Castiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.