Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Batman

Character » appears in 95 games

After witnessing the cold-blooded murder of his parents, young Bruce Wayne swore to combat the evil that took their lives. Using his family's fortune, he travelled the world, training to physical and mental perfection. Once his training was complete, he returned to Gotham City as the Dark Knight, Batman.

I Hate the Bat-suit

Bulldog19892

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Bulldog19892

Am I the only person who thinks the Bat-suit looks stupid? It looks so incredibly old-fashioned. And if you think about it, it would be totally ineffective.

Having colors like light gray, and yellow on a suit that you're going to wear while lurking in the shadows seems a bit counter productive. With a suit that's all black like the one in 'Batman Begins' makes a whole lot more sense. Thoughts?

Pictured: Batman, reminiscing about the good ol' days, when people used to wear their underpants outside of their tights.
    Pictured: Batman, reminiscing about the good ol' days, when people used to wear their underpants outside of their tights.
    TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By TheGreatGuero

Well yeah, it might seem goofy now, but like you said, the newer one is cool so who cares?

Bulldog19892

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Bulldog19892
    TheGreatGuero said:
    "Well yeah, it might seem goofy now, but like you said, the newer one is cool so who cares?"
    Right, but that's not the one you see in the comics.
    brukaoru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By brukaoru

I rather not have Batman's outfit stay exclusively one color like it is in Batman Begins. I like the variety of outfits he has. And really, I could find many more comic book characters with way more ridiculous outfits that aren't very suitable for being stealthy.

Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Arkthemaniac

Batman's costume is better than yours, Bulldog. O I went thurr.

dsplayer1010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By dsplayer1010

I like it still, despite being old fashioned.

Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By Hamz

Batman tends to wrap his black cloak around him when he is skulking about like the vigilante ninja bat that he is. But the comic book style of his costume looks badass and the movie ones while cool are too dark and have little details because of this.

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By HandsomeDead

Batman's always been stupid and his suit is one of the main reasons for it. The ears look so silly.

Black_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 8

#9  Edited By Black_Rose

Isn't the logo supposed to be yellow so that the criminals shoot at it? i read something like that somewhere, i dont remember. 

Bulldog19892

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Bulldog19892
    Arkthemaniac said:
    "Batman's costume is better than yours, Bulldog. O I went thurr."
    Oh, I beg to differ.
    Oh, I beg to differ.
    jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#11  Edited By jakob187
    Bulldog19892 said:
    "Am I the only person who thinks the Bat-suit looks stupid? It looks so incredibly old-fashioned. And if you think about it, it would be totally ineffective.

Having colors like light gray, and yellow on a suit that you're going to wear while lurking in the shadows seems a bit counter productive. With a suit that's all black like the one in 'Batman Begins' makes a whole lot more sense. Thoughts?

"
    1.  Never knock on Batman's suit and then post a Jim Lee-drawn picture.  That's beyond blasphemous.  And especially don't post something from Hush, one of the best Batman stories ever.
    2.  Batman's suit is just fine, and anyone who whines about it probably liked Spawn's stupid ass.

3.  In Soviet Russia, Bat-suit hates you!!!
    Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#12  Edited By Arkthemaniac
    Bulldog19892 said:
    "Arkthemaniac said:
    "Batman's costume is better than yours, Bulldog. O I went thurr."
    Oh, I beg to differ.
    Oh, I beg to differ.
    "
    . . . I just ben pwnt.
    Bulldog19892

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Bulldog19892
    HandsomeDead said:
    "Batman's always been stupid and his suit is one of the main reasons for it. The ears look so silly."
    Maybe for you, but you can't deny that some ridiculously awesome stories have come out of the Batman mythos. (The Killing Joke, Arkham Asylum, and The Long Halloween spring to mind. Also the upcoming "Joker" graphic novel is supposed to be fantastic.)
    jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By jakob187
    Bulldog19892 said:
    "HandsomeDead said:
    "Batman's always been stupid and his suit is one of the main reasons for it. The ears look so silly."
    Maybe for you, but you can't deny that some ridiculously awesome stories have come out of the Batman mythos. (The Killing Joke, Arkham Asylum, and The Long Halloween spring to mind. Also the upcoming "Joker" graphic novel is supposed to be fantastic.)"
    You aren't talking about the story.  You are talking about the suit.
    Freddy Krueger is the reason New Line Cinema exists...the same company that put out the LOTR movies.

That's about the relevance of story has to the suit.

Back on topic:  at least Batman's suit isn't Superman's suit.  
    Bulldog19892

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Bulldog19892
    jakob187 said:
    "Bulldog19892 said:
    "Am I the only person who thinks the Bat-suit looks stupid? It looks so incredibly old-fashioned. And if you think about it, it would be totally ineffective.

"
    1.  Never knock on Batman's suit and then post a Jim Lee-drawn picture.  That's beyond blasphemous.  And especially don't post something from Hush, one of the best Batman stories ever.
    2.  Batman's suit is just fine, and anyone who whines about it probably liked Spawn's stupid ass.

3.  In Soviet Russia, Bat-suit hates you!!!
    "
    True, there have been numerous artists who have managed to make Batman look awesome even in such an awkward suit. Also, Spawn was retarded. Don't make blanket statements. The only reason I picked that picture was because of Batman's contemplative look. I'll find a more appropriate one.
    Absurd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16  Edited By Absurd

I don't think it looks too bad when its on paper but in movies...Meh

caption
    caption
    caption
    caption

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By jakob187

ADAM WEST!!!  WOOT!!!

Bulldog19892

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Bulldog19892
    jakob187 said:
    "ADAM WEST!!!  WOOT!!!"
    lol.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.