Batsu is a recently transferred student to Taiyo High school who is in search of his mother, Shizuku Ichimonji. Shortly after beginning his investigation, he is joined by Hinata Wakaba and Kyosuke Kagami and together they discover the source of the attacks on Taiyo High students was the work of Raizo Imawano, Batsu's long-lost father and principal of Justice High. His ending reveals that he saves his mother and makes up with his estranged father who chastises him for bringing home a bad report card.
Set a year after the events of the first game, Batsu has assimilated well into his new school but, after an incident at a school athletic event, finds himself accused of attacking various students from different schools. In the Taiyo High storyline, he can either fight off the allegations with the help of students from Pacific High or commits to a self-imposed exile where he later returns more powerful as Burning Batsu. Either way, they manage to defeat both Kurow and a possed Hyo Imawano. The Taiyo High ending shows that Kyosuke has disappeared and Batsu, along with his classmates, resolve to wait for him to return and welcome him back with open arms.
"Hot-Blooded Transfer Student"
Batsu is a hot-blooded, impulsive and foul-mouthed teenager who possesses a strong sense of justice and a kind heart. His straightforward and rough nature can often land him into trouble with other students. He has a phobia of dogs due to a traumatic experience as a child when he was attacked by one.
- While poor at the majority of his other schoolwork, Batsu is adept at physical education.
- He has a talent for speed eating.
- In order to help his mother, Batsu used to have part-time jobs selling milk and newspapers.
- Natsu is his "fighting buddy".
- He is actually the cousin of Kyosuke and Hyo since his father Raizo is their uncle though this isn't really referred to in any of the games.
- In line with his rough nature, he often uses the word temee (てめえ) to address people. This is considered a rude way of saying "you" to other people.
- He is voiced by Nobuyuki Hiyama.
- It is unknown how Batsu added some Imawano Ryuu techniques to his repertoire given the fact he wasn't raised as a member of the Imawano clan.
- He made a small cameo in UDON's Street Fighter Legends: Sakura comic.
- His mother appears as a clerk in the Item Shop Mode in Nekketsu Seisyun Nikki 2.
- In Capcom vs. SNK 2, Batsu appears in a cameo with Hinata during Kyosuke's Final Symphony Remix Super Combo.
- His ending in Tatsunoko vs. Capcom elaborates more on his training to become Burning Batsu.
- Along with Akira, Batsu was supposed to appear in the canceled Capcom Fighting All-Stars: Code Holder for the arcade and PlayStation 2.