Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battlefield 1

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Oct 21, 2016

The long-running Battlefield series goes even further back in time in the 15th installment, this time to the first World War.

How do we all feel about that lack of historical accuracy?

• 101 results
    Avatar image for seventytwotransformations
    SeventyTwoTransformations

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Seems pretty accurate to me:

Loading Video...

Avatar image for deactivated-5e6e407163fd7
    deactivated-5e6e407163fd7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

I didn't expect anything more from them. I also don't really care, but that has more to do with me being a husk and not feeling any great emotion towards any wars fought in the past. I've heard people describe this game as basically just feeling like a return to WWII games. I guess they thought setting it in an old war that hasn't been done to death would be better than taking it back to WWII.

odinsmana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It`s kind of hilarious when people show a glitch of someone clipping through a wall and say "this is nor historicly accurate!". If DICE wanted to make a very hirstorcally accurate game it seems like they made some weird compromises along the way, but it seems more like they are trying to capture the atmosphere more than anythin else. I think that`s a bit hard to do with the zanyness of the Battlefield, but if they can pull it off that could be neat.

But yeah, there are so many videos going around with the beta being glitchy and people using that to prove the game is not historically accurate, which I think is kind of ridiculous. The game is not very historically accurate, but that is not why.

Eosino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DICE Design Director Lars Gustavsson: "As always since Battlefield 1942, we have done extensive research into finding the authenticity and picked out the core gameplay pillars. One of those core gameplay pillars is perceived realism. It is that we base the game on authenticity, and we extract those pieces to create a game, meaning that we don't get bogged down by history."

As with most of the other entries in the series, we'll get perceived realism.

Either way, forming opinions on the game's historical accuracy based on a multiplayer alpha/beta seems a little premature to me.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.