Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battlefield 1943

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Jul 08, 2009

Return to the Pacific Theater in this simpler, downloadable, console-exclusive sequel to the massive World War II first-person shooter Battlefield 1942. It was later shut down on December 2023.

1943 Matchmaking All Messed Up

nukesniper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By nukesniper

I've had some trouble with 1943 recently and am wondering if this is happening for anyone else. 

A few days ago I tried to join up (I don't play much 1943, but I enjoy it a little from time to time) and I got connection issues. Unable to join games and the like. Tonight however, my issue is a little more, dumb. 

Tonight all of my 1943 games have been ridiculously unbalanced. From 9v3 to 7v1 to 7v0 (for a little bit, then one joined) all of my games have consisted of very little actual playing. Maybe this is due to the BFBC2 demo being out, but with 10 people in games and 5 people hunting the one guy on the other team, this game isn't really that exciting. 

Right now, as I type this, I am standing in a bunker on Mount Suribachi waiting for the IJN bar to empty so I can mark down another game played.  

Working on an S-Rank has never been so boring...

EpicSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By EpicSteve

I've never had any of the above issues.

falconer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 21

#3  Edited By falconer

That game has always had connection issues. It just seems like you decided to jump in at the wrong time though. LOADS of people played 1943 for a good couple months after it came out, but now it seems the community has died down.

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By natetodamax
    @ShaggyChu said:
    " That game has always had connection issues. It just seems like you decided to jump in at the wrong time though. LOADS of people played 1943 for a good couple months after it came out, but now it seems the community has died down. "
    I wouldn't say that for sure. I got into a game late last night with a full player count.
    Andorski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By Andorski

I played consistently for a few months after its release.  I never ran into those kinds of problems with the 360 version I played.  I do remember a lot of players having the habit of quitting a few minutes into a game.  3-5 minutes in, you can usually tell which team is going to win.  Maybe the people who still play BF1943 are just rage-quitters.

falconer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

#6  Edited By falconer
    @natetodamax said:
    " @ShaggyChu said:
    " That game has always had connection issues. It just seems like you decided to jump in at the wrong time though. LOADS of people played 1943 for a good couple months after it came out, but now it seems the community has died down. "
    I wouldn't say that for sure. I got into a game late last night with a full player count. "
    Ah, okay. Well I haven't played in some time and was just going off what the OP said.
    artofwar420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#7  Edited By artofwar420

There's definitely a lot of people playing, and I think that's part of the problem. I too get many "connection issues" most times I want to play. Sigh, the last trophy eludes me.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.