Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battlefield 1943

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Jul 08, 2009

Return to the Pacific Theater in this simpler, downloadable, console-exclusive sequel to the massive World War II first-person shooter Battlefield 1942. It was later shut down on December 2023.

Aerial Combat

Gahzoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Gahzoo

No, this is not a thread about me complaining on how the plane steers- I love how it steers. Also I have the controls setup for Southpaw Inverted, because that's how it is for most games with similar control mechanics for flying.

What I do have a problem with is the plane's guns. The guns seem effective when fired at ground targets, but they seem unreliable at killing other planes.
    I'm not talking about the damage, sure it is a little weak, but how the bullets work. When I shoot the water it seems the bullets do not curve like they do in real life, and to me this actually makes it harder to get shots on another plane while turning. So I ask, do they curve? Also every time i maneuver in position to shoot the enemy, I always change camera, why? Because for some reason almost all my shots land while in Third Person Camera, but not in Cockpit mode, and this is strange to me because I am terrible at flying in Third Person, because I can't use the right-stick as well (remember its in Southpaw) as in cockpit mode.

So any tips on how to aim while in cockpit mode, because I have played many games involving flight, so I can out-maneuver most people, I just kill them fast enough, it usually takes like 5 minutes, or ends in an assist because a Flak gun killed the plane. So Am i supposed to aim in the middle in cockpit mode or what?

And sorry for the wall of text.

Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By Pie

I find the bullets land where the two little things in your cockpit visor begin

Gahzoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Gahzoo
    @Pie said:
    " I find the bullets land where the two little things in your cockpit visor begin "
    Thanks, I will go try it.
    Fosssil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By Fosssil

I don't know if the plane bullets curve, but I know that the sniper bullets curve over extreme distances. I'd just recommend that you lead your target a bit more, unless you are flying very close to them.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.